Home

I'm still playing NCAA 14 - question

This is a discussion on I'm still playing NCAA 14 - question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2018, 05:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0

I use coach mode exclusively. In the videos I've watched on both Madden 18 and the few Madden 19 videos which have been released it looks like running the football is inordinately difficult.

Is that correct?
Old 07-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I use coach mode exclusively. In the videos I've watched on both Madden 18 and the few Madden 19 videos which have been released it looks like running the football is inordinately difficult.

Is that correct?

From what I’ve seen, running can be too easy at times due to the lack of gap responsibility by LB’s. They just run all over the place as they are tied to a specific blocker for some reason (has been this way for years). Seems like a crapshoot as to whether or not a play will work. As for controlling the ball carrier, I hear it takes some hands on practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by xCoachDx; 07-28-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: I'm still playing NCAA 14 - question

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
From what I’ve seen, running can be too easy at times due to the lack of gap responsibility by LB’s. They just run all over the place as they are tied to a specific blocker for some reason. Seems like a crapshoot as to whether or not a play will work. As for controlling the ball carrier, I hear it takes some hands on practice.

For 19 "RPM" and the one cut mechanic on the sprint button are going to take time to adjust to. the one cut destroys the popular "sprint burst" tactic
Old 07-28-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
From what I’ve seen, running can be too easy at times due to the lack of gap responsibility by LB’s. They just run all over the place as they are tied to a specific blocker for some reason (has been this way for years). Seems like a crapshoot as to whether or not a play will work. As for controlling the ball carrier, I hear it takes some hands on practice.

I don't use the controller. Coach mode only.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:10 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
I don't use the controller. Coach mode only.

Then I feel like it will be random. Depending on if the CPU feels like doing it’s job or not.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2018, 09:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Phantom Spaceman's Arena

Quote:

Is that correct?
I don't think that's necessarily correct. While I gotta say I don't have any experience with coach mode, I use sliders pretty much every year to get the ai defense to run the ball more realistically in my offline franchise. I know in the sliders section of this forum that at least one person is doing a cpu vs cpu slider set. I think you could probably find a solution should you run into problems.

All that said I would say it is also correct that the ai(in 18 at least, haven't played 19 yet) is pretty hit and miss on if it's going to be effective for the game. For me at least, sometimes they get nothing all game something's their unstoppable lol
Old 07-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #7
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

Quote:

Is that correct?
If You Have a Good RB You Will Get Productive Outings. I Hold Down Turbo The Entire Time and Look For The Opening In The Line.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Favorite Players Of All-Time: Derek Carr & Tom Brady
Old 07-29-2018, 10:33 PM   #8
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Running will be toned down a lot in sim compared to 18 and a LOT compared to NCAA 14

Of course it all depends on awareness and o-line quality

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »