Home

Canned Tackles??

This is a discussion on Canned Tackles?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2018, 03:02 PM   #9
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Canned Tackles??

This is precisely the reason why I feel like they can't manage to get Size/Weight/Momentum to actually be relevant; canned tackle animations are always going to take control of the situation at hand.

Hell, not just tackle animations, even WR/DB animations are influenced by this. I've seen 6'5 WRs with 90+ Jump get balls snatched from them from 5'11 CBs simply because the fixed animation either warped the CB into position, or warped the WR out of position to make that play on the ball.

Then again, it more than likely is difficult to achieve genuine organic tackles without any sort of odd body movement being involved.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:13 PM   #10
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Tackling... interacting animations in general are the 2nd worst part of this game. IMO, half the problem is the acting. Way too much cooperation by the losing actor.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:38 PM   #11
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Tackling... interacting animations in general are the 2nd worst part of this game. IMO, half the problem is the acting. Way too much cooperation by the losing actor.

Yup. It’s like the person being tackled goes down before being hit and takes the the tackler with him. Lol.

To those that hated some of the glitchiness of M13, that actually had organic tackling. Yes, u would occasionally get the weird flailing limbs running into your own linemen, lol, but the actual tackling in that game was so much more dynamic. That being said, from what I’ve seen, I do think M19 looks better/cleaner than 18. With canned tackle animations, we’ll never achieve ‘real’ tackling, but I’m actually happy with some of the vids I’ve seen. Hit stick attempts are correctly leading with their shoulders instead of helmet, and they just seem to connect correctly. I’m also seeing more falling forward by RBs than previous games, so, idk, I think they’ve improved some, there. Maybe, I’ll change my mind once I get the game, , but I hope not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #12
Rookie

I watched some more videos and all the tackles are from past years..I watched 10 mins and didn't see one new tackle..what do they work on every year??a football game should at least get new tackles if they not gonna use s physics engine.Basicly it looks like we got a new running animations.What else is new??
Old 07-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #13
Rookie

YaBarber's Arena

All sports games need full real-time physics... but Football needs it the most. It’s a collision sport unlike the rest and Madden will never look or play in an authentic way until they find a way to make it work. Canned animations in Madden are so repetitive even though they always used to say there are thousands or animations for situations.

What we had in M13 wasn’t the prettiest and players essentially dying on the field at any touch was ugly but that’s why you build upon that foundation lol. A Physics based system allows for real gang tackles that you see literally every NFL Sunday. They had that in place and just needed to clean up the lifeless rag doll situations with fluid reactions and impact bracing. Or if it’s too difficult for that then have your “canned” animations for times like that. Idk.

Just seems like a big reason we don’t see huge differences year to year is because we have the exact same animations year to year, which is what you will get with that system. If they don’t take the time to capture thousands of animations each year (and for the love of god take out the weird 2002 NFL Blitz/NFL Street animations) then we’ll always feel like the game is repetitive.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #14
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

I can say the tackling looked and felt better than it ever has from my time with the game.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucram7777
This is precisely the reason why I feel like they can't manage to get Size/Weight/Momentum to actually be relevant; canned tackle animations are always going to take control of the situation at hand.

Hell, not just tackle animations, even WR/DB animations are influenced by this. I've seen 6'5 WRs with 90+ Jump get balls snatched from them from 5'11 CBs simply because the fixed animation either warped the CB into position, or warped the WR out of position to make that play on the ball.

Then again, it more than likely is difficult to achieve genuine organic tackles without any sort of odd body movement being involved.
Plenty of smaller guys are capable of out jumping/muscling bigger players on contested balls. It would be great if the animations looked better, but that outcome must absolutely be represented in game, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 04:09 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
I can say the tackling looked and felt better than it ever has from my time with the game.
Same here, I really liked what I saw from the Beta, and it wasn’t even the final product.
Looking forward to EA Access on Aug 2!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »