Home

Antonio Brown is the cover athlete for the standard edition of Madden NFL 19

This is a discussion on Antonio Brown is the cover athlete for the standard edition of Madden NFL 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #17
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Antonio Brown is the cover athlete for the standard edition of Madden NFL 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't know, but it something that Clint mentioned last week on Twitter.

Seems like a new company policy to me as far as discussing anything about the release on Social Media of Madden 19.

There is a new equipment video to tide people over.
Awe I see. Thanks for the info. I don't keep up with the twitter sphere as some members here do. Still seems counter productive to me. To not discuss your game prior to release. Maybe this was imposed only on tiburon due to something carlos may have said or done.

Interesting theory... Carlos said something damaging to the game/company or the prior Creative Director that they felt could have hurt the release. EA then put the squeeze on whatever media outlet not to release what was said and then told everyone to clamp down and don't say ish til the game is out
Old 07-18-2018, 12:14 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: Antonio Brown is the cover athlete for the standard edition of Madden NFL 19

As a proud dynasty owner of Antonio Brown......this disturbs me.

But then again...Tom broke the curse last season. And Antonio did tweak his calf in the post season.

Fingers crossed. LOL.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #19
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Awe I see. Thanks for the info. I don't keep up with the twitter sphere as some members here do. Still seems counter productive to me. To not discuss your game prior to release. Maybe this was imposed only on tiburon due to something carlos may have said or done.

Interesting theory... Carlos said something damaging to the game/company or the prior Creative Director that they felt could have hurt the release. EA then put the squeeze on whatever media outlet not to release what was said and then told everyone to clamp down and don't say ish til the game is out
I don't see this any different than any other year. They released alot of information the past month with their blogs and even had a beta. Not sure what else more they need to do.

Playing:
Old 07-18-2018, 12:26 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I don't see this any different than any other year. They released alot of information the past month with their blogs and even had a beta. Not sure what else more they need to do.
Yeah, I agree, and there was even a calendar of scheduled information drops for everyone to see posted on social media and at OS.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #21
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yeah, I agree, and there was even a calendar of scheduled information drops for everyone to see posted on social media and at OS.
Yeah this year was definitely handled better than last year. The cover thing was just weird to me, but with so much going on in the studio, I think the game was handled well prerelease.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #22
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
As a proud dynasty owner of Antonio Brown......this disturbs me.

But then again...Tom broke the curse last season. And Antonio did tweak his calf in the post season.

Fingers crossed. LOL.
Better than a patriot but should have been an Eagle. Tom still lost so looks to me like the curse is on. LOL!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-18-2018, 08:04 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Better than a patriot but should have been an Eagle. Tom still lost so looks to me like the curse is on. LOL!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
They just don't make Madden curses like they used to. Back in my day our cover athletes suffered career ending injuries, and that's the way we liked it!
Old 07-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #24
Rookie

BuffaloTom's Arena

Glad they finally released the cover. Bummed that it is not an action shot. But most importantly ... does this mean we'll start seeing custom covers soon?!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »