Home

Where are the Jet Sweeps

This is a discussion on Where are the Jet Sweeps within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2018, 11:22 PM   #9
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Where are the Jet Sweeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Madden has removed most trick plays, inexplicably. I remember how there use to be reverse passes and double passes...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
What version ever had reverse passes or double passes? The only thing close I've seen to that was the HB pass (is it still in?).
Old 07-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #10
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
I remember how PAs use to actually suck the safties up. Double moves on the outside are also useless as the DBs always stay back. If I run 3 or 4 come back routes then that WR does a double move the CB covering him should bite on it depending on his awr/prc, and if you decide to keep running comebacks with that WR eventually the CB would be all over it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Yes! 100% agree.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #11
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincerelYourz
"if its in the game, its in the game"
Did you make that one up?

But for real, this is such a played out response to anything that isn't in Madden.

People act like they can put anything and everything in the game with minimal effort.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 02:43 AM   #12
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnada
A great article floating around says that the AI defence can only do run or pass plays. Hence no RPO.
The way I understand it , from reading a Twitter conversation with Clint Oldenburg is that the problem with RPOs is more to do with the blocking and having penalties called in a realistic manner .
In real life the blockers often get away with going downfield as they are essentially run blocking, which should be penalised on a pass play, but they are given a degree of leeway , in Madden this would be called as per the letter of the law and would result in most passes from RPOs being called back, obviously in run plays downfield blocking is permitted

Last edited by briz1046; 07-23-2018 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:50 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

i remember creating a flea flicker play in the Montana PC game it worked lovely
Old 07-23-2018, 11:44 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

This makes me wonder how the hell we got a play editor back in like Madden 2006.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #15
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5

I am really hoping that playbooks have a lot of the stuff they pulled out put back in. I would imagine that KC and Houston will have a ton of unique "college-esqe" plays, seeing as they did so much last year.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
The way I understand it , from reading a Twitter conversation with Clint Oldenburg is that the problem with RPOs is more to do with the blocking and having penalties called in a realistic manner .
In real life the blockers often get away with going downfield as they are essentially run blocking, which should be penalised on a pass play, but they are given a degree of leeway , in Madden this would be called as per the letter of the law and would result in most passes from RPOs being called back, obviously in run plays downfield blocking is permitted
This simply can’t be true because there’s no illegal man down field penalty in the game. On Madden, the leeway for being downfield is totally allowed, the linemen just don’t know how to do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »