Home

Madden 19 Preview: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Preview: What's Hot and What's Not within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #49
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 19 Preview: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
If they change man coverage at all from what I played in the beta I’m gonna be sooooo piiiisssseed! Hopefully for sim mode they keep it exactly the way it is. Leave the crappy coverage setting to arcade mode so the cry baby “madden ballers” can score on every drive and be done with the game after playing it for a month. The franchise guys will still be knee deep into the game in November/December so hopefully EA caters towards us for once when it comes to gameplay adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Agreed. I have been messing around with MUT Draft to kill some time this week. I drafted two 99 overall corners yet they might as well be 70 overall they get beat every single play. I just don't get the appeal.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 07-25-2018, 09:56 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Sounds to me like some of you are just burnt out on Madden. That more about you than the game or how it plays

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-25-2018, 10:01 AM   #51
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
?i agree with therebelyell626 said.....it just seems like ultimate team is king and franchise is not given the attention it needs. not to mention no historic teams, historic players only for ultimate team, no create-a-team, no myleagues, etc. no creativity for players at all, really. i will be sticking with 18 until 19 goes on sale or adds some things that will motivate me to buy it.
Historic teams are a non-starter anymore. The NFL doesn't want the legal heat from including generic representations of real players, it's a lot more expensive for Madden to license an entire historic team and it's 53 man roster than it is for 2k to do 15 man rosters, and it's way over-protective of its trademarks, so create-a-team would be severely limited.

These things just aren't feasible anymore.

As for MUT... man, I'm not seeing it. The last two years the updates have been gameplay and graphics. MUT has been functionally identical for 3 years except for some minor mode additions that were fairly easy interface and logic updates. MUT is not a big part of Madden's resource budget. It has one of the smallest teams in the building and generally the least experienced guys who are working to move onto gameplay or game modes.

People blame MUT because they don't like MUT, but it isn't the reason CFM has been ignored. If anything, that blame should go to Longshot.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
I really hope they don't cater to the "Online" crowd and change the audible/hot route/protection at the line of scrimmage. It's not realistic for a QB to individually change everyones routes, flip the play twice, and change the protection in 3 seconds.
IRL the QB can change multiple routes with a single code word or even just a hand signal. It's not the player's fault Madden forces us to change routes one by one.

Protection calls are often done by the C, although some teams do have the QB do it.

When you are giving the player tasks that are ordinarily completed by multiple people they are going to need to be fast since they can't be done simultaneously like IRL.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #53
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
IRL the QB can change multiple routes with a single code word or even just a hand signal. It's not the player's fault Madden forces us to change routes one by one.

Protection calls are often done by the C, although some teams do have the QB do it.

When you are giving the player tasks that are ordinarily completed by multiple people they are going to need to be fast since they can't be done simultaneously like IRL.
IRL the QB has a very limited number of options to audible too that apply only to the specific call. He can't just call any play in the playbook at the line, he can't just change every player's assignment. Real life audibles are logical responses to what the QB sees. He has specific plays he audibles too that are tied to the huddle call vs. the front and shell he sees.

Hot routes aren't even really that in the game. A hot route is a route specifically designed to account for a potential pass rusher the blocking scheme doesn't account for. The QB doesn't "call" it, it's built into the play call.

At most a QB has some blitz beaters and basic run calls he can go too at any point, which the Madden audible system already covers just fine. The ability to build-a-play at the line of scrimmage is superfluous, unrealistic, and prone to abuse.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #54
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_O_B_27
I really hope they don't cater to the "Online" crowd and change the audible/hot route/protection at the line of scrimmage. It's not realistic for a QB to individually change everyones routes, flip the play twice, and change the protection in 3 seconds.
I agree with you 100%. However, competitive players are second in importance only to ultimate scheme streamers. If they complain I guarantee you it gets taken out
Old 07-25-2018, 11:20 AM   #55
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Historic teams are a non-starter anymore. The NFL doesn't want the legal heat from including generic representations of real players, it's a lot more expensive for Madden to license an entire historic team and it's 53 man roster than it is for 2k to do 15 man rosters, and it's way over-protective of its trademarks, so create-a-team would be severely limited.

These things just aren't feasible anymore.

As for MUT... man, I'm not seeing it. The last two years the updates have been gameplay and graphics. MUT has been functionally identical for 3 years except for some minor mode additions that were fairly easy interface and logic updates. MUT is not a big part of Madden's resource budget. It has one of the smallest teams in the building and generally the least experienced guys who are working to move onto gameplay or game modes.

People blame MUT because they don't like MUT, but it isn't the reason CFM has been ignored. If anything, that blame should go to Longshot.
I disagree with you respectfully. Ultimate team may not have been changed or updated, but I believe the profits hauled in from ultimate team have made tiburons corporate directors complacent. Why allocate development time which actually equates to money to improve something on the game that won't necessarily bring on new sales. Profits are already healthy why waste money updating a feature or mode that is not going to bring in more dollars. You learn this your first two years of business school. Granted smart business move, but terrible for consumers.

Outside of the hardcore who have been skipping madden the last few years out of spite, nobody is going to pick up a madden game for the first time because they improved franchise mode.

Yes I do not like ultimate team. I feel like it is a mode that was literally designed to screw over consumers and take advantage of younger kids
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2018, 11:35 AM   #56
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I disagree with you respectfully. Ultimate team may not have been changed or updated, but I believe the profits hauled in from ultimate team have made tiburons corporate directors complacent. Why allocate development time which actually equates to money to improve something on the game that won't necessarily bring on new sales. Profits are already healthy why waste money updating a feature or mode that is not going to bring in more dollars. You learn this your first two years of business school. Granted smart business move, but terrible for consumers.

Outside of the hardcore who have been skipping madden the last few years out of spite, nobody is going to pick up a madden game for the first time because they improved franchise mode.

Yes I do not like ultimate team. I feel like it is a mode that was literally designed to screw over consumers and take advantage of younger kids

Definitely agree with the above post.

The only thing that's going to change things for the better, significantly, is competition. Madden is operating in a complete monopoly for the professional football, scratch that, football market in general. 2K at least has NBA Live, and The Show, as great as baseball is as a sport, doesn't have anywhere near the same size market as the NFL and NBA, even more so in gaming.

Look at the racing game sector, it's the best it ever has been in the history of gaming. Why? There are so many damn options, so much competition, and a demand for better and better. Forza, Asseto Corsa, Project Cars, F1, Driveclub, Gran Turismo, etc. They push each other and if you slack, you fall in the pack. Madden has no push to exceed expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »