Home

Traditional CFM vs. use of Lamar "Vick" Jackson

This is a discussion on Traditional CFM vs. use of Lamar "Vick" Jackson within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #1
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

OVR: 0
Traditional CFM vs. use of Lamar "Vick" Jackson

CFM Community,

This July is no different than any past July. Everyday I flip back and forth between which team to be in this year's Madden. Each year is different depending on my interests. A couple years back I helped resurrect the Browns to be annual playoff contenders. Two years ago I spent 7 seasons with the Eagles due to my ties to FCS football. Lastly, I always consider my home town favorite Atlanta Falcons.

This year's hype around Lamar Jackson is crazy. I agree, that based on the ratings released he is one of the most dynamic, stock Madden players since Michael Vick. So along with the Falcons, 49ers, Jets, and Browns, I have been considering the Ravens. I always try to keep my franchise modes more realistic than not (when possible), and my concern is that being the Ravens and putting Lamar Jackson in is not realistic and might make several seasons with them just feel...wrong (sim-style CFM players know what I mean)

So I have come here to ask, how realistic is it that Joe Flacco gets the boot and Lamar Jackson plays? And...how unbelievably fun will Lamar Jackson really be this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #2
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Re: Traditional CFM vs. use of Lamar "Vick" Jackson

As a Ravens fan I don't think we'll see Jackson much in the regular season barring a serious injury to Joe or if he really stinks up the joint. My plan for Madden will be more of the same, I may have packages for him but he won't be an every down QB till probably the next season.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 07-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

Is the plan really to have him be an every down guy next year? Didn't Joe just sign a 3 year extension for gobs of money?
Old 07-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #4
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

I don't know if that's the plan or not, but I don't see Jackson getting a good amount of playing time for the next few years haha! And again barring some crazy injury or something which I HOPE doesn't happen!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 07-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Honestly, I think he is more valuable for those people who do not play "sim" and scramble outside the pocket on every single passing play.

For more "sim" guys, his passer ratings are not great (though they are still inflated - as per EAs norm across the board) and if the gameplay is balanced properly, he's a project QB (like in real life). If I were running a CFM with Baltimore, I would start Flacco year 1 and then trade him (like Alex Smith's situation after KC drafted Mahomes last year).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Honestly, I think he is more valuable for those people who do not play "sim" and scramble outside the pocket on every single passing play.

For more "sim" guys, his passer ratings are not great (though they are still inflated - as per EAs norm across the board) and if the gameplay is balanced properly, he's a project QB (like in real life). If I were running a CFM with Baltimore, I would start Flacco year 1 and then trade him (like Alex Smith's situation after KC drafted Mahomes last year).
Yeah, playing with him on the Ravens would make me feel more inclined to play less sim style ball and more arcade style. When Vick was the best Madden weapon ever I didn't care too much about sim stats, but just loved running all over the place. Now I try to keep things more realistic and enjoy the story lines that unfold.

I guess I will be looking towards the Falcons or one of the other teams I mentioned above. Still an exciting year for CFM, but difficult to make the choice.
Old 07-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I expect 99.9 percent of the people who use the Ravens to install Jackson as their QB from day one. It is what it is. My hope is that the gameplay mechanics/AI are improved enough so that there is actually a downside to doing so.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't think starting a first rounder is unrealistic at all, and by sitting him you're doing yourself a disservice based on the way progression works

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »