Home

Madden 19 Blog - Top 5 QB Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Blog - Top 5 QB Ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5
Madden 19 Blog - Top 5 QB Ratings

1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

99 OVR

Let’s just face it, Tom Brady will always be good. Both Brady and Frank Gore will still deliver quality on-field production well into their 60s, so everyone should just get used to having them around. Brady’s arm has shown little age. While his deep ball isn’t as threatening as some other QBs, he’s unbeatable passing to short routes with a 99 Short Accuracy, and a best-in-game 97 Mid Accuracy.

2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

99 OVR

If there’s a question around finding one QB that can beat out Brady, ratings-wise, Aaron Rodgers is the answer. He can move a bit smoother than Brady, and Rodgers’ accuracy numbers are the best overall with a 98 Short, 94 Mid, and a game-best 88 Deep. This goes along with a 96 Play Action and 97 Throw on the Run, another game best. Rodgers’ versatility in the passing game makes him dangerous in Madden.

3. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

92 OVR

DangeRuss wins the awards for most versatile QB in Madden 19. Wilson carries an 86 Speed, 92 Agility, and a 96 Throw on the Run. His Accuracy scores — 93 Short, 87 Mid, 83 Deep — are also great considering his running ability. He is the only QB in the top five under the Scrambler Player Archetype and has a 91 Break Sack rating, the standard on this list. All of which makes Russ the most effective dual-threat QB in Madden 19.

4. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

91 OVR

Brees has long been among the NFL elite. For most of his Saints career, he’s had to be the focal point of the offense. He remains one of the league’s elite, but the team features an explosive run game now, so we’re heading into a season where Brees won’t have to throw it over 50 times a game in order to win. He won’t be breaking sacks anytime soon, but his 97 Throw Under Pressure rating tops all QBs. His Accuracy numbers come into the season with a 97 Short, 89 Mid, and 81 Deep.

5. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

89 OVR

The NFC South is loaded with talent at the QB position. Though not in the 90s, Ryan rounds out the top five as one of the preeminent signal callers in the game. Not as high in the ratings as Brees, Ryan is still very balanced in Accuracy, with 94 Short, 86 Mid, and 85 Deep. He’s not bad on the move, either, with an 89 Thrown on the Run. It doesn’t hurt to have one of the best WRs in game as a top target.

Honorable Mentions

While not terribly accurate beyond Mid range, the Carolina Panthers’ Cam Newton possesses 85 Speed, 97 Throw Power, and a best-in-game 98 Break Sack rating. Cam also sports smooth ball carrying moves and is the most mobile QB in Madden 19 in terms of ground attack.

For the Detroit Lions, Matthew Stafford remains a solid all-around pocket passer. His Accuracy scores (87 Short, 82 Mid, 81 Deep) paired with his outstanding 98 Throw Power allows him to be a reliable passer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 19 Blog - Top 5 QB Ratings

supposed to get ALL ratings today.......

cmon EA.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-09-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0

Rodgers can move around "a bit" better than Brady?

That's like saying Brady has won a few games..
Old 07-09-2018, 02:40 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

We'll find out for ourselves soon enough, but I'd like it if they would include the archetype that gives the player their best rating as a default part of the ratings reveal.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Matt Stafford is the most underrated QB in the sport. He's got as good an arm as there is, he's one of the best short passers in the game. I think with a reasonable running game behind him he's gonna jump into the mid-90s by the last third of the year.

Let me be clear, I think he's already there (If I had to rank NFL QBs, he'd be 3 or 4, right in the mix with Brees and Wilson), but Madden numbers are always low for elite players on bad teams. The Lions will be better with a solid running game and that's going to get his numbers up in the game.

I would add my guesses, but looking over the OP list all I can think is the only argument is the order of Brees and Wilson.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 07-09-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #6
Pro

I could see an argument to include Big Ben as a tie for 5th and would have Brees ahead of Wilson @ like 93.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
supposed to get ALL ratings today.......

cmon EA.
Did they say they were releasing all today? If so, missed that.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdsaba
Did they say they were releasing all today? If so, missed that.
Yes, the final date they scheduled was full roster ratings on July 9. That's the end of the playbooks, btw, as far as we know we get nothing until release now.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »