Home

Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them)

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #145
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcsch
Yeah, I understand that too, but look at his ratings. His speed, agility, footwork, all seem to be the same as they were, or close, before his injury. The whole injury thing is just an excuse.
So? If they think Wentz will fall off, then they should rate him as so.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2018, 08:58 PM   #146
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think you are missing the point. I am not saying 40 times are the end all for determining speed. I've never alluded to that. My issue is the inconsistencies and the inflation to get certain players to certain overalls.

I'll go back to Tom Brady. Why is his arm strength rated a 96? Why does arm strength only go as low as 79? Why not use more of the scale and accurately. Anyone who has watched Tom Brady over the last 3 years knows that arm isn't anywhere close to a 96 out of 99 when judging its strength.

We still have Gronk rated like he is in his prime. He's an 83 run blocker while Charles Clay is a 63? Huh?? Sean Lee has an 83 injury rating? The guy can't breathe without missing a few games as a result. Sean Lee is also up points this year at a 96 overall. Ryan Kerrigan, a guy in JJ Watt and Von Miller territory, is an 87.

There is way too much inconsistency with the ratings and I honestly think it boils down to having one man do the work(I guess he got some help from a former player this year). He's in over his head and it clearly shows in the ratings.
Gronk dominated the super bowl hard to say he doesn't still have it.

Clay and O'Leary could be re-evaluated in blocking. Not a ton out there rating te blocking very well.

Sean Lee has only missed 6 games in the last 3 seasons. Most of them being from the reoccurring hamstring this past season. Overalls have all been redone this year for the player types, his physical ratings are not spectacular by any means.

Ryan Kerrigan could be looked at again, what particular ratings are too low?

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-13-2018, 09:02 PM   #147

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
Twitter is a different animal altogether. Can you imagine the amount of unwarranted hate some of these developers get? It's just a game and yet I have heard of some dev's receiving death threats. Kane probably has to deal with some extreme opinions. The best way to stay sane in that type of situation is to use some sarcasm. But fans are what fan is short for and that's fanatical and irrational.
Last year in particular had a lot of really mean stuff and I was stupid and reacted to them even though I had my own personal things going on with the passing of my father and passed on some of those feelings in my responses which wasn't warranted. I've worked on myself over the past year to ensure my dealings with the public is handled well, but don't say horrible things to me on social media and not expect a block/mute.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:04 PM   #148

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
What type of video specifically needs to be submitted to change any rating attribute. How many videos. What kind of circumstances. Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just an example video for whatever rating they want upped. 49ers writer sent me some great stuff for Tartt's press coverage and I upped it

Old 07-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #149

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
I think the bigger reason had to do with a small sample size of Wentz playing at that level. If he plays like that again this year I am sure he will get a big bump in the ratings. As it is, everything else about him looks really good.
This would be correct, if he comes back to form he is VERY likely to get quick ratings boosts up the ladder. Also the Throw Under Pressure rating chart was posted to my Twitter earlier today.

Old 07-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #150
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Yeah, I understand that too, but look at his ratings. His speed, agility, footwork, all seem to be the same as they were, or close, before his injury. The whole injury thing is just an excuse.
Quote:
I think the bigger reason had to do with a small sample size of Wentz playing at that level. If he plays like that again this year I am sure he will get a big bump in the ratings. As it is, everything else about him looks really good.

I agree with Sphinx here. Wentz is young, had a serious injury, and probably needs to prove it a little longer before being rated in the top 3 to 5. For a similar case, see Deshaun Watson. I could make the same argument for him being rated as a top QB, but he has the same issues working against him.

At the end of the day, we can all pick out two or three guys from our favorite team, and argue that they should be higher. But it's really a not a big deal, imo, because we can edit ratings anyway.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:52 PM   #151
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
So? If they think Wentz will fall off, then they should rate him as so.
This is dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
I agree with Sphinx here. Wentz is young, had a serious injury, and probably needs to prove it a little longer before being rated in the top 3 to 5. For a similar case, see Deshaun Watson. I could make the same argument for him being rated as a top QB, but he has the same issues working against him.

At the end of the day, we can all pick out two or three guys from our favorite team, and argue that they should be higher. But it's really a not a big deal, imo, because we can edit ratings anyway.
I can agree with this. I agree with his sample size being low, I'd at least like to see him be a bit higher. You do have points, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #152
MVP

Red face Re: Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings Revealed (All of them)

Quote:
I'd honestly just take it as an indication that EA has concerns about his ability and/or injury history. He's had a good, but not great rookie campaign, followed up by a very strong second season.

Despite the strong second season there's a couple red flags for me in his statistical profile. He only completed 60.4% of his passes, and for a low completion percentage QB his YPA were also pretty low at 7.5.

His TD to INT ratio also made a very dramatic improvement over his rookie year, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he regresses here somewhat. Regression to the mean is a real phenomenon in the NFL for everyone who isn't New England. Defenses will also have a year to catch up to the wrinkles that Pederson threw at them this season.

We've got 3 first ballot HOFers still playing at a high level (Brees, Manning, Brady). There's also two more guys who would've been first ballot in any other era, but may end up on the outside looking in (Big Ben, Rivers).

Wilson is basically a superior version of Wentz in almost all respects (flame away). He's also proven he can do it over multiple seasons with a mediocre supporting cast. Jimmy G is a rising star and he'll get a full off season which should help.

TL;DR I'm not ready to crown the guy, or anyone else, after just two seasons. I've seen way to many flashes in the pan over the years. It's not inconceivable to me that his production next season declines slightly and leaves him in the 5-10 range of top performers in the league.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »