Home

Carlos Guerrero no longer with EA [Game Informer]

This is a discussion on Carlos Guerrero no longer with EA [Game Informer] within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #33
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Carlos Guerrero no longer with EA [Game Informer]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsfan881129
What i mean is it won't surprise me if this was the case cuz that's likely only way this happens..

However it's a bonehead move because this guy could have been what we needed for Madden & the fact they let him go based on what his work with in great games such as overwatch among others he had a hand In.. could be a big bonehead move because it's quite possible he could have saved Madden.. I hope there next hire will be a splash hire to revive the franchise. Cuz Chris was likely gonna have it headed that way....

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

Not sure how many here are entrenched in corporate America but there’s a smorgasbord of ways this can happen that have nothing to do with women in the workplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 07-17-2018, 07:50 PM   #34
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
The fact that I've purchased just two editions of Madden over the past 7 years should tell you that I certainly am not what you'd call an EA apologist. Having said that, I give them a great deal of credit for making this move, since it puts some proverbial egg on their face for making the hire. Carlos had spoken about putting a team together and then coming up with a vision for the future of Madden. I hope hardworking folks over there who are trying to make the game better, didn't lose their jobs over the short-lived tenure of Guerrero...

I understand how some people are wondering how this will affect Madden 20. I wonder how it will affect patches, updates, tuners and the like with 19...
I couldnt disagree more with your first part of your paragraph, since we dont even know what he was capable of with the Madden series. Not sure if you seen his body of work? Its pretty impressive. I think as far as the patches & turners ( fyi there wasnt any last yr) go i think they'll be like normal. As much as I just want to wear the Franchise glasses and only see thru them, EA has other audiences to appease as well.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-17-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #35
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackBucks
I ripped the hire when it happend. The guy does not even watch football besides his home team and his favorite mode is play now.

A pc dev though which had me thinking he had a big play in M19 coming to PC. As someone that just bought a $1500 pc and switched I am nervous. I bought from Amazon and I am close to returning my parts and going back to console bc I think M19 might be DoA and gone from PC next year.

His replacement doesn’t need to be an armchair GM/Scout. I would be perfectly satisfied with someone who knows they need football junkies in certain positions with the proper authority.

Let’s not forget EA was pretty clear on their short and long term goals in eSports.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2018, 08:10 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Not sure how many here are entrenched in corporate America but there’s a smorgasbord of ways this can happen that have nothing to do with women in the workplace.

While this is certainly true whatever caused this was undoubtedly pretty serious. I can't imagine EA would want to buy him out or risk getting sued otherwise.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I couldnt disagree more with your first part of your paragraph, since we dont even know what he was capable of with the Madden series. Not sure if you seen his body of work? Its pretty impressive. I think as far as the patches & turners ( fyi there wasnt any last yr) go i think they'll be like normal. As much as I just want to wear the Franchise glasses and only see thru them, EA has other audiences to appease as well.
The point I was trying to make had nothing to do with what Carlos would or would not have brought to the table concerning any mode of Madden. I was simply pointing out that it took courage on EA's part to enforce their code of conduct policy. Trust me, I worked for over 31 years for a fortune 250 company. I had to sign one of these every single year. I can tell you this, some companies will sweep some things under the rug as it pertains to those higher on the totem pole.

Madden 18 didn't get patches or updates? Zones were a mess upon initial release, but I saw drastic improvement after it was fixed.

Last edited by edgevoice; 07-17-2018 at 08:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #38
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
The point I was trying to make had nothing to do with what Carlos would or would not have brought to the table concerning any mode of Madden. I was simply pointing out that it took courage on EA's part to enforce their code of conduct policy. Trust me, I worked for over 31 years for a fortune 250 company. I had to sign one of these every single year. I can tell you this, some companies will sweep some things under the rug as it pertains to those higher on the totem pole.
Gotcha. I would say times have changed.

Playing:
Old 07-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #39
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

While I’m distraught over the news, I can’t help thinking that Carlos Guerrero was not the only candidate for Rex’s job. With the amount of talent and experience already in place, it seems this can be handled internally as well.

I don’t see this affecting M19 or M20 for that matter.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:53 PM   #40
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:

Madden 18 didn't get patches or updates? Zones were a mess upon initial release, but I saw drastic improvement after it was fixed.
Of course we got patches, but there wasnt any tuners last yr compared to 17. In your initial statement you mentioned tuners. Patches & tuners are different things. I said I think patches will arrive as normal in my statement.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-17-2018 at 08:58 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »