Home

What rating are you most annoyed at?

This is a discussion on What rating are you most annoyed at? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:07 PM   #73
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Velocity is important, but not as important as several other factors. It gets overvalued because it's impressive. You can't really perceive a quick release vs. an average one unless you slow it down, you can't measure short area mobility, accuracy is hard to quantify. Arm strength is clear and obvious to an observer, so it pops.

My personal opinion is the most important factors, in no particular order, are the ability to adjust the platform (side step, shoulder duck, etc.) quickly without losing accuracy, throw off platform, process information quickly, and release quickly. Go watch the highlights of the 49ers win over the Jaguars, watch Telvin Smith and just how frustrated he gets with Garoppolo's release. He gets great jumps all day, but the ball gets out so quickly he can't get too it and he just gets angry as hell. That's the main reason I think Garoppolo will be an elite QB (also his ability to throw off-platform and the rush doesn't phase him).

Great velocity does two things; it enhances a quick release and it handles weather better. The second part is really more about spin rate, but velocity and spin rate usually correlate. What is a problem is lack of velocity. There's a minimum velocity necessary to play at that level, which is why guys who are fantastic otherwise don't make it (Danny Wuerffel is a good example... he was NFL quality everywhere but arm strength, and it killed his career).
I do agree with this entire post. I actually really like this post. It’s funny because I’ve been telling all my friends who will listen to me that Garoppolo is going to be really good. I really like his release too. And just last night was using Wuerffel as an example to my fiancé about great College QBs who arm strength hurts them in the NFL. Weather she’s actually paying attention to me is another question though.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #74
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

I’ll leave these here for you. ��

Old 07-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0

And in the end, Pat Mahomes has a stronger arm Allen.

Just sayin'.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 09:44 PM   #76
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
And in the end, Pat Mahomes has a stronger arm Allen.

Just sayin'.

I watched Mahomes 1 start 3 times through. I really wasn't impressed with him. I know he's a rookie, but I didn't see much of anything that made me go, "Oh, that's why they let Alex go."

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

Marino is probably the true GOAT. The production he was able to put up, considering the rules in place in his era, is astounding.

All the current greats have gotten to play a decent chunk of their carriers in the "defenseless receiver" era. Marino was never given the benefit of those cheap and easy completions.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:49 PM   #78
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
I’ll leave these here for you. ��

Innat Special? :P
Attached Images
File Type: png 1200px-Super_Bowl_XIX_Logo.png (68.9 KB, 57 views)

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 07-16-2018 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:53 PM   #79
49ers

adembroski's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Marino is probably the true GOAT. The production he was able to put up, considering the rules in place in his era, is astounding.

All the current greats have gotten to play a decent chunk of their carriers in the "defenseless receiver" era. Marino was never given the benefit of those cheap and easy completions.
You misspelled Montana.

-Mark Twain.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Arod, 100 accuracy, so, there, lol.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...69463415222274

Accuracy > THP lol
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »