Home

Traditional CFM vs. use of Lamar "Vick" Jackson

This is a discussion on Traditional CFM vs. use of Lamar "Vick" Jackson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2018, 06:54 PM   #41
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Traditional CFM vs. use of Lamar "Vick" Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Trading Flacco is probably far less realistic than just benching him and cutting him after the season is done. He's due $28 million in 2020 and $24 million in 2021.

Which team would actually have a use for him with those cap hits?
Oh geez...yeah that's no trade then lol I didn't realize that's how much his contract was.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 06:58 PM   #42
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Lamar Jackson couldn't read defenses at the college level. He was not Deshaun Watson. He is a long way from playing in the NFL imo. Unless the Ravens have a couple simple rpo packages for him or Flacco gets hurt, I don't see him playing for a long time. He put up big numbers playing "the little sisters of the poor" but more often than not when he faced a tougher opponent with a defense that could confuse him, he threw picks. A lot of picks.He is a fantastic athlete and electrifying with the ball in his hands but you have to be able to pass from the pocket to consistently succeed in the NFL.

That being said i expect the Madden online community to be a Lamar Jackson love fest similar to what it was when Vick (who was 100x better QB than Jackson imo) was coming into the NFL.

I don't see EA's logic(prob. hype) Rating a Super Bowl winning QB and a rookie the same. I know Flacco has struggled recently but no way should their rating be the same.

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 07-10-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:27 PM   #43
Rookie

manEATgod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
Lamar Jackson couldn't read defenses at the college level. He was not Deshaun Watson. He is a long way from playing in the NFL imo. Unless the Ravens have a couple simple rpo packages for him or Flacco gets hurt, I don't see him playing for a long time. He put up big numbers playing "the little sisters of the poor" but more often than not when he faced a tougher opponent with a defense that could confuse him, he threw picks. A lot of picks.He is a fantastic athlete and electrifying with the ball in his hands but you have to be able to pass from the pocket to consistently succeed in the NFL.

That being said i expect the Madden online community to be a Lamar Jackson love fest similar to what it was when Vick (who was 100x better QB than Jackson imo) was coming into the NFL.

I don't see EA's logic(prob. hype) Rating a Super Bowl winning QB and a rookie the same. I know Flacco has struggled recently but no way should their rating be the same.
I disagree with this post, almost entirely. Lamar Jackson ran some concepts similar to what the Patriots do, and the system was Erdhart-Perkins like the Pats as well. I know this not just from watching but from reading breakdowns on him, especially from Patriot sites.

Due to the rise of the RPO, Lamar actually isn't "a long way" from playing unless you count one year as a long time. If something happen to both Flacco and RG3, Lamar is in perfect hands to hit the ground running with Greg Roman whipping stuff up for him in the lab.

He put up numbers playing some talented defenses as well. Lamar's main weakness is consistent accuracy due to shoddy mechanics and over reliance on physical abilities like his arm/wrist power, instead of a proper throwing motion. Reading defenses is not a major weakness of his, to me. In fact I see his vision as a plus and the fact that he uses his athleticism and elusive ability to move around and keep his eyes downfield reading it all to make a play with his arm, instead of taking off immediately, shows me he is confident and a natural at reading the field.

Vick himself said Lamar is far ahead of where he himself was as a passer, this is clearly based on QB vision and pocket presence.

As someone who has actually had the misfortune of watching Flacco the past few years, its insane to think Flacco should be rated better just because he won a SB a while ago. In fact I think its insane Flacco's throw under pressure is a 88, but that's another story. If anything Flacco should be lower until he proves the first half of last season was really an injury riddled and drop filled mess that he's put behind him.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #44
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Trading Flacco is probably far less realistic than just benching him and cutting him after the season is done. He's due $28 million in 2020 and $24 million in 2021.

Which team would actually have a use for him with those cap hits?

Wait, question. If Flacco was traded, the team receiving Flacco is only on the hook for the salaried portion of the contract aren’t they - with the originating team paying the cap penalty for the bonus? It’s been so long since I’ve played CFM, I can’t remember.

If that’s the case, a team could have nice discount for a decent bridge QB.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
Wait, question. If Flacco was traded, the team receiving Flacco is only on the hook for the salaried portion of the contract aren’t they - with the originating team paying the cap penalty for the bonus? It’s been so long since I’ve played CFM, I can’t remember.

If that’s the case, a team could have nice discount for a decent bridge QB.
Flacco's contract pays him almost $29 million in bonus money over the next four years. If they trade him 100% of that counts against their cap, and the Ravens only have $9 million or so in cap space. They'd have to clear $20 million in payroll just to trade him this year.

The Ravens would be better of cutting him this year (it would cost $4 million against their cap) than they would trading him, because no one is going to give up any assets that are worth eating $29 million in bonuses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 PM   #46
Banned

I always assumed cutting and trading had the same effect on the cap, bringing the entire remaining bonus due at once.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:18 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I always assumed cutting and trading had the same effect on the cap, bringing the entire remaining bonus due at once.
You're correct, that's my mistake. I still can't imagine what the Ravens would even be able to get in trade for him. The team trading for him would probably have to be interested in a one year rental only, as his base salary accelerates rapidly in the next 2-3 seasons.

Flacco was one of the worst QBs ITL last season, and looking over current rosters at overthecap.com I can't see a single team that doesn't currently have a better option already on the roster.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:43 AM   #48
Rookie

daze21's Arena

I used to be a scramble.outiade of the pocket unreleasitic guy but honestly since I've gotten better at the game I put up better numbers and fumble the ball way less since I started playing more relaistically in the pocket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »