Home

Carlos Guerrero no longer with EA [Game Informer]

This is a discussion on Carlos Guerrero no longer with EA [Game Informer] within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #73
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Carlos Guerrero no longer with EA [Game Informer]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
It's open because it's a big deal in terms of who is running Madden and where the future of the franchise will be headed. It's not rocket science bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who is in charge of Madden may be a big deal , or not if you believe decisions ultimately come from the "suits"
This thread though is more about wild speculation about the reasons for his dismissal , serious and otherwise, half of which come from people who apparently didn't read the quoted article , or didn't understand it properly
Old 07-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #74
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

I agree too the previous Post. This topic is nothing but speculating as to why he was let go and who will replace him. EA has their agenda and it’s a topic that will prob better suited and revisited come September/ October when someone is actually named.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:07 PM   #75
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The company did the right thing, I don't know where the this is not a good look is coming from on the employer side.

It's more of a reflection on a individual, not the company. If an employee signs a employment agreement or the handbook, they are bound by what's inside the terms of employment.

You remove the problem and deal with whatever is leftover.

I don't see a special spotlight if it happens in the gaming world, it happens in other industries, private/public, non-profit/government entities.

And this is the first time it's been brought out in the public in the gaming world or maybe there is more that aren't as publicized.
I agree with you Roadman. I think my words got a little misinterpreted. EA handled this correctly. I'm saying if the rumors about what Carlos did are true it does not reflect well on himself as a professional in the gaming world. Especially considering in recent years there have been occasional PR outcries regarding the way women are portrayed in certain games. Obviously not a sports gaming issue, but it adds ammo to that side of the debate.

EA got it right. Let's get a great producer in place to see Madden '20 through to being a successful iteration.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 06:20 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I agree with you Roadman. I think my words got a little misinterpreted. EA handled this correctly. I'm saying if the rumors about what Carlos did are true it does not reflect well on himself as a professional in the gaming world. Especially considering in recent years there have been occasional PR outcries regarding the way women are portrayed in certain games. Obviously not a sports gaming issue, but it adds ammo to that side of the debate.

EA got it right. Let's get a great producer in place to see Madden '20 through to being a successful iteration.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying, I think it was the way it was worded and maybe I would have interpreted a bit differently.

Are there rumors flying out there because based on what I've seen, it's all pure speculation and theories.

EA has been radio silent about keeping it in-house as they should.

All we know is that Carlos broke EA's code of conduct, which could be several different situations and nothing specific the public will know about.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #77
Rookie

With these management changes, i truly believe Madden 19 will be a unfinished product like Rory McIlroy pga tour golf game.* I bet EA is scrambling to have this game complete by release date.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #78
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Guerrero did not replace Dickson, Oldenberg did, and he is still in place.

Guerrero's position was not creative, it was resource distribution and personnel management.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:17 PM   #79
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Guerrero did not replace Dickson, Oldenberg did, and he is still in place.

Guerrero's position was not creative, it was resource distribution and personnel management.
It's amazing how many people don't recognize this. Some honestly don't know it, but others choose to be willfully obtuse about it in order to make a certain point.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #80
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's amazing how many people don't recognize this. Some honestly don't know it, but others choose to be willfully obtuse about it in order to make a certain point.
I just think people fail to educate themselves or do any research of any kind before speaking, in this case typing.

Playing:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »