Home

What rating are you most annoyed at?

This is a discussion on What rating are you most annoyed at? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2018, 06:44 PM   #137
MVP
 
gr18's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
Cool little story there, but Brady already had 4 SB wins and 6 SB appearances before Peyton retired.
I'd go with kicker and defense on some early ones and poor coaching from opponent on the two later ones but think what you will anyway bud.Team game you know....
gr18 is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 06:46 PM   #138
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
For starters, winning 25% of SB's in the last 21 years is far from "extremely rare." Second, wildcard teams do make the super bowl...and have won it several times in just the last 21 years. Third, I never said they are "better than teams that make it to the SB," I was disproving your statement that they are some of the worst in the league. So you have literally changed your argument in an attempt to sound right. I'm done.
I don't think you understand how this works.

Those 5 teams weren't the only wildcard teams during that stretch. You need to post the record of all wildcard teams and compare it to all other teams. It won't look good for you when you do, because it will clearly show that the wildcard teams are garbage compared to the other teams.
TB5XSBW is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 06:47 PM   #139
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I'd go with kicker and defense on some early ones and poor coaching from opponent on the two later ones but think what you will anyway bud.Team game you know....
He had 3 SB MVPs at the time.
TB5XSBW is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 06:49 PM   #140
MVP
 
SilverBullet19's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
I don't think you understand how this works.

Those 5 teams weren't the only wildcard teams during that stretch. You need to post the record of all wildcard teams and compare it to all other teams. It won't look good for you when you do, because it will clearly show that the wildcard teams are garbage compared to the other teams.
Actually, you're the one who doesn't know how it works. Use facts, not opinion. I think you forgot I already posted about their records.

I already posted about the wildcard records. I used 2017 as a base example. AFC wildcard were both 9-7 and won 2x as many games, on average, as non-playoff teams in the AFC.

NFC wildcards were 10-6 and 11-5, and won, on average, 3 more games than non-playoff NFC teams.

I used numbers. I'm not gonna dive in and use years and years to continue proving you wrong. If you want to do that to prove your point, to show you have actually used facts to come to that conclusion, do so. If it does indeed show those teams are "garbage," I'll happily concede the point. I don't mind admitting if I'm wrong. You have done nothing to prove I am though, it's been quite the opposite.
__________________
Check out my dynasty:
http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...oma-state.html

Major Boise State fan
SilverBullet19 is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 06:53 PM   #141
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Actually, you're the one who doesn't know how it works. Use facts, not opinion. I think you forgot I already posted about their records.

I already posted about the wildcard records. I used 2017 as a base example. AFC wildcard were both 9-7 and won 2x as many games, on average, as non-playoff teams in the AFC.

NFC wildcards were 10-6 and 11-5, and won, on average, 3 more games than non-playoff NFC teams.

I used numbers. I'm not gonna dive in and use years and years to continue proving you wrong. If you want to do that to prove your point, to show you have actually used facts to come to that conclusion, do so. If it does indeed show those teams are "garbage," I'll happily concede the point. I don't mind admitting if I'm wrong. You have done nothing to prove I am though, it's been quite the opposite.
We're comparing wildcard teams to division winners. The whole point of this conversation is that Rodgers pads his stats against weak wildcard teams, while Brady regularly plays against the top teams in the conference championship and the SB. There's really nothing to debate here, because surely even you agree with this, which is why you won't bother to compare records.
TB5XSBW is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 06:56 PM   #142
MVP
 
gr18's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
He had 3 SB MVPs at the time.
He was MVP in 2002 and 2004 then I believe '15.Dont know how he got it in '02 though with a 16-27,145 yrds,1 td. stat line. I guess because qbs almost always get the accolades.
gr18 is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 06:59 PM   #143
Banned
 
TB5XSBW's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
He was MVP in 2002 and 2004 then I believe '15.Dont know how he got it in '02 though with a 16-27,145 yrds,1 td. stat line. I guess because qbs almost always get the accolades.
He drove the team down the field with under a minute on the clock to the game winning FG, and so the legend of Brady and his clutch 4th quarter drives was born (in his first year as a starter, no less.)
TB5XSBW is offline  
Old 07-17-2018, 07:01 PM   #144
MVP
 
SilverBullet19's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2015
Re: What rating are you most annoyed at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB5XSBW
We're comparing wildcard teams to division winners. The whole point of this conversation is that Rodgers pads his stats against weak wildcard teams, while Brady regularly plays against the top teams in the conference championship and the SB. There's really nothing to debate here, because surely even you agree with this, which is why you won't bother to compare records.
Once again, that wasn't what I was arguing. Simply arguing that wildcard is not on par with the worst teams in the league, as you stated. If you haven't gotten that, you have misunderstood my point.

You keep trying to put the proof on me to compare records, and you are the only one in this entire debate NOT using any numbers. If you are so sure I'm wrong, you are more than welcome to prove it.

If you actually want to prove any of your points, find the facts that support them on your own. That's why guys are posting ratings numbers, and I used 2017 team records. That's how a debate works. You present an argument using facts. I may present a counter argument, also using facts. You can't make a claim and declare it true until someone uses the specific fact YOU want to disprove it.
__________________
Check out my dynasty:
http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...oma-state.html

Major Boise State fan
SilverBullet19 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.

Top -