Home

Draft class

This is a discussion on Draft class within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2018, 12:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Draft class

Does anyone know when you are able to import draft classes into madden 19? I only ask because I don’t want to start my real franchise until I can download a real draft class for 2019. I am guessing it will take guys a month or two to get a quality class out so unless I am wanting my first class to be generic I assume I will need to hold off on staring a franchise until some draft classes are complete. Hope this makes sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2018, 02:00 AM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Draft class

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
Does anyone know when you are able to import draft classes into madden 19? I only ask because I don’t want to start my real franchise until I can download a real draft class for 2019. I am guessing it will take guys a month or two to get a quality class out so unless I am wanting my first class to be generic I assume I will need to hold off on staring a franchise until some draft classes are complete. Hope this makes sense.
Week 3, you'll get a pop-up asking if you want to import a class.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:19 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

And you are able to edit/import the class every week until scouting is over so week 3 isn't a do or die week.

― Plato
Old 07-15-2018, 05:09 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
And you are able to edit/import the class every week until scouting is over so week 3 isn't a do or die week.
Once you advance, you're stuck with the class, you can't import another. But you can edit the existing class all the way up to the draft.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
I would suggest that you play a couple of seasons before downloading someone elses Draft Class so you can establish what it is you want out of those classes.

Classes will dictate your CFM and not every editors ideology will be the same as you can read anything surrounding ratings and you’ll see concepts all over the spectrum.

One issue that will arise is that some classes might not be about maintainng the Archetype mechanism at all.

You may even find that it’s better to just do your own classes to maintain the consistency within your CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2018, 11:31 AM   #6
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I would suggest that you play a couple of seasons before downloading someone elses Draft Class so you can establish what it is you want out of those classes.

Classes will dictate your CFM and not every editors ideology will be the same as you can read anything surrounding ratings and you’ll see concepts all over the spectrum.

One issue that will arise is that some classes might not be about maintainng the Archetype mechanism at all.

You may even find that it’s better to just do your own classes to maintain the consistency within your CFM.

Any suggestions for draft class editors to disclose or summarize so people know what they’re getting into. For example, a minimum number of things every draft class disclaims like a label on food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 07-15-2018, 12:22 PM   #7
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

I understand why people should be wary of mixing draft classes rated by one person, with either custom or base rosters rated by EA or anybody else potentially with a different " ideology" or using draft classes uploaded by different people , risking duplications

Why though would any draft class be about ( or not about) maintaining the archetype system ? Surely any draft class should be about representing the incoming prospects "accurately" within whatever "ideology " or ratings scale you've chosen ( accurately may be the wrong word here as it would be largely speculative or totally fictitious , but I'm hoping you understand what I mean , accurate in the eye of the beholder maybe ? )

Are you suggesting people should ideally create a slew of one dimensional players that fit each archetype ?

Apologies if I'm misreading your post or being obtuse

Personally I'm looking forward to making ( or using) a representative ( again in the eye of the beholder) 2019 class before moving on to fictitious classes
Old 07-15-2018, 12:23 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Any suggestions for draft class editors to disclose or summarize so people know what they’re getting into. For example, a minimum number of things every draft class disclaims like a label on food?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the best suggestion to come up dealing with Draft Classes.

For me...

1) How many Editors and players edited
- this dictates release “Timeframes”
- 1, 2, 3rd rounds only etc...

2) Settings edits where done on (difficulty level & any Slider alterations)
- if you play on different settings, you will not get the same outcomes

3) Ratings Data driven or Gameplay driven (**very critical)
- thes “Are Not” the same

To be honest, most editors will simply slap the terms “Real” and “Authentic” in the descriptor w/out providing much details.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »