Home

Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them)

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2018, 09:00 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
I'll let their threads on the ratings speak for themselves. It's a nightmare over there when it comes to civil discussion.
Define civil lol I have my thoughts on when someone says civil and what it equates to but I’ll just mind my business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2018, 09:05 PM   #122
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
They pick and choose who to use it for. Look at the conversations on twitter. One second Kane is referencing PFF and the next second when someone questioning him references PFF he all of a sudden also uses tape or feelings to adjust players.

If you're going to use data, be consistent with it. Don't pick and choose who you use it for. I'd like to know what data said Guice is an 89 speed and what data said Tom Brady has a 96 out of 99 arm when it comes to power.
Stars do get the benefit of a fudge factor with some ratings, but that is the case with every sports game. Unless the numerical OVR goes away I don't expect this to ever change.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:34 PM   #123
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If I had to ask one question, it would be what made you give Tom Brady such a strong arm?

― Plato
Old 07-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #124
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I'll let their threads on the ratings speak for themselves. It's a nightmare over there when it comes to civil discussion.
I think your doing a great job sir with the equipment & ratings.

Playing:
Old 07-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #125
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
They pick and choose who to use it for. Look at the conversations on twitter. One second Kane is referencing PFF and the next second when someone questioning him references PFF he all of a sudden also uses tape or feelings to adjust players.

If you're going to use data, be consistent with it. Don't pick and choose who you use it for. I'd like to know what data said Guice is an 89 speed and what data said Tom Brady has a 96 out of 99 arm when it comes to power.

Or perhaps he could've said I don't follow statistical data blindly but apply context and other information sources would that make it sound better ?
Because tbh there is no metric or data that can be blindly adhered to without context , Madden ratings especially
40 times do not equate directly to speed , even for rookies let alone somebody 5 years into a nfl career etc
Madden ratings are a strange beast that try to reflect the present , whilst also paying due respect to the past and to some extent even predicting the the future , no reference site can directly correspond

Last edited by briz1046; 07-12-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2018, 10:36 PM   #126
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Or perhaps he could've said I don't follow statistical data blindly but apply context and other information sources would that make it sound better ?
Because tbh there is no metric or data that can be blindly adhered to without context , Madden ratings especially
40 times do not equate directly to speed , even for rookies let alone somebody 5 years into a nfl career etc
Madden ratings are a strange beast that try to reflect the present , whilst also paying due respect to the past and reflecting the future , no reference site can directly correspond

I think you are missing the point. I am not saying 40 times are the end all for determining speed. I've never alluded to that. My issue is the inconsistencies and the inflation to get certain players to certain overalls.

I'll go back to Tom Brady. Why is his arm strength rated a 96? Why does arm strength only go as low as 79? Why not use more of the scale and accurately. Anyone who has watched Tom Brady over the last 3 years knows that arm isn't anywhere close to a 96 out of 99 when judging its strength.

We still have Gronk rated like he is in his prime. He's an 83 run blocker while Charles Clay is a 63? Huh?? Sean Lee has an 83 injury rating? The guy can't breathe without missing a few games as a result. Sean Lee is also up points this year at a 96 overall. Ryan Kerrigan, a guy in JJ Watt and Von Miller territory, is an 87.

There is way too much inconsistency with the ratings and I honestly think it boils down to having one man do the work(I guess he got some help from a former player this year). He's in over his head and it clearly shows in the ratings.

― Plato
Old 07-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
I can probably answer some things in shortened form based on the most common questions.
Obviously many gamers will want to edit rosters and monkey around with the Draft Class Editor.
Is there anything we can do as a community of editors, to help push the idea to to whomever that can make it possible, to allow for a more User Friendly “Global Editing” functionality being added to the editing mechanism?

It’s hell editing 2800+ players from the main menu, then tackling each 400+ Draft Class, 1 player at a time. lol

Example:
*this pic is not meant to throw 2k in your face, but to give a visual example of what’s being asked for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 276180B0-8DD5-4B12-8A29-8CA36A43D2E3.jpg (574.0 KB, 104 views)
Old 07-12-2018, 10:45 PM   #128
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

I haven't looked over all the ratings to figure everything out, but they should find a way to incorporate PFF outright, into the game. PFF would dish out the ratings based on their far more in depth analysis of every player, and would have their logos and such in the game. Similar to how Sparq was used in NCAA 14.

Not sure how much PFF would want in terms of contract for this, but it would also be a huge platform for them to advertise their services on. Perhaps even having stuff linked into the game for people to buy PFF subscriptions and see their real NFL player ratings week by week in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »