Home

Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Pre-Release / EA Access / Origin Access)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Pre-Release / EA Access / Origin Access) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 03:38 PM   #33
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Pre-Release / EA Access / Origin Access)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonZimmerman
It really is! I play in broadcast and I can tell you, you have to remember you are playing a game and not watching one! Lol. I love that they washed out the Orange in soldier field! It’s always been to bright! It really looks perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTX 1080ti 1440p resolution with ultra settings and game runs silky smooth. I haven’t played madden in 2 yrs so I’m not really good right now. I do like the broadcast cam and will try to get used to playing that way. Hoping for some mods that can make that cam more playable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-01-2018, 03:52 PM   #34
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Pre-Release / EA Access / Origin Access)

I am pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of franchise bugs I reported during the beta that didnt seem to get too much attention have been fixed. and not just band-aided.

auto generated draft classes are full of variety and balanced ratings. only like 5 guys over 80 OVR, only a few superstar developments, and theres a noticeable drop off in talent as the rounds go by. bravo.

in addition, auto generated QB draft picks no longer all have the 'ideal' sense pressure trait. this is something that was in the game for a while and they have finally solved whatever caused it. some guys are paranoid, some oblivious. the best one to get is ideal and this makes those players more valuable now (and they play differently on the field too) this is great now I dont have to edit this myself after every draft.

in addition, sim stats have been fixed. they aren't perfect, no football game ever will be, but you have to really poke around to find stats that seem like they are too high or too low. tremendous.

one glaring issue however is the dynamic dev trait. its absurdly inconsistent and just plain makes no sense most of the time. in one of my sims luke kuechly won best LB, defensive player of the year, and made the pro bowl. now thats a SUPERSTAR. and yet he lost his superstar development. maybe cause hes old? nope. cause JPP had 10 sacks and no FF and didnt make a pro bowl yet got promoted up to Star development and brandon graham had 12 sacks made the pro bowl and got promoted to superstar. just makes no sense at all.

one bright spot of the dynamic dev trait that i found though is that I was really surprised to see they seem to have created some kind of buffer zone for rookies so they dont lose their development trait for sitting on the bench their rookie season. really happy they fixed that, I thought that was going to be an over site. and by the same token they also dont just hand superstar to the rookies who win the awards. josh allen got offensive rookie of the year but mostly just cause of volume stats (started all 16 games, bunch of yards but threw a lot of interceptions). he didnt get promoted to star or superstar, he stayed put which I also liked.

I can't do much with the gameplay since my laptop isn't very high end so I've just been messing with franchise mode and as I said I am very pleasantly surprised so far. can't wait to get this on ps4 and dive in.

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 08-01-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #35
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
GTX 1080ti 1440p resolution with ultra settings and game runs silky smooth. I haven’t played madden in 2 yrs so I’m not really good right now. I do like the broadcast cam and will try to get used to playing that way. Hoping for some mods that can make that cam more playable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Agree I playing on a ultrawide with a 1080ti, I cant believe they even support 21:9 res
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #36
Just started!

OVR: 0

My screen turns completely black every few seconds once I start playing the game.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #37
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Had a lot of trouble getting it to run smoothly on my PC. Ended up doing a complete reinstall to Origin and kept the settings to Medium and it worked better. The longer I played, the smoother it seemed to play, with some frame rate issues here and there. Spent about 2 hours trying to figure it all out, but I got it.

As for the game, i’m Pleasantly surprised. A lot of the issues I had with the beta and the videos seemed to be cleared up. It’s still Madden, so if you didn’t like the game to begin with, I doubt it’s going to win you over, but the gameplay is prettt smooth and the game looks outstanding on PC. I’ll get more in-depth later on, but it’s a thumbs up from me so far.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 7

One step forward 2 steps back.
They added a nice around the league segment to the halftime report but removed the highlights... I give up.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM   #39
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Ive only played a couple games but why does the ball speed feel so slow on passing plays
Old 08-01-2018, 04:51 PM   #40
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8

To add on to my earlier impressions...

Running game for the cpu def has to be buffed through sliders, far too easy to shut it down on default all pro. User may need a little love too, but it could be the rust shaking off.

Love the variety of passes, they def worked on cpu QB logic. So much better, this is a huge step forward.

Challenge system non-existent, sigh, i know you all know, but dang, it really does stick out as an oversight as the rest of the game continues to improve.

WR/CB interactions are AWESOME, especially on long passes. Loving the improvements there BUT... the dropped passes with the slightest amount of contact is going to drive people crazy again this year. They might even be worse.

I actually dig the halftime show, its just enough for me to see 3 games around the league. Kind of a cool addition. Need way more of that in the future. Build on it EA, don't strip it away to add back of the box "features" later on.

RPM is legit. After 3 games I'm seeing the nuance it provides, and the weight of the players when cutting mattering. It will mean so much more when we as a community get the running game dialed in with sliders, but for now I'm feeling this is going to be an awesome year of Madden.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »