Home

What rating are you most annoyed at?

This is a discussion on What rating are you most annoyed at? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2018, 07:32 PM   #129
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Obviously any team in the conference championship or super bowl is a top tier team. What would you say if a Wildcard team makes the conference championship then? Just lucky? 5 of the last 21 superbowls belong to wildcard teams.

By your own ideology, if Rodgers is having to play these teams...then Green bay is ALSO "one of the worst teams in the league."

Either way, Your "higher standard" that you hold them to is based on nothing more than your personal opinion. If you're gonna make a claim they aren't good, and then use that claim to try to make it sound like Brady is better than Rodgers, have facts to back it up. Otherwise, it just sounds like your grasping at strings as a Brady fan.

Wildcard teams are not necessarily the top of the bunch, but they are far from the worst. 10 and 11 win teams though, and calling them bad..."c'monnnnnnn mannnnnn." That's unreal.

10 wildcard teams have gone to the Superbowl, 6 wildcard teams have won the super bowl. 5 of the last 21 SB champs were wildcards, that's 25% man. 25% of the last 21 superbowls...won by a wildcard. Which you deem to be bad teams.

1997: Broncos were a Wildcard at 13-3.
2000: Ravens were a Wildcard at 12-4
2005: Steelers were a Wildcard at 11-5
2007: Giants were a Wildcard at 10-6...and BEAT THE PATRIOTS
2010: Packers a wildcard at 10-6

So your "holding them to a higher standard" is pretty ridiculous.

And...Brady lost to one of them, which makes the argument even funnier.
Your 5 examples out of decades upon decades of sample data isn't going to change the fact that wildcard teams are vastly inferior to teams that make it to the conference championship or the SB. Brady faces much tougher competition in the playoffs because he's always in the SB.

But you already knew this.
TB5XSBW is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #130
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Why do you get byes?

Because your division spots you 5 or 6 wins a year.

Shame other teams don't have that same advantage.
Our record vs AFCE is basically identical to our record outside of the division. Hell, AFCE teams often give us tougher games than other teams do.

That still has nothing to do with the fact that Brady faces the best teams in both conferences year in and year out.
TB5XSBW is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #131
MVP
 
SilverBullet19's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
Your 5 examples out of decades upon decades of sample data isn't going to change the fact that wildcard teams are vastly inferior to teams that make it to the conference championship or the SB. Brady faces much tougher competition in the playoffs because he's always in the SB.

But you already knew this.
Decades upon decades? Did you read it dude? That's 5 times in 21 years... 2 decades. Including a win over your boy Brady. Your fan side is clearly clouding your judgement.

Wildcard teams aren't trash, not even close. I proved you wrong with facts, you've used no facts to support your claim. Sorry you can't accept it.
__________________
Check out my dynasty:
http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...oma-state.html

Major Boise State fan
SilverBullet19 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 07:38 PM   #132
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Decades upon decades? Did you read it dude? That's 5 times in 21 years... 2 decades. Including a win over your boy Brady. Your fan side is clearly clouding your judgement.

Wildcard teams aren't trash, not even close. I proved you wrong with facts, you've used no facts to support your claim. Sorry you can't accept it.
You didn't prove that wildcard teams are better than teams that make it to the SB. You outlined extremely rare occurrences.
TB5XSBW is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 07:40 PM   #133
MVP
 
gr18's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Sadly when Peyton Manning retired it just opened up the AFC for the Patriots alot more sorta like Lebron James having a cakewalk for so long in the Eastern Conference.

And before the Manning-Brady commentary,Peyton was 3-1 against them in AFC Championships.
gr18 is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #134
MVP
 
Madden08PCgmr's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Green Dragon, Hobbiton
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

More splits

Aaron Rodgers QB rating

Super Bowl - 111.5
Championship - 70.5
Divisional - 100.1
Wild Card - 111.7

Tom Brady QB rating

Super Bowl - 98.0
Championship - 84.0
Divisional - 93.1
Wild Card - 84.1...... shouldn't he crush these "weak" teams?

Have a good one, I'm out gentleman.
Madden08PCgmr is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #135
MVP
 
SilverBullet19's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
You didn't prove that wildcard teams are better than teams that make it to the SB. You outlined extremely rare occurrences.
For starters, winning 25% of SB's in the last 21 years is far from "extremely rare." Second, wildcard teams do make the super bowl...and have won it several times in just the last 21 years. Third, I never said they are "better than teams that make it to the SB," I was disproving your statement that they are some of the worst in the league. So you have literally changed your argument in an attempt to sound right. I'm done.
__________________
Check out my dynasty:
http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...oma-state.html

Major Boise State fan
SilverBullet19 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #136
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Sadly when Peyton Manning retired it just opened up the AFC for the Patriots alot more sorta like Lebron James having a cakewalk for so long in the Eastern Conference.

And before the Manning-Brady commentary,Peyton was 3-1 against them in AFC Championships.
Cool little story there, but Brady already had 4 SB wins and 6 SB appearances before Peyton retired.
TB5XSBW is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Top -