Home

What rating are you most annoyed at?

This is a discussion on What rating are you most annoyed at? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 12:29 AM   #81
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
The point is when the Saints suck, Brees doesn't win. Brady has won no matter who his teammates are. Again, if we were talking 2 Superbowls and 3 Conference titles vs. 1 Superbowl and 2 Conference titles, there'd be an argument to be had. We're talking 5 and 8 to 1 and 1.

Basically, I've seen little to no evidence that Brees makes his team greater than the sum of their parts, only that his numbers stay high. It's a little like Steve Young vs. Joe Montana. Young was statistically as good or better across the board, but do you believe for a moment Young could have won a Superbowl with that '81 team? I would argue the '81 49ers had less talent than any 49ers team Young played on, and the '84 team was probably worse than most of them. '93 and '97 were arguably more talented teams than anything Montana ever had, and '94 was definitely the best team the 49ers ever had.

I've seen Brees consistently keep his own numbers up, but he doesn't elevate the team the way Brady does. Brady wins with the '81 'Niners, Brees does not. And saying Brees is like Steve Young isn't an insult, any more than saying Steve Young wasn't Joe Montana.
Brady is the product of the system. Belichick is more important to that team than Brady.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 12:49 AM   #82
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Arod, 100 accuracy, so, there, lol.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...69463415222274

Accuracy > THP lol
I think the NFL is still reviewing to see of that's a catch or not, lol.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:06 AM   #83
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
You misspelled Montana.
I’d take Montana over Brady. But man they’re both so good. To me Brady’s game, at last now looks a lot like Montana’s.

Obviously I’m a Marino fan. And I think he’s the GOAT passer. But he was probably to emotional on the field. See Montana and Marino we’re just two different tyoes of QBs. A gunslinger and a guy who takes what the other team gives ya. I saw Marino, talking about throwing five ints in a game say “once you throw three what’s two more going to hurt?”

It’s also funny because I feel they both fit the tens they were on. Montana could afford to play his style. And Marino had to play the way he did to will those teams to victory. But that fit his style.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:38 AM   #84
MVP

OVR: 1

i prefer Montana over Brady, against that the catch rules were easier in Montana's day iirc however receivers and qbs would be splatted with little rules protection, and there wasn't the 5 yard rule? Montana in my mind is the GOAT, Brady is the best of his generation.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:27 AM   #85
MVP

Quote:
You misspelled Montana.
He's not even the best 49er QB OAT. Steven Young's peak was good enough I'd give him the nod over Joe Cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 11:24 AM   #86
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Brady is the product of the system. Belichick is more important to that team than Brady.

I halfway agree with this statement. Jimmy G and Brissett undoubtedly proved Coach B's system could make most QB's look like a stud, but that shouldn't take away from the absolute clutch/GOAT gene Brady has.

He is overrated in this game, but I cringe when I see the "it's not Brady it's Belichick" argument.

A legendary coach can make a QB great, a legendary coach doesn't make a QB legendary...
Old 07-17-2018, 12:14 PM   #87
10/22/21

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
He's not even the best 49er QB OAT. Steven Young's peak was good enough I'd give him the nod over Joe Cool.
People can bring up the rings plus every stat and metric to show otherwise and I will never argue against them, but I'll take Young too.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:15 PM   #88
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12

Brady is accepted as the GOAT by literally everybody on the planet, including and especially you. I know it hurts your feelings deeply to think about, but it's a fact.

Rodgers is a massive choke artist who will never win more than 1 SB for your franchise. Also a fact.

Last edited by TB5XSBW; 07-17-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »