Home

Madden 19 Gameplay Eagles Texans by QJB

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Gameplay Eagles Texans by QJB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden 19 Gameplay Eagles Texans by QJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I only watched the 1st quarter and a half. These are the things I notice and that stand out when I watch this video or any others for that matter. The cpu threw 5 interceptions in a quarter and a half yet the cpu QB AI was something they focused on. Yes, I know he played cheesy with baiting cpu into throws by backing off but still... Wentz scrambled left yet threw across his body 40-50 yards down the field. The cpu running back decides to do a juke in his end zone which results in a safety rather then put head down to make sure there is no safety. Another point in video the CPU go’s for a spin move in the middle of the field for no reason (cpu has always over used the spin move imo). Then there is the Cpu play calling and the same separation on man routes as years past... Then, what about the Super Bowl presentation pre game?

I honestly don’t want to complain or be Debbie downer, but it all sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I wish I didn’t look at it this way or see these things immediately. I think online and with sliders this game will be similar to years past and fun, but I think playing the CPU will not be a great experience again unfortunately and leaves a lot to be desired from my perspective...
I also noticed the separation on things like out routes and was bummed to see that in there. I was hoping MCV was going to be more viable in M19 than it is in M18 on those select routes that generate separation no matter the ratings of the defender. I believe the stems on certain routes aren't subject to the ACC/AGI/RR/MCV ratings in the way that other routes are, which explains why they behave differently.

I'm very curious to see if you and Sabo are forced this year to do your normal playbook thing or if the play calling is actually substantially improved for the CPU vs. HUM games. I'll be watching eagerly to hear from the folks who are interested in diving right into the playbooks and sharing a bit about how 3rd & Medium/Long, for example, are handled, and how much of the overall playbook is utilized in the newly revised game plans.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:46 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This merits watching.

A major consideration for me this year is whether the fixes made in this area are genuine fixes or not.

What raised my eyebrows was seeing Gun PA plays called on 3rd and 8 or more. Saw that very early in final build video.

It's too difficult for me to judge CPU playcalling from videos I've seen as of yet, since quarter length is so short that it may have an effect. However, I agree it merits watching for sure....
Old 07-30-2018, 03:56 PM   #11
Rookie

aceoye's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I only watched the 1st quarter and a half. These are the things I notice and that stand out when I watch this video or any others for that matter. The cpu threw 5 interceptions in a quarter and a half yet the cpu QB AI was something they focused on. Yes, I know he played cheesy with baiting cpu into throws by backing off but still... Wentz scrambled left yet threw across his body 40-50 yards down the field. The cpu running back decides to do a juke in his end zone which results in a safety rather then put head down to make sure there is no safety. Another point in video the CPU go’s for a spin move in the middle of the field for no reason (cpu has always over used the spin move imo). Then there is the Cpu play calling and the same separation on man routes as years past... Then, what about the Super Bowl presentation pre game?

I honestly don’t want to complain or be Debbie downer, but it all sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I wish I didn’t look at it this way or see these things immediately. I think online and with sliders this game will be similar to years past and fun, but I think playing the CPU will not be a great experience again unfortunately and leaves a lot to be desired from my perspective...
Regarding the spin move in open field. I think one of the reasons the CPU still does that is because ball carrier moves dont really do anything in Madden except trigger a scripted animated sequence of events. The CPU just wanted a possible animation but the criteria wasn't met to trigger anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2018, 04:12 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Holding out hope that CPU playcalling is different for Exhibition/CFM games.

I'm also baffled as to how that guy has 1.6 million subscribers. I really don't understand how that style of play is appealing to anyone, but clearly I'm not the target demographic.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-30-2018, 07:15 PM   #13
Rookie

Regarding AI playcalling, does anyone know if they addressed the CPU being urgent during appropriate situations?

I hate being up by 2 or more scores but the CPU won't run a hurry up offense until there's 2 mins left. Kinda ruins the experience.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:29 PM   #14
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceoye
This is something that will never happen in Madden.By design this game will not allow that.
I agree unfortunately thats the limitations at work there..I dont know maybe its just me but I dont see how playing the wr 12 yrds off completely uncovered the user intercepting the ball is fun..I dont get it and maybe thats my disconnect from Madden and whats considered fun..I would expect the AI to punish I would invite that as strategy checks..but again thats my disconnect to deal with..he is the exact representation of whats going on with madden..but again no disrespect to anyone but we are informed.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:31 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhmoon
Regarding AI playcalling, does anyone know if they addressed the CPU being urgent during appropriate situations?

I hate being up by 2 or more scores but the CPU won't run a hurry up offense until there's 2 mins left. Kinda ruins the experience.
The podcast I listened to addressed playcalling, but I've heard nothing about game/clock management decisions. Usually, sim style players will put up CPU vs CPU videos pretty quickly. I tend to pay a lot of attention to those for the very reason that you mentioned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2018, 07:31 PM   #16
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Holding out hope that CPU playcalling is different for Exhibition/CFM games.

I'm also baffled as to how that guy has 1.6 million subscribers. I really don't understand how that style of play is appealing to anyone, but clearly I'm not the target demographic.
Man you just read my mind..lol..great post..I know Im not the target demographic..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »