Home

CFM DLC..what if?

This is a discussion on CFM DLC..what if? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-13-2018, 12:55 PM   #25
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: CFM DLC..what if?

but wait, they will still only have 8-10 months to dev it each year right?

So do we honestly believe the millions extra they might make from this type of thing will be even partially that much more noticeable amount of improvements to CFM each year? Honest question because they are still going to fall back on - short dev cycle , but will gladly take your extra money.

Just being a realist here. Not to mention , they might start you with a low price point, but once Suits see even higher profits, well then they want to go even higher than that and the price then creeps up.....

Just saying, in the words of Luke Skywalker from The Last Jedi ....
"This is not going to go they way you think".................

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #26
Rookie

cuppylove's Arena

OVR: 2

If they packaged up legends from MUT and sold them so the could be used in CFM, I'd be all over that. I'd buy a season pass of legends.

Not sure why they don't do this. Maybe they think people wouldn't buy a million packs in MUT to try to get them, since that's the only way to use those players? I wonder if that revenue loss would be offset by players like me who never play MUT, and certainly never spend a cent on it.

I'd also buy classic stadiums. Would love to put the Steelers back in Three Rivers.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:13 PM   #27
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

In short, I'd pay for anything from, up to include everything from NFL Head Coach 09 to be in my CFM. Give me those option and I'll gladly pony up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-14-2018, 10:55 PM   #28
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppylove
If they packaged up legends from MUT and sold them so the could be used in CFM, I'd be all over that. I'd buy a season pass of legends.

Not sure why they don't do this. Maybe they think people wouldn't buy a million packs in MUT to try to get them, since that's the only way to use those players? I wonder if that revenue loss would be offset by players like me who never play MUT, and certainly never spend a cent on it.

I'd also buy classic stadiums. Would love to put the Steelers back in Three Rivers.
I don't play MUT but this is also something I've thought about in terms of DLC that enhances Franchise. Imagine buying a MUT of Barry Sanders and getting a 20 year old version(age at the time of 1989 Draft) of Barry Sanders to take through a 10 year CFM with the Lions, or whoever. Even putting allowing us to put them in the draft classes, etc.

Classic stadiums could have great use in Play Now, MUT, and CFM. If EA(or NFL in this case) allowed us to edit and change the league schedule beyond Year 1, could have neutral site games at those stadiums in your CFM. use them as a relocation option when you move a team to a new city. Or for those retro players who want to move a current team back to an old stadium like your Steelers example. Many Franchise players would be on board with that kind of DLC that enhanced the mode in the way you described about legends and classic stadiums.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:45 PM   #29
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I don't play MUT but this is also something I've thought about in terms of DLC that enhances Franchise. Imagine buying a MUT of Barry Sanders and getting a 20 year old version(age at the time of 1989 Draft) of Barry Sanders to take through a 10 year CFM with the Lions, or whoever. Even putting allowing us to put them in the draft classes, etc.

Classic stadiums could have great use in Play Now, MUT, and CFM. If EA(or NFL in this case) allowed us to edit and change the league schedule beyond Year 1, could have neutral site games at those stadiums in your CFM. use them as a relocation option when you move a team to a new city. Or for those retro players who want to move a current team back to an old stadium like your Steelers example. Many Franchise players would be on board with that kind of DLC that enhanced the mode in the way you described about legends and classic stadiums.

Back in the day of Madden cards you could unlock legends. Such as Aikman. I think they came in somewhere between the age of 30-35 or so, so you got a few years out of them. Back then, those cards were just earned through your profile with wins and goals

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »