Home

GameInformer Franchise article

This is a discussion on GameInformer Franchise article within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #33
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GameInformer Franchise article

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I understand what your saying and get it. My thing is always going to be gameplay first and how it improves & evolves. No matter if your a CFM guy, online, offline, competitive, gameplay always has to improve or be worked on right yr in yr out. A million things could be added to CFM, open/closed roofs, different colored socks, better tweets on players, draft venues. If the gameplay stinks whats the point?For me a offline CFM guy, that to me is just fluff, might it add a few things to immersion sure. I want immersion on the field in the gameplay since thats were im going to be spending my time and not in menus for hrs.
I completely agree that gameplay is absolutely important but there's always going to be more developers dedicated to working on gameplay each year irrespective of whatever features are being worked on in the game. So long as there's somebody dedicated to authentic equipment and uniforms, there's room for every aspect of the game to be improved upon. I play plenty of other sports titles where gameplay is most important that have bells and whistles added every single year, sometimes by the hundreds, one of which happens to be EA's very own FIFA. At this point I need more than just gameplay to keep me coming back. After a handful of games of Madden 18, every single game felt the same over and over again. I got bored and the game became stale. The bells and whistles are what makes me keep going back. That's why I'm 60 games into my 162 game season in MLB The Show and loving every minute of it. And into season 4 of my 38 game season of FIFA 18.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 07-23-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:02 PM   #34
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I completely agree that gameplay is absolutely important but there's always going to be more developers dedicated to working on gameplay each year irrespective of whatever features are being worked on in the game. So long as there's somebody dedicated to authentic equipment and uniforms, there's room for every aspect of the game to be improved upon. I play plenty of other sports titles where gameplay is most important that have bells and whistles added every single year, sometimes by the hundreds, one of which happens to be EA's very own FIFA. At this point I need more than just gameplay to keep me coming back. After a handful of games of Madden 18, every single game felt the same over and over again. I got bored and the game became stale. The bells and whistles are what makes me keep going back. That's why I'm 60 games into my 162 game season in MLB The Show and loving every minute of it. And into season 4 of my 38 game season of FIFA 18.
I think Madden has done a pretty good job on equipment thru the yrs since this was something that was neglected in the past. Different teams, different companies, different sports. I understand you points though.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-23-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #35
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

I will say this:

They went in-depth on things that I don't think change the mode as much as either they're advertised to do or one would think they would, but they also didn't say anything about certain things that absolutely give the mode a bit of a fresh feel.

I won't go into what those things are, because I don't think I can with the NDA, but there is other stuff outside of this article to consider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 05:34 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
I will say this:

They went in-depth on things that I don't think change the mode as much as either they're advertised to do or one would think they would, but they also didn't say anything about certain things that absolutely give the mode a bit of a fresh feel.

I won't go into what those things are, because I don't think I can with the NDA, but there is other stuff outside of this article to consider.
TEASE. MUCH.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:39 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I understand what your saying and get it. My thing is always going to be gameplay first and how it improves & evolves. No matter if your a CFM guy, online, offline, competitive, gameplay always has to improve or be worked on right yr in yr out. A million things could be added to CFM, open/closed roofs, different colored socks, better tweets on players, draft venues. If the gameplay stinks whats the point?For me a offline CFM guy, that to me is just fluff, might it add a few things to immersion sure. I want immersion on the field in the gameplay since thats were im going to be spending my time and not in menus for hrs.
They can improve gameplay AND franchise mode at the same time. Those are entirely different teams/units. It doesn’t have to be so extreme that we have to choose one or the other.

I mean we don’t even have players in this game who can realistically stand up straight without their knees slightly bent. Gameplay does obviously have a ways to go, but that’s what happens when they’re walking a tight rope of not being able to change too much without the code of the game going haywire. The legacy issues they’re dealing with are crippling.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:53 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 4

Sadly, I was expecting a so-so franchise mode from the vids I've seen of it. Guys were trying to hype up 'new' generic backgrounds in franchise mode, like seeing a player sitting by his locker, a coach sitting at his desk, or a drafted player with superstar development trait flexing his arms. This is not nearly enough to satisfy offline franchise mode gamers.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #39
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

They did spend hours studying and working on team and individual celebrations this year, so there’s that great news..
Old 07-23-2018, 06:10 PM   #40
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
They did spend hours studying and working on team and individual celebrations this year, so there’s that great news..
Plus if you play online you don't even get to see them.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »