Home

Played Madden 2001 last night for the 1st in years.

This is a discussion on Played Madden 2001 last night for the 1st in years. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2018, 11:12 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Played Madden 2001 last night for the 1st in years.

This topic inspired me to dust off my ps2 and have a retro weekend of gaming. I haven't played madden 05 and nfl 2k5 in a while, so it's going to be fun! I have a bunch of old ps2 sports games, and it's always fun to go on a nostalgia trip.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:06 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Played some more 2001 and got quickly addicted to the user profile stat tracking, that is so awesome. It can keep multiple profile stat tracking. I can’t do without that ever again and I’m ashamed I ever stopped playing the game in the 1st place now.
Best menu ever
Bringing back so many memories. Golden Era of sports games. Best times playing Live, 2k, Madden, FIFA, Winning Eleven, NHL 2k.

Those menus are so classic and had dope soundtrack as well. Early 00s good times for Music and Sports Videogames.

Thanks for memories, hopefully next decade sports games will be great because this decade has been way too inconsistent and way less options

Oh well let PS2 era live on forever
Old 07-21-2018, 04:08 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
This topic inspired me to dust off my ps2 and have a retro weekend of gaming. I haven't played madden 05 and nfl 2k5 in a while, so it's going to be fun! I have a bunch of old ps2 sports games, and it's always fun to go on a nostalgia trip.
I just wish there was way to play online using old sports games. I was hoping OUYA would able to put that off. How dope would it be to play Madden 01, NBA 2k2, NHL 2k5 and FIFA WC 02 against someone using next gen console. Nostalgia trip always the best when you're enjoying that experience with someone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2018, 07:11 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho
I made a fictional roster for madden 18. Started a 32 team control franchise. I’ve had more fun with it than ever before. I have come to the conclusion I will not be buying any new maddens. I also just started learning how to use the editors for NCAA. Idk what it is, but having fictional players makes playing a football game so much more fun imo. Getting away from trying to recreate what I already watch on TV, and making my own version of football is definitely the way to go. Completely agree with you guys that they are headed in the wrong direction. It’s just become a big money grab anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes, the game is actually a lot more fun and realistic when you control all 32 teams.....it's just SUPER time consuming....I mean extremely time consuming. The last time I did a 32 team franchise was madden 15 I believe and I had a blast.......If I decide to get madden 19(big IF, I'm still on the fence) I think I will go the 32 team franchise mode and control all the teams.......I know it's time consuming but it might be the best way to go. The CPU logic when it comes to creating rosters is so flawed in this game that you damn near HAVE to control every team.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-21-2018, 08:35 AM   #37
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy10
Bringing back so many memories. Golden Era of sports games. Best times playing Live, 2k, Madden, FIFA, Winning Eleven, NHL 2k.

Those menus are so classic and had dope soundtrack as well. Early 00s good times for Music and Sports Videogames.

Thanks for memories, hopefully next decade sports games will be great because this decade has been way too inconsistent and way less options

Madden cards were a fun way to play with friends. Activating the gold "fumblitis" card made pretty much every tackle a fumble. Some frantic games were had back then.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-21-2018, 11:40 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Madden cards were a fun way to play with friends. Activating the gold "fumblitis" card made pretty much every tackle a fumble. Some frantic games were had back then.
I also seem to recall 109 yd FGs being possible with "Da Boot."
Old 07-21-2018, 11:56 AM   #39
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy10

Yup, some of the best times. I still think the best version of an owner franchise was when it first came out (04, I think?). You had to control advertising spending which influenced attendance, each home game had an actual attendance number and percentage instead of the assumed sellout, you could do a fan appreciation giveaway, you could sell stadium naming rights, there was so much more to be done as an owner.

I also agree with the soundtrack. They have a bit more of a balance now, but for years from like 10-25 it felt like everything was just rap. I would go in and wind up turning off most of the song choices. Maybe that was just me, and to each their own, but I loved the rock/metal stuff they had. I first heard Avenged Sevenfold on Madden (Chapter Four, I think was Madden 03 or 04), which got me hooked and they became my favorite band.

It's kinda weird to think back to that. My wife took me to an Avenged Sevenfold/Metallica concert for my birthday last year (amazing show, really). She asked me how I got into Metallica. I told her it was my brother, his favorite band.

Then she asked what got me into Avenged Sevenfold. "Uhh...Madden"

"The...the football game you play?" Yup. Was kinda funny to explain that to her lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 07-21-2018, 12:17 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4show10
Yes, the game is actually a lot more fun and realistic when you control all 32 teams.....it's just SUPER time consuming....I mean extremely time consuming. The last time I did a 32 team franchise was madden 15 I believe and I had a blast.......If I decide to get madden 19(big IF, I'm still on the fence) I think I will go the 32 team franchise mode and control all the teams.......I know it's time consuming but it might be the best way to go. The CPU logic when it comes to creating rosters is so flawed in this game that you damn near HAVE to control every team.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app

Time consuming yes, but fun/longevity factor, cant be touched imo. I enjoy playing all the games every week. Different schemes, and getting to know the league and what’s going on make it all worth it to me. It’s like one big chess game against yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »