Home

Only speculation. But does anyone agree.?

This is a discussion on Only speculation. But does anyone agree.? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2018, 02:04 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Only speculation. But does anyone agree.?

Haven't had the opportunity to ply M19 yet, But I have watched every video of games played on U-tube that I can get my hands on. The game looks good visually but the one of the things I have noticed in game after game rather Human or CPU VS CPU.. is the constancy of the receivers being wide open in play after play. The defenders are almost always 5 yds away from them. Especially over the middle passes. The pass coverage is horrible IMO. Passes are almost automatic and it's like watching catch, run tackle. I realize that in the NFL receivers occasionally break away from defenders but the majority of the time, defenders are with in a yard of the receiver. Close coverage. In many of the M19 games I have seen the receiver is wide open and catches the ball and runs 5 to 10 yds or better before anyone gets near them. I suppose that could have something to do with the player controlling the receiver.. The other is the lack of CPU running game. This is just my opinion and I just wonder if anyone has noticed this. I know there will be tuneups before release. As i said, I am not putting the game down, I am really looking forward to it. This is just something I personally have noticed. Hopefully sliders can fix it if nothing else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
Rookie

evancitywalker's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Only speculation. But does anyone agree.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Haven't had the opportunity to ply M19 yet, But I have watched every video of games played on U-tube that I can get my hands on. The game looks good visually but the one of the things I have noticed in game after game rather Human or CPU VS CPU.. is the constancy of the receivers being wide open in play after play. The defenders are almost always 5 yds away from them. Especially over the middle passes. The pass coverage is horrible IMO. Passes are almost automatic and it's like watching catch, run tackle. I realize that in the NFL receivers occasionally break away from defenders but the majority of the time, defenders are with in a yard of the receiver. Close coverage. In many of the M19 games I have seen the receiver is wide open and catches the ball and runs 5 to 10 yds or better before anyone gets near them. I suppose that could have something to do with the player controlling the receiver.. The other is the lack of CPU running game. This is just my opinion and I just wonder if anyone has noticed this. I know there will be tuneups before release. As i said, I am not putting the game down, I am really looking forward to it. This is just something I personally have noticed. Hopefully sliders can fix it if nothing else.
Sliders and difficulty settings were probably toned down for video play. I don't think they were playing on All-Madden, but mostly All-Pro and Arcade.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:24 AM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evancitywalker
Sliders and difficulty settings were probably toned down for video play. I don't think they were playing on All-Madden, but mostly All-Pro and Arcade.
Agreed, I always felt All pro level has always favored the user. Im average Madden player, but I just think All Madden plays more to real life football imo with a few slider adjustments. Even the competitive crowd plays on All Madden. In the bears vs Jaguar video posted on the site, im 95% sure the Allen Robinson td doesnt happen on All Madden, he would of been tackled. So I take the videos with a grain of salt when it comes to things like coverage, reaction, & tackles.

Note: Im not saying All Pro cant be fun, its just not for me.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Agreed, I always felt All pro level has always favored the user. Im average Madden player, but I just think All Madden plays more to real life football imo with a few slider adjustments. Even the competitive crowd plays on All Madden. In the bears vs Jaguar video posted on the site, im 95% sure the Allen Robinson td doesnt happen on All Madden, he would of been tackled. So I take the videos with a grain of salt when it comes to things like coverage, reaction, & tackles.

Note: Im not saying All Pro cant be fun, its just not for me.
The real issue isn't that all-pro favors the user, it's that the CPUs inferior meta-strategies, game planning (i.e. play calling), and inability to hot route get exposed when it doesn't have massive buffs to its players' performance.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:37 AM   #5
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
The real issue isn't that all-pro favors the user, it's that the CPUs inferior meta-strategies, game planning (i.e. play calling), and inability to hot route get exposed when it doesn't have massive buffs to its players' performance.
Thats true as well, good call. I think there are many things at play here, so my statement was pretty broad. A thing for me is that I hate having house rules for myself. To me thats not enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Thats true as well, good call. I think there are many things at play here, so my statement was pretty broad. A thing for me is that I hate having house rules for myself. To me thats not enjoyable.

I house rule myself too when it comes to football games. I forgot his name(maybe it was Bill's sliders here on OS), but he had great advice for 2k5 like either doing no hot routes, or limiting to only one route change to help the ai, and I've gone by that in every football game since.

But I hope defensive ai in madden 19 has addressed this and plays a much smarter game. And I wish the beta testers could talk about this openly.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:52 AM   #7
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I would say this is true , if you play CPU vs. CPU games all-pro gives "balanced" gameplay but as soon as you insert the user into the equation ( as the coach OR a usered player ) you automatically upset that balance , dependant on your skill ( in it's broadest meaning) level
I've found long ago , for me personally, the best solution is to play on all-pro ( with sliders ) and on coach mode ( with minimum play adjustments ) this allows players to play true to ratings while still being involved
I totally understand how this isn't for everybody though
Old 07-28-2018, 01:16 PM   #8
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I agree OP about the receivers being so wide open, been noticing it on crossing routes and drags mostly I believe, generally routes where the receiver starts on one side of the field and eventually ends up seemingly wide open by the time they get to the other side. There's a M19 video with the Chargers where this happens on a play, then the very next play, on a TD catch, it initially looks really good, tight coverage, the ball is placed nicely but upon further review it's only because Rivers was throwing "under pressure" and in some awkward stance. Likely if he had a clean pocket, it would have been yet another wide open, pitch and catch, being "under pressure" equated to what should be standard, imo.

I'm not sure if different modes, sliders or whatever change that, I'll I'm saying is, yes OP, I've noticed that too. I thought maybe it has something to do with the lack of a pass rush as well, because in real football, given the time in the pocket, it's reasonable that those routes could come open. I'm not too sure about being as wide open as the ones I've noticed in some videos though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »