Home

Workbook w/ Combine Data from '00-Present + More

This is a discussion on Workbook w/ Combine Data from '00-Present + More within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Workbook w/ Combine Data from '00-Present + More

As the title suggests, I have put together a workbook in excel with all NFL Combine data from 2000 to present day thanks to Sports Reference. Inside the workbook I have put together 3 example tables with ratings scales for Speed, Strength, and Jump that are used to output ratings for each player in the data set granted they participated in the 40, Bench Press, or Vertical Test. The tables can be altered to your own ratings scale to get the ratings to output what you'd prefer. Also, the tables can be built upon to where you can enter your own formulas to have it create ratings for other attributes you choose on the fly.

For example, you could take the 3 Cone drill data and create a table for the data that is a ratings scale, then create another column for the players that has the formula inside it to output acceleration ratings for every player on the fly. This may be a tool that helps many roster makers/editors here, even draft class creators, set up base ratings that they can tweak afterwards, all in all speeding up the process tenfold.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dzt...ew?usp=sharing

Also, I apologize if this is better fit for the Rosters sub-forum.

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-11-2018 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Some tables lacked all of the players, all are fixed now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Workbook w/ Combine Data from '00-Present + More

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
As the title suggests, I have put together a workbook in excel with all NFL Combine data from 2000 to present day thanks to Sports Reference. Inside the workbook I have put together 3 example tables with ratings scales for Speed, Strength, and Jump that are used to output ratings for each player in the data set granted they participated in the 40, Bench Press, or Vertical Test. The tables can be altered to your own ratings scale to get the ratings to output what you'd prefer. Also, the tables can be built upon to where you can enter your own formulas to have it create ratings for other attributes you choose on the fly.

For example, you could take the 3 Cone drill data and create a table for the data that is a ratings scale, then create another column for the players that has the formula inside it to output acceleration ratings for every player on the fly. This may be a tool that helps many roster makers/editors here, even draft class creators, set up base ratings that they can tweak afterwards, all in all speeding up the process tenfold.

This is a great reference source for classic rosters. I used these from PFR before and it’s nice to have them all in order, ready to go. Thanks.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21

Thank you for beating me to it. This is going to supplement the madden roster workbooks well when creating draft classes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 07-12-2018, 10:03 AM   #4
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Great work!
Old 07-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #5
MVP

underdog13's Arena

What is the 3 cone drill again? Thought that measured agilty.

What's the drill where you go 5 yards to your right then 10 to your left and back 5 to your right? I was always good at that one in H.S had like a 4.2 in that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
Rookie

PlaybookKing's Arena

Thumbs up Re: Workbook w/ Combine Data from '00-Present + More

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
What is the 3 cone drill again? Thought that measured agilty.

What's the drill where you go 5 yards to your right then 10 to your left and back 5 to your right? I was always good at that one in H.S had like a 4.2 in that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Shuttle Run
Old 07-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #7
Rookie

This is nice, and very useful! For some reason everyone's height came up as a date for me. Like 6'1 would show up as June 1st. Weird. I fixed it, sort of. Other than that, this is awesome!
Old 07-20-2018, 08:49 PM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Posting so I can find this again.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »