Home

GameInformer Franchise article

This is a discussion on GameInformer Franchise article within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #57
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GameInformer Franchise article

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Thanks for the list. If these were still in people would be saying they dont change anything. Fight for the fumble lmao horrible feature. You forgot one Rewind another horrible feature. Doesnt look like any deal breakers for me. New sliders would be nice though.

Ya I’m not saying I like all these features, it’s just that it’s ALOT that gets abandoned. It’s constant half azz crappy features they love to put on the back of the box only serving a purpose to push content and marketing. Some of them are actually not bad ideas but they get implemented so poorly they have to scratch them eventually. Which brings me back to my original point That this is exactly what they are doing right now with the “new draft presentation”. Guaranteed it gets left untouched and stays the same for 2-3 years, then stripped from the game and never to be seen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-23-2018, 07:23 PM   #58
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
I agree gameplay is the most important. I’m hoping RPM is legit and we see it make some improvements to gameplay. I think a fully fleshed out franchise can be a very close second though. I don’t roofs and socks would really add much to franchise but with enough improvements to the mode I could definitely see myself enjoying handling off the field stuff as much as on the field.
I get what ppl are saying and it would be cool to have all these little things, but they are just not high enough of a priority these days. I would say play the game yourself and decide if its for you or not. I really wouldn't go off of what these few people at these gaming sites have to say.

Playing:
Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 PM   #59
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
Ya I’m not saying I like all these features, it’s just that it’s ALOT that gets abandoned. It’s constant half azz crappy features they love to put on the back of the box only serving a purpose to push content and marketing. Some of them are actually not bad ideas but they get implemented so poorly they have to scratch them eventually. Which brings me back to my original point That this is exactly what they are doing right now with the “new draft presentation”. Guaranteed it gets left untouched and stays the same for 2-3 years, then stripped from the game and never to be seen again.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
They do not implement things very well at times and im 100% with you there. I mean in the grand scheme of things how much do u think a more immersive draft is a priority? Probably not very high. I would put coaching carousels & challenge system light yrs ahead of that imo.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-23-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
They've built on presentation, gameplay, player movement, schemes, draft, added new ratings, add commentary thru out the yr. Added new equipment, worked ai playcalling. Not sure what your expectating. I wouldnt buy if I were you..
I already have it payed for on PS4 so save that talk about me not buying it. I’ve made it clear in this thread that I’m a huge fan of professional football and video games. I have to have my NFL video game fix each year. It sucks I have no options but this game severely lacking in anything remotely close to an immersive franchise mode.

We can’t even structure contracts beyond the salary and bonus. What if I want to do. Front/back loaded deal? Little things like that go a long way for immersion.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
They do not implement things very well at times and im 100% with you there. I mean in the grand scheme of things how much do u think a more immersive draft is a priority? Probably not very high. I would put coaching carousels & challenge system light yrs ahead of that imo.
See that’s what I’m wanting right there. A fleshed out true to life coaching carousel would extend the lifetime of franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 07:33 PM   #62
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
I already have it payed for on PS4 so save that talk about me not buying it. I’ve made it clear in this thread that I’m a huge fan of professional football and video games. I have to have my NFL video game fix each year. It sucks I have no options but this game severely lacking in anything remotely close to an immersive franchise mode.

We can’t even structure contracts beyond the salary and bonus. What if I want to do. Front/back loaded deal? Little things like that go a long way for immersion.
Well, I mean it is what is then I guess.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 07-23-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:35 PM   #63
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Because the new scheme fits system is about player progression and not designing an actual team strategy, you can min/max the players and attributes you want to focus on by changing your overall scheme each week to fit your needs – regardless of what percentage of a fit it is for the team as a whole. You can pick a scheme fit that suits the appropriate players you want to improve the most, and then when they earn a skill point, spend it on the scheme fit player archetype (the West Coast archetype in the screenshot above) to get the most attribute points (after randomization).
I feel like this is going to be a big issue for online leagues and pretty much defeat the entire purpose of finding scheme fits. I get not wanting to be too restrictive but I feel like it should be treated like changing positions for players where you can do it once a years or during the offseason or something. As a solo CFM player, I can simply not do it but in an online environment there's undoubtedly going to be that guy that is switching schemes every week to max out the XP and Skill Points he's getting.

The next step I think needs to be archetype rankings within schemes that provided tiered boosts rather than just one specific archetype getting the boost. That way you can make it more restrictive without completely sacrificing the boosts or eliminating any reason to acquire players that aren't direct scheme fits. You can also tie it into coaches where a guy like Andy Reid might provide the highest boost for any QB archetype while a younger coach would be more limited.

Overall I like a lot of the changes to CFM but completely agree with the thought that the overall experience hasn't really changed. If you liked CFM before, you're still going to be happy. If you didn't like it before, you might not like it a little bit less but overall it's still going to be a very similar experience to recent years.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:57 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

Madden 19 will be great , I truly believe that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »