Home

Madden NFL 19 Video - Packers vs. Redskins (focused on graphics)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Video - Packers vs. Redskins (focused on graphics) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2018, 03:38 AM   #49
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Graphics definitely improved. IMO, if you want to show off the graphics, do a cpu vs cpu game. At least in the broadcast view the running animations look much better.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #50
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden NFL 19 Video - Packers vs. Redskins (focused on graphics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
QB throwing motions and pass trajectory have been one of my biggest pet peeves with this game for ...ever. lol I wish EA would stop "mo-capping" the neighborhood paper boys.

Anyways.. anyone else notice certain players pad levels still look really high. Not EA Play version high but higher than they should be. Maybe its just me
The throw animations are hand animated, not mo-capped. They use video and stills of the real life QBs. That's why some can be spot on and some are just way off, some animators are better than others.

Also, and this is a guess, I think the motions use the same number of frames no matter what, so the fast release guys like Rodgers and Brady are slowed to the same rate as everyone else and it makes their release look odd in game.

It just seems like they haven't updated them in several years. I was really disappointed in no Garoppolo motion this year, his is so distinctive I really wanted it in game.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:57 AM   #51
Banned

Robotech2016's Arena

OVR: 0
After 3 years, the presentation in-game is still the same. Really no immersion still. We have been harping on this subject for the last 13 years. Where is the in-game stats comparisons from around the league? Still no player vs player comparisons, team comparisons and individual comparisons in-game. Don't want too bring up a game 13 years old. So lets look at NBA2k series and MLB the show. NBA2K does a great job at immersion u with stats in-game. MLB the show does well, just not on the level as NBA2K does. We need this, especially for CFM. A ticker is nice, but we need more too let us know whats going on around the league and keep us up too date. The in-game presentation has been the same since madden 17. They really need too step up in this department. In-game immersion is lacking in the Madden series!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 10:26 AM   #52
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
I'm with Robotech. We need more stat overlays and better presentation in-game. It's lacking even in this video.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #53
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm a believer that presentation can add so much to immersion and feel what was shown for M19 is an improvement. In full disclosure, I'm also not above being biased about anything showcasing the 'Skins, so, yeah.

I think presentation encompasses more than just the broadcast, so players interactions pre/post play and sidelines are a big part as well, so players getting to their feet and interacting realistically post play in M19, upgrades the presentation too.

Like others have mentioned, would like to see way more of that and the network broadcast type stuff, just completely blow it out. I remember DeuceDouglas doing this great thread years ago, prior to his epic Franchise mode thread, where he laid out all kinds of depth, immersion and variety that could be achieved through graphical overlays and whatnot.

I didn't see anyone comment on the things said during the video, maybe people had it muted, it was focused on visuals after all but the Rayweather guy is justifying why presentation elements, that are realistic to football, were added, to some audience. That bothered me, not what he was doing but why he would need or feel the need to do it, due to this divisive, I think EA driven, narrative, that every area of the game has to be developed to cater to as many gamers as possible. I'm not going there on the bigger stuff, speaking specifically on presentation, I don't understand why that would ever be anything but as NFL football authentic as they can get it at its' core. Those modes where gamers aren't interested in that, have it off by default and always an off option for it period but it justifies resources in a NFL football game, because it's a major part of NFL football.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #54
Rookie

I really don't see how some of you enjoy anything. It's like you watch videos thinking, "What can I point out that I don't like?" Warm tint during day games? LOL

The game is already looking great to me and I haven't even seen it in 4k or HDR yet. I appreciate the get up animations after the play. Looks WAY better than before. They touched on alot of small things that make a huge difference to me this year.
Old 07-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #55
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_centa_fielda
I really don't see how some of you enjoy anything. It's like you watch videos thinking, "What can I point out that I don't like?" Warm tint during day games? LOL

The game is already looking great to me and I haven't even seen it in 4k or HDR yet. I appreciate the get up animations after the play. Looks WAY better than before. They touched on alot of small things that make a huge difference to me this year.
Agreed, lol. They definitely improved on those. So much cleaner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #56
Rookie

BattleMage!'s Arena

Regarding visuals, what do the stars under the players mean? That they are highly rated?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »