Home

Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Pre-Release / EA Access / Origin Access)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Pre-Release / EA Access / Origin Access) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #25
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Pre-Release / EA Access / Origin Access)

It looks good, and feels good and fluid. I love the fact that when I pass and there is a LB in the area he actually bats the ball down! (I知 sure I値l hate that later though lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #26
Rookie

fightingirish595's Arena

Really happy that Ice skating seems to be gone. Played one game and the only negative I saw was that my AI players made some really bad swat attempts if I didn’t switch. They were right there to make a play but there attempt was no where near the ball. It looked clumsy.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:02 PM   #27
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Anybody else notice the CPU STILL calls zone D alot, I only played 1qt but the Colts called zone D every play except for one.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #28
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZimmerman
It looks good, and feels good and fluid. I love the fact that when I pass and there is a LB in the area he actually bats the ball down! (I知 sure I値l hate that later though lol)

sideline cam looks vastly improved...
Old 08-01-2018, 03:12 PM   #29
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by colkilla
sideline cam looks vastly improved...

It really is! I play in broadcast and I can tell you, you have to remember you are playing a game and not watching one! Lol. I love that they washed out the Orange in soldier field! It痴 always been to bright! It really looks perfect!

Old 08-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #30
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

EDIT 2: NVidia users should download the latest GeForce "Game Ready" driver set. This seems to correct many of the issues, even if it isn't specifically a Madden 19 compatibility update. I now run on DX11, locked 60FPS with VSync On. Runs very smoothly with those settings on. Unlocked FPS option seems to be broken, at least for me.

EDIT: Most of the lag/stuttering I had was fixed by activating DirectX 12 in the video settings menu and leaving GSync off for Madden's 3D settings in the NVidia Control Panel menu. That being said, it still feels "off" to me, but I'm sure more tweaking will take place in the next few days.

Origin Access Premier here. Having quite a bit of frustration optimizing the game. As seen in the recommended PC settings thread, there seems to be a problem with GSync monitors and/or frame pacing. People are reporting 60FPS+ but receiving something that feels like a laggy 30FPS.

For that reason, the game feels like a downgrade at this point but once people find the right settings or the game gets patched, we'll see a lot better results across the board.

Finally, some gameplay/graphics/little things:

-No Robo QB tendencies in my first game against the Giants, and much more balanced defense IMO. Eli was very inaccurate on his first drive, as a tip drill lead to a dropped INT and Tremaine Edmunds literally jumped a ball intended for OBJ for a 65 yard pick six.

-RPM is the real deal, and it gives ballcarriers a new level of strategy. Great addition IMO and a lot better with a controller in your hand than in videos.

-That being said, this is Madden. Whether or not the game satisfies you will ultimately be determined by how many features you can see through or not tolerate.

-Speaking of Tremaine Edmunds, his dreadlocks clip through the front of his face, at least in replay mode. I chalk this up to being an early version of the game on PC. Other strange clipping occurred with the football landing on an incorrect hand during catches and towels warping into the player model.

-Presentation is a slight upgrade but not bad. Coachman is a solid add and a lot more enthusiastic than Larry Ridley was. This might mean he won't be in WWE 2K for a while, but then again, EA and 2K once shared Gary Thorne in the NHL and MLB 2K series, so anything can happen.

-Josh Allen has a face scan, which was slightly unexpected (even if he was 7th overall) but was great to see. Player likeness seems to have received an uptick, even if some minor player's faces are very similar but still generic lookalikes (Edmunds).

-New Era Field in Orchard Park FINALLY looks absolutely outstanding. Easily the most accurate it's ever been in a video game. I submitted reference photos a few years ago in a thread, it was corrected in M17 but reversed in M18. This year, EA claimed they went to New Era and it shows. Everything has been updated. Detail in places I've never expected to see. Some quirks here and there due to licensing (the Wall of Fame has been replaced with motivational quotes, which I'm sure Sean McDermott would love) but otherwise, it's absolutely amazing. A job well done.

Overall, I'm honestly not too thrilled but most of that can be blamed on seemingly poor PC optimization right now. Hopefully a consensus user fix comes in the next few days or a patch can arrive before the first Access Premier billing cycle.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 08-02-2018 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #31
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Looks a little better than the beta. It has more color to me.

The gameplay tight, but if you want to play the get sacked simulator, just pick any playacting play. They are not working with Alex Smith right now and I run a lot but that ain't working either lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 03:38 PM   #32
Rookie

TrustTheProcess's Arena

Its weird people having all these PC problems. I have been playing since 10 and haven't had any FPS problems. Even the online play didn't lag. I also have a G-sync monitor so that's not the problem. All my settings are on ultra.

Last edited by TrustTheProcess; 08-01-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »