Home

What rating are you most annoyed at?

This is a discussion on What rating are you most annoyed at? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #113
MVP
 
SilverBullet19's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
Yes, he chokes massively in key situations in big games. Choking doesn't prevent one from padding his stats against poor teams or in garbage time. Peyton Manning was the master of this, too.

Comparing playoff QB rating, or any other postseason stat between the two, is absurd. Rodgers gets to play on wildcard weekend almost every year, against some of the worst teams in the league, meanwhile Brady is always in the AFCCG and SB against the top teams. He still wins those games, and has a ridiculous record against top ranked defenses in the postseason - something like 5-1 or 6-1. He has a ton of GWD in big games as well, and holds all of the postseason cumulative and single game records. There's no comparison when it comes to each guy's clutchness.

Correct.
No real dog in this fight, personally...but these parts in bold cannot be overlooked lol. You cannot claim a playoff team is "some of the worst teams in the league." Sure, they're wildcard, but the playoffs are only 12 teams. Technically speaking, There's 20 teams that are worse than those wildcard teams. It's not like he is taking on the 0-16 Browns. By the way, Brady and the Patriots first playoff game in 2017 was a wildcard team that won (Tennessee). So, if that is the logic were using, Brady beat "one of the worst teams in the league."

Yeah, Brady has most postseason records. He's also played in the most postseason games...37. The next closest is Peyton Manning with 27. When you have that many more games than everyone else, you're gonna have records.

In my own personal opinion, both quarterbacks are great, both are clutch. Brady has an advantage via Belichick, who, although I despise, is an insanely good coach. I've never seen another franchise be able to do "plug and play" if you will with so many athletes.
__________________
Check out my dynasty:
http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...oma-state.html

Major Boise State fan
SilverBullet19 is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #114
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
No real dog in this fight, personally...but these parts in bold cannot be overlooked lol. You cannot claim a playoff team is "some of the worst teams in the league." Sure, they're wildcard, but the playoffs are only 12 teams. Technically speaking, There's 20 teams that are worse than those wildcard teams. It's not like he is taking on the 0-16 Browns. By the way, Brady and the Patriots first playoff game in 2017 was a wildcard team that won (Tennessee). So, if that is the logic were using, Brady beat "one of the worst teams in the league."

Yeah, Brady has most postseason records. He's also played in the most postseason games...37. The next closest is Peyton Manning with 27. When you have that many more games than everyone else, you're gonna have records.

In my own personal opinion, both quarterbacks are great, both are clutch. Brady has an advantage via Belichick, who, although I despise, is an insanely good coach. I've never seen another franchise be able to do "plug and play" if you will with so many athletes.
Wildcard teams are some of the worst teams in the league. The vast majority of them are barely any better than teams that missed the playoffs, and sometimes they're worse. That's just the way it is.

Brady holds most of the single game postseason records too, not just the cumulative ones.
TB5XSBW is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 05:17 PM   #115
MVP
 
Madden08PCgmr's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Green Dragon, Hobbiton
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
LMFAO

He had two turnovers that game vs Arizona, including the game sealing fumble. Choke.

He had a lead going into the 4th in that SB and had tremendous field position after a great play by his defense and a forced fumble on that TD drive. He did literally nothing of note in the 4th quarter outside of that.

He was atrocious against Seattle in that NFCCG, especially down the stretch. 2 weeks later, Brady shredded that same defense for his 4th SB and 3rd SB MVP.

Yes, that Hail Mary was one of the two passes I was referring to. If only he could chuck it up for a Hail mary on every play in the 4th quarter, then perhaps he could have a greater reputation in clutch situations.

PFFFFFTT.. yeah, a jailbreak strip sack is a flat choke job.. after putting up 35 2nd half points.. that sounds kinda familiar, doesn't it (28-3)

Nothing in the 4th Q of the Super Bowl... except for the deciding points... and running the clock out.. otherwise, the Packers assuredly lose that game.

Atrocious against Seattle... except for a double digit 4th Q lead. Who loses a game with a double digit lead in an NFCC Game? Name a SINGLE team to do so.. other than the Packers?

But, hey, like I said, believe what you want.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 07-17-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Madden08PCgmr is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 05:25 PM   #116
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Nothing in the 4th Q of the Super Bowl... except for the deciding points... and running the clock out.. otherwise, the Packers lose.

Atrocious against Seattle... except a double digit 4th Q lead. Who loses a game with a double digit lead in an NFCC Game? Name a SINGLE team to do so.. other than the Packers?

But, hey, like I said, believe what you want, however erroneous it may be.
So your argument that Rodgers had a great and memorable 4th quarter vs Seattle is that his team gave up a lead? What?

If you want an example of a great and memorable 4th quarter performance, just look at what Brady did to that defense in the 4th quarter only 2 weeks later.
TB5XSBW is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #117
Pro
 
briz1046's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
There's no one debating this. It's a widely accepted fact amongst experts, analysts, former & current players, and even amongst all of you. The only place where you will see people claiming to believe otherwise is on internet forums, but these people are only trying to be edgy by trolling. Even they strongly believe that Brady is the GOAT.
This idiocy just got you on my ignore list ... goodbye
briz1046 is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 05:37 PM   #118
MVP
 
SilverBullet19's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
Wildcard teams are some of the worst teams in the league. The vast majority of them are barely any better than teams that missed the playoffs, and sometimes they're worse. That's just the way it is.

Brady holds most of the single game postseason records too, not just the cumulative ones.
That's why I didn't debate his regular season records. He's a hell of a QB, absolutely. When you have the most playoff games of any player in NFL history, you're going to have more records.

I honestly don't know how you are sticking to an argument about wildcard teams being some of the worst. That's losing some serious credibility dude. You can't throw that in there to discredit Rodgers. That argument just does not hold water.

Lets just use 2017 as an example:

AFC wildcard teams were both 9-7. The wildcard teams had at least 2 more wins than half the conference. The average wins for teams that didn't make the playoffs was 4.6. The AFC wildcard teams averaged twice as many wins as a non-playoff average.

NFC wildcard teams were 11-5 and 10-6. They both had at least 2 more wins that 7 teams in the conference. The average wins for non playoff teams was 6.8. Let's call it 7...the NFC wildcard teams averaged 3.5 more wins than non-playoff average.

Just based on record, the wildcard teams are not "marginally" better, and definitely not worse. They're better than non-playoff teams, and not "some of the worst in the league," as you say...that's just the way it is.
__________________
Check out my dynasty:
http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...oma-state.html

Major Boise State fan
SilverBullet19 is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 05:37 PM   #119
MVP
 
Madden08PCgmr's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Green Dragon, Hobbiton
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
So your argument that Rodgers had a great and memorable 4th quarter vs Seattle is that his team gave up a lead? What?
19-7 lead with 3:58 to go.

The Packers D gave up 21 points in 7 minutes and change, including OT.

Rodgers had the ball for only 1 full minute of that same time period, a frenzied drive, coming form behind, that resulted in a score to get to OT.

If you think Rodgers lost that game, or choked, then all I can do is assume you've never watched football before.

The Packers D snatched defeat from the jaws of certain victory. A colossal implosion for the ages.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 07-17-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Madden08PCgmr is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #120
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
19-7 lead with 3:58 to go.

The Packers D gave up 21 points in 7 minutes and change, including OT.

Rodgers had the ball for only 1 full minute of that same time period, a frenzied drive, coming form behind, that resulted in a score to get to OT.

If you think Rodgers lost that game, or choked, then all I can do is assume you've never watched football before.

The Packers D snatched defeat from the jaws of certain victory. A colossal implosion for the ages.
Don't forget the coward McCarthy twice settled for FGs when they were inside the SEA 5 in the first half. Going for both and converting just one wins that game.
stinkubus is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.

Top -