Home

Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them)

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #73
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Released (All of them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Homer Alert:

Jordan Howard being the 19th best RB is a shame.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
My Homer Alert (Steelers)-

I'll never understand why they continue to keep CB Cameron Sutton at a 69 Overall after how well he played last year.

And CB Mike Hilton's speed... but even more crazy is dropping Ryan Shazier's speed. The guy is crazy fast. I know he was almost paralyzed but jeez.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #74
Rookie

JKennedy87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelheat226
My Homer Alert (Steelers)-

I'll never understand why they continue to keep CB Cameron Sutton at a 69 Overall after how well he played last year.

And CB Mike Hilton's speed... but even more crazy is dropping Ryan Shazier's speed. The guy is crazy fast. I know he was almost paralyzed but jeez.
Hate to be "that guy" but pretty sure Shazier won't be moving fast anytime soon.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:30 AM   #75
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by manEATgod
Justin Tucker is the best kicker in the league and I don't think its close or arguable.

Ravens fan tho...
I bit my tongue earlier when I saw him mention anyone other than Tucker being the best kicker in the league...I hate the Ravens but Tucker is definitely in my opinion the best kicker in the league. So no, you're not biased lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #76
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKennedy87
Hate to be "that guy" but pretty sure Shazier won't be moving fast anytime soon.
Yeah I made sure to note that... but still. He should atleast in my opinion be left where he was only with the IR logo next to his name. If that's the case they should lower his strength & all that too. He won't play for a year at the minimum(if at all) so hey mind as well lower his awareness since he'll be rusty.

Last edited by steelheat226; 07-11-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't understand why ratings are so limited and close together. Makes no sense to me at all. I also hate the whole "overall means nothing" arguments. For anyone who plays offline CFM overall means everything to the cpu. It may not mean as much on the field, but it is the driving force behind every roster move the AI will make so it matters a lot.

At least with having editable draft classes now it is much more feasible to edit the rosters before I start a CFM so I can get what I desire as I'll have the ability to make the draft classes match my roster. Hopefully a roster editing tool is created rather quickly for PC users.

― Plato
Old 07-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #78
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I don't understand why ratings are so limited and close together. Makes no sense to me at all. I also hate the whole "overall means nothing" arguments. For anyone who plays offline CFM overall means everything to the cpu. It may not mean as much on the field, but it is the driving force behind every roster move the AI will make so it matters a lot.

At least with having editable draft classes now it is much more feasible to edit the rosters before I start a CFM so I can get what I desire as I'll have the ability to make the draft classes match my roster. Hopefully a roster editing tool is created rather quickly for PC users.
This.

The entire "OVR means nothing" argument is completely negated when the AI decides to sign Blake Bortles, an 81 overall, to a five year deal, opting to start him over their newly drafted stud 79 OVR QB with Superstar dev. They go 5-11 for three seasons, QB falls into FA, Bortles resigned.

This isn't necessarily an issue with other games either, I've watched The Show AI accurately identify prospects and have made trade moves so that player is no longer position blocked. I've also seen 2K AI favor young players over vets through rebuilds. Madden just doesn't do it...

Last edited by saintrules; 07-11-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:25 AM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Agree with this, my whole point, overall doesn't do anything on the field, franchise mode, you bet it affects a lot. I just feel a lot of people feel it's a comparative analysis on the field, why is my guy only such and such, while rivals teams is higher/lower.

I am sure the OVR's will change throughout the season and I am sure there are some good roster makers out there.

Last edited by roadman; 07-11-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them)

I’m having trouble wrapping my head around “overall doesn’t mean anything” argument also. I’ll use Jordan Howard as an example because that his overall is the one I question the most out of the ones I’ve noticed. If EA is giving him the 19th best overall for Runningbacks how is this not saying as far as straight up ratings go he’s the 19th best in the league?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »