Home

Antonio Brown is the cover athlete for the standard edition of Madden NFL 19

This is a discussion on Antonio Brown is the cover athlete for the standard edition of Madden NFL 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2018, 11:27 AM   #9
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Antonio Brown is the cover athlete for the standard edition of Madden NFL 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackBucks
Well this was known a month ago. Never seen everyone know the cover athlete a month before EA announces it.

Madden seems very messy and disfunctional right now.
How is madden messy & disfunctional? Over a cover athlete?They just had a well organized beta a few weeks back.

Playing:
Old 07-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #10
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Antonio Brown is the cover athlete for the standard edition of Madden NFL 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I second this. This cover was acknowledged weeks ago in this very forum. THis is the first news we have gotten in weeks, with only about 3 weeks until release. I am glad they released so much information early, but it has been absolute radio silence since. This is the least hyped for madden 19 than I have been in years. We should already be getting videos and hype packages to build the anticipation but nope.

I think madden 19 will be fine but all of this mess doesn't spell good things for madden 20
There is a tweet in the Developer tweet thread from Clint they are not allowed to discuss Madden 19 until the game is out.

Ratings are the only thing that is left and Kane mentioned equipment might be something that is discussed further.

Edit- Discovery was made 2 weeks ago on July 4th by JP. It was confirmed 2 weeks later.

Last edited by roadman; 07-18-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #11
Rookie

J.Cole's Arena

OVR: 0

What happened to getting the players on the cover to kinda doing something they would do in a real football game? I know it's just a cover but for the past two years it's been stand in for the of the camera and that's it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #12
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

Wish there was a stadium in the background or something and not the disgusting plain yellow background. I’m a fan of AB but not the cover.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #13
Banned

TB5XSBW's Arena

Nice. Last 3 cover athletes have been guys who are regularly part of huge Patriot wins.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #14
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
For sure but maybe the curse was for him to lose after having so many come back SB wins

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
If that constitutes as a curse then the new standard for the Madden curse would be any player that doesn't win league MVP, the Superbowl, and Superbowl MVP. You'd be able to stretch anything into being a curse. "Antonio Brown drops a catch. The Madden curse strikes again!"

As for this cover I am not a fan at all. I hate the single color backdrops EA is going with for their sports titles this year. Too plain. Looks like something a 12 year old could do in Microsoft paint, not even Photoshop. I also like to see either an action shot or at least some emotion from the cover athlete. Maybe that's just Antonio Brown. Not a big deal either way. Not like it'll be a deciding factor for buying the game just my opinion of the cover.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #15
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
There is a tweet in the Developer tweet thread from Clint they are not allowed to discuss Madden 19 until the game is out.

Ratings are the only thing that is left and Kane mentioned equipment might be something that is discussed further.

Edit- Discovery was made 2 weeks ago on July 4th by JP. It was confirmed 2 weeks later.
Why would they not be allowed to say anything though? They seem to understand the supply, but don't seem to understand the demand part.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 12:01 PM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Why would they not be allowed to say anything though? They seem to understand the supply, but don't seem to understand the demand part.
I don't know, but it something that Clint mentioned last week on Twitter.

Seems like a new company policy to me as far as discussing anything about the release on Social Media of Madden 19.

There is a new equipment video to tide people over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »