Home

CFM DLC..what if?

This is a discussion on CFM DLC..what if? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2018, 06:11 AM   #17
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: CFM DLC..what if?

They could add new coaches with DLC. They can do Legends and if allowed current NFL coordinators. Other things I could see people actually buying would be player celebrations, pretty much like an emote from Destiny. And anything that can make cosmetic changes to your stadium, locker room, coaches office, etc.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #18
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

This idea may seem ridiculous , but irrc they DID try this before in a previous Madden during the Ian Cummings years ( m 10 or 11? )
Certain packages were available to purchase from PS store which gave franchise boosts , not sure what they all were , probably ratings or progression boosts mainly , but I remember spending a few £/$ on injury healing and talk out of retirement packages

Pretty sure you could only buy each package once and the whole lot would have cost less than £20

I for one wouldn't mind these type of things being available,
Old 07-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Teenage or college me would’ve agreed with you.

Now, I don’t mind. Presentation packages, equipment, etc should be DLC. We aren’t talking about a significant amount of money considering the hours of gameplay.

Ignoring the troll prices above lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's how I see. Cost/Entertainment ratio. I spent like $10 getting all the NCAA 14 uniform packs...a paltry sum to have the most current uniforms in the game at the time. Little did I know it was the last NCAA...the hours of enjoyment I get from that is well over 1000 at this point, probably less than $0.10/hour of cost lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Remember Madden 10 and the "Madden Shop"? They had things like LB Scout, OL Scout, PK Scout, etc. Buying those allowed you to fully scout every player at that position. If you wanted to know everything about the LBs, buy LB Scout and you'll know everything. They even had an item called one more year in order to prevent retirements and keep guys. Point being they have had this in the past, but guessing it didn't do as well as they thought.
I don't remember that. I'm not big on the "pay your way" idea like LB scouts and such, but I'd likely pay the 99 cents or whatever to keep someone like Witten from retiring for another year.

My opinion: In all, DLC is fairly cheap unless you want BIG perks that kind of ruin the game. I like the little touches, but nothing that impacts HOW the game is played, personally. In NCAA uniform packs were like 99 cents or $1.99 or something so insignificant that I was happy to pay it. If I hadn't I would be annoyed at seeing outdated uniforms (at the time). If I didn't buy them, the game would still play the same.

If they allowed me to customize uniforms, talk a star our of retirement, or a few other small tidbits for $1-2, I'd be on board and maybe use a couple. I don't want perks like "$100 million as an owner for $5.99!" or "fully scout ALL draft entrees for $10!" or "All stadium upgrades for $19.99!" because that takes away from the actual challenge of the game.

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #20
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I could reasonably see two DLC options for Franchise mode:

1 - a scenario mode which provides an alternate mode of play for largely the same feature set. For example, a 1990s scenario would reset the league to the 1989-90 season where, among other things, you could redo the Herschel Walker trade, fulfill Jeff George's pre-draft potential, draft Brett Favre in the first round, and so on. In a more robust version of this DLC, the division alignments would match where they were in real life during the appropriate seasons, teams would automatically relocate as appropriate (notably, the LA Rams would move to St. Louis and come back), and expansion teams such as the Jaguars, Panthers, and Texans would also populate into the mode at the appropriate times - complete with expansion drafts. Basically, take the historic scenarios Out Of The Park Baseball provides for that game and apply them to Madden.
I would pay $100s and $100s to avoid having to do all this work myself. Which is pretty much the only reason I play Franchise mode in the first place. The exact scenarios you presented.

I agree it is very unlikely, but I think there are two reasons that make it possible, at least;

First - I don't know if all players are members of the 'retired' players association, but considering their fights against CTE, ALS, Alzheimers, ect, why not negotiate a deal with money going into a joint health care fund? Or everyone gets the same payout? Better than nothing.

Or - If they won't play ball, make it generic, like the old days. Madden 64 was a made up game. Just go with completely vanilla players. No possibility of a Jim Brown lawsuit. I'll edit the 2000 or names and attributes. Better than editing everything, and its impossible to re-create the 80s and 90s as you can't truly remove the 4 expansion teams.

… I'd absolutely love to see that. There is nothing I want more out of this game, and I'd pay through the nose to get it.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 07-10-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:37 PM   #21
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I'd love the retro franchise idea, but given the lawsuit EA had to deal with from former players, it won't happen anytime soon.

The only kind of franchise "DLC" I could see me buying would be them adding new relocation team options/uniforms. When NCAA 14 had the uniform store was in existence, I gobbled-up every single one of the uniform packs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 03:11 PM   #22
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

I'm pretty vehemently opposed to DLC in all its forms--from its outset, I think it's done nothing but allowed game developers to skimp on the single-player experience or intentionally leave things out of what would have traditionally been in the game in order to make a quick buck (e.g.: EA and BioWare's infamous "on disc" DLC).

That said, if some loon wants to pay his hard-earned money to fully scout every player, upgrade his team to all 99s, etc in offline franchise, more power to him. But the second it becomes like the 2k games where the only realistic way to upgrade your MyPlayer is through paid add-ons, I'll rebel.

I expect a full and complete experience for the $60+ I fork over for video games.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #23
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

i'm not for DLC but if they did a go fund me where they're looking for $500,000 to add a customization feature with all the trims and fixings(uniforms, logos, stadiums), i'd donate $5.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 6

I totally understand some people dont want DLC.
Im not a fan myself (who would be) but the rationale is simply about getting more out of CFM.
Headcoach was out best chance but it didnt work mainly because the madden engine was always one year behind

anyways

Lets think outside the box!

Why not new playbooks?

Enhanced Owners mode that doesnt detract from any CFM features?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »