Home

No Assist On, Why Do User Controlled Players Move On Their On

This is a discussion on No Assist On, Why Do User Controlled Players Move On Their On within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-10-2018, 08:02 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: No Assist On, Why Do User Controlled Players Move On Their On

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have witnessed my LB move on its own, even as I attempt to control him at the snap. Seems to always conveniently push or pull me out of a hole which allows for a solid running play.
It will also suck you in on play action something fierce.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #10
MVP

pimpycraig's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't like this functionality at all. I want 100% control of my player, pre and post snap. If I'm slow reading a hole as a LB, I should not be rewarded.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #11
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpycraig
I don't like this functionality at all. I want 100% control of my player, pre and post snap. If I'm slow reading a hole as a LB, I should not be rewarded.
This is exactly the way I feel. I couldn' have said it better myself!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 08:18 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have witnessed my LB move on its own, even as I attempt to control him at the snap. Seems to always conveniently push or pull me out of a hole which allows for a solid running play.
This.

You can tell when the CPU is trying to force the issue because your LB will false step or just freeze.

I like a play out of the 46 where the “Will” will attempt to blitz the B gap and I will normally time the snap so my player already has momentum.

I’ve lost count of how many times my LB will just stop, flat footed, and allow a block to engage when he should have been able to plug the GAO and bounce the ball outside into the pursuit.

This is how the game works though. If you pay attention you’ll recognize it in passing situations where defender’s seem to purposely avoid defending the zone in such an orchestrated way it almost seems choreographed.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:04 PM   #13
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
This.

You can tell when the CPU is trying to force the issue because your LB will false step or just freeze.

I like a play out of the 46 where the “Will” will attempt to blitz the B gap and I will normally time the snap so my player already has momentum.

I’ve lost count of how many times my LB will just stop, flat footed, and allow a block to engage when he should have been able to plug the GAO and bounce the ball outside into the pursuit.

This is how the game works though. If you pay attention you’ll recognize it in passing situations where defender’s seem to purposely avoid defending the zone in such an orchestrated way it almost seems choreographed.
This is how the game works, but it really shouldn't. I hope that 19 can be a break from the norm. I feel like alot of this stuff happens to make the game challenging. You would think with the hardware we have now, that there are more strategic ways to make the game challenging. As opposed, to what seems to be cheap tactics.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #14
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

I agree, I don't mind the CPU control on a switch post-snap, but the CPU control at/before the snap (like encroachment or jumping offsides) shouldn't be in the game. I haven't played the M19 beta so I'm not sure if the new game will work the same way or not.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:58 PM   #15
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

Yea, I'm really hoping there are some fundamental changes to Madden 19, on a whole. We will find out in a couple of weeks. I can't wait!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2018, 07:25 AM   #16
Rookie

I think this is part of the “nano blitz detection” the game used to limit users playing MUT and other comp style games. Clearly made it into other play styles though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »