Home

What rating are you most annoyed at?

This is a discussion on What rating are you most annoyed at? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #105
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Our survey said;

Ehh........................., but thanks for participating and playing.

Edit- Over all those games, the defense gave up an avg of 21 ppg.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...layer=RodgAa00

Last edited by roadman; 07-17-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #106
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Our survey said;

Ehh........................., but thanks for participating and playing.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...layer=RodgAa00
LOL! Over half of them against Detroit or Chicago.

I asked how many memorable 4th quarter performances does he have? No one remembers some random regular season game against the dregs of the league. A memorable 4th quarter performance, for example, would be passing for over 200 yards and bringing your team all the way back from what was at one point a 28-3 deficit in the SB, or shredding the best secondary in the league in the conference championship game.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #107
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
Name some memorable 4th quarter performances from him. I guarantee you that you can't come up with anything other than literally only two passes in two games.
LMAO

His first playoff game.. trailed 24-7 with the D on the ropes. Got to the Packers to OT. The D gave up 531 yards that day.

His only Super Bowl. The Pack led 21-7. The D nearly blew it. Rodgers had to close the Steelers out.

19-7 against Seattle with <4:00 to go in the NFCC Game.. D incomprehensibly blew the lead.. Rodgers had to get 3 just to get to OT..

Hail Mary at to force OT in Arizona... for the D to give up a td 2 plays later.

The Packers have lost 4 playoff games in the Rodgers era on the final play of the game.

He's not the one losing these games.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:32 PM   #108
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Ya'll can argue left and right over Brady's REAL LIFE legacy, but it is 100% completely irrelevant to Madden 19....

What IS relevant for Madden is that his THP is inflated at 96. Drop that down to about 91-92 or so (which is MORE than adequate on Madden and mid-tier for most starting QBs) and go with whatever overall that generates for him. He doesn't have a "wet noodle" arm but a 96 is essentially a prime Favre kind of rating - it makes no sense. I think the rest of his ratings are reasonable relative to how other QBs were rated.

He's an intelligent, accurate QB with an average arm and limited mobility. I'm thinking that a more reasonable THP rating would still likely allow him to achieve a 98/99 overall in franchise mode with the field general archetype (which is EXACTLY what Brady is). BUT the current THP rating would essentially allow him to also be perfect for the Strong Arm archetype...and THAT doesn't make much sense.

(Just trying to get things back on-track here....)
Old 07-17-2018, 05:39 PM   #109
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Everyone trashing Brady is cooked he is the GOAT for a reason but Rodgers is damn great too one being great doesn't mean the other isn't. Wins and stats are both team stats bc in football you depend on your teammates much more than other sports like baseball, etc. I say we agree they're 1/2 in whatever order you like and leave the annoying convos on facebook and twitter.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 07-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #110
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
I do agree with this entire post. I actually really like this post. It’s funny because I’ve been telling all my friends who will listen to me that Garoppolo is going to be really good. I really like his release too. And just last night was using Wuerffel as an example to my fiancé about great College QBs who arm strength hurts them in the NFL. Weather she’s actually paying attention to me is another question though.
Jimmy G is a stud. Definitely wish things like release were accurately represented in Madden, although its definitely not near the top of the list of pressing issues.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 07-17-2018, 05:43 PM   #111
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Everyone trashing Brady is cooked he is the GOAT for a reason but Rodgers is damn great too one being great doesn't mean the other isn't. Wins and stats are both team stats bc in football you depend on your teammates much more than other sports like baseball, etc. I say we agree they're 1/2 in whatever order you like and leave the annoying convos on facebook and twitter.
Ah, I can agree with a reasonable Pats fan, well said.(didn't trash Brady, but other Pats fan loves to trash Arod and I noticed he is still continuing even with a couple of well heeded suggestions to stop. Same stuff happens in the other threads he's involved with.)

Last edited by roadman; 07-17-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 05:44 PM   #112
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
LMAO

His first playoff game.. trailed 24-7 with the D on the ropes. Got to the Packers to OT. The D gave up 531 yards that day.

His only Super Bowl. The Pack led 21-7. The D nearly blew it. Rodgers had to close the Steelers out.

19-7 against Seattle with <4:00 to go in the NFCC Game.. D incomprehensibly blew the lead.. Rodgers had to get 3 just to get to OT..

Hail Mary at to force OT in Arizona... for the D to give up a td 2 plays later.

The Packers have lost 4 playoff games in the Rodgers era on the final play of the game.

He's not the one losing these games.
LMFAO

He had two turnovers that game vs Arizona, including the game sealing fumble. Choke.

He had a lead going into the 4th in that SB and had tremendous field position after a great play by his defense and a forced fumble on that TD drive. He did literally nothing of note in the 4th quarter outside of that.

He was atrocious against Seattle in that NFCCG, especially down the stretch. 2 weeks later, Brady shredded that same defense for his 4th SB and 3rd SB MVP.

Yes, that Hail Mary was one of the two passes I was referring to. If only he could chuck it up for a Hail mary on every play in the 4th quarter, then perhaps he could have a greater reputation in clutch situations.

Last edited by TB5XSBW; 07-17-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »