Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
Pro
 
KiffinWillWin's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Feature I Miss

I Miss Being Able To Play The cpu-cpu Match-Up's In Franchise Mode It's Fun Playing With My Raiders Every Week But It Really Takes It To Another Level When Your Able To Play Other Match Ups From Around The League Like Say a Home Game In The Meadowlands With Barkley Getting 25+ Carries I'm Not Interested In Doing a Giants Franchise But I'd Like To Take On The Task Of Playing a Giants Game Once Every 4 Weeks To Keep Barkley On Top Of The Rushing Stats For The Season. This Feature Has Always Been In The PC Version Of Madden Hope It's There This Year.
__________________
Currently Playing:
Madden 22 PC
Favorite NFL Player: QB Derek Carr
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders

Last edited by KiffinWillWin; 07-15-2018 at 05:20 PM.
KiffinWillWin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2018, 05:35 PM   #2
Eagles Fan
 
BleedGreen710's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yulee, FL
Posts: 4,025
Re: Feature I Miss

can't you take control of the coach for the team you want to play as, and then retire after the game? I've not done it myself but I've heard of others doing this
BleedGreen710 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:09 PM   #3
Rookie
 
UltraHD's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: Feature I Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
can't you take control of the coach for the team you want to play as, and then retire after the game? I've not done it myself but I've heard of others doing this
Technically yes however people avoid doing it because like you say, you have to retire afterwards which is sabotaging the team you were controlling.
__________________

UltraHD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
Wrecked
 
Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,057
Re: Feature I Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHD
Technically yes however people avoid doing it because like you say, you have to retire afterwards which is sabotaging the team you were controlling.
What are you sabotaging? I believe you can go back & hire the same coach that you fired after the game.
__________________
Playing:

Madden 22 (XSX)
Shadow Warriors 2 (XSX)
Far Cry 6 (XSX)
Metro Exodus (PS5)

Last edited by Milticket; 07-15-2018 at 10:07 PM.
Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:46 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Feature I Miss

A guy with Kiffin in his user name should surely appreciate a coach being abruptly canned (I couldn't help myself).

User names are like tattoos; they last forever. Don't get one with a coach's or a woman's name until your certain that relationship is going to last.
stinkubus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #6
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 10,352
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Feature I Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraHD
Technically yes however people avoid doing it because like you say, you have to retire afterwards which is sabotaging the team you were controlling.

No it isn't, because if you take control of the coach who is already there, make changes, then "retire him", he will still be on the team. The only artifact is that you get the little "news story" that says he has been let go. In reality, this is not the case.


However, if you take control of a team by creating a custom HC and then retire that custom HC, then that custom HC WILL retire and will be replaced by another "real" coach or a game-generated coach.
__________________
If you aren't accountable for your "losses", you shouldn't take credit for your "wins".
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #7
Pro
 
KiffinWillWin's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Feature I Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
A guy with Kiffin in his user name should surely appreciate a coach being abruptly canned (I couldn't help myself).

User names are like tattoos; they last forever. Don't get one with a coach's or a woman's name until your certain that relationship is going to last.
I Love My Name, I'm a Lane Kiffin Fan & Raiders Fan. Kiffin Had a Real Good Year at Florida Atlantic Last Year. I've Enjoyed Following His Career Since He Was With The Raiders.
__________________
Currently Playing:
Madden 22 PC
Favorite NFL Player: QB Derek Carr
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders

Last edited by KiffinWillWin; 07-16-2018 at 08:25 PM.
KiffinWillWin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
Pro
 
KiffinWillWin's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: Feature I Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
No it isn't, because if you take control of the coach who is already there, make changes, then "retire him", he will still be on the team. The only artifact is that you get the little "news story" that says he has been let go. In reality, this is not the case.


However, if you take control of a team by creating a custom HC and then retire that custom HC, then that custom HC WILL retire and will be replaced by another "real" coach or a game-generated coach.
That's What I've Run Into When I Try Creating a Coach Then Sending Him Into Retirement. I Can't Control Who The Team Hires To Replace Him Or Get The Old Coach Back. Hopefully We Can Play cpu-cpu Match-Up's In Madden 19.
__________________
Currently Playing:
Madden 22 PC
Favorite NFL Player: QB Derek Carr
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
KiffinWillWin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:30 PM.

Top -