Home

Next Generation

This is a discussion on Next Generation within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13
Next Generation

I'm not sure if it makes sense to start this thread just yet, with Madden 19 not even officially out yet, but the talk of the next generation of home consoles is real and fingers are pointed to 2020.

We still have another year of Madden before they even hint at what Madden 2021 might be, but i figure we can start this to echo some of the stuff we would like to see in the first edition of the next generation madden game.

Off the bat, we know the graphics will improve; They've already reached a point of diminishing returns, so let's try to think of other features beyond just the simple look of the game. Madden 18 looks phenomenal, 2019 would look amazing as well if not for the lighting glitch they have to fix. My guess is frostbite will carry into the next generation of consoles if the new Battlefield game is any indication.

Physics and Animations!!!!!!! The game has gotten better with the mixture of both, but it needs much much more. I don't think going the complete physics way is the key, nor is going completely scripted with animations, the game has to find a way to add many more branching animations while keeping the physics based momentum going.

I would like to see individual fingers movement in the next gen. Yea it sounds somewhat ridiculous, but it can pave the way for real jostling between corners and receivers (also with catching the ball) and the offense and defensive lines.

Presentation!!!!!! This has taken such a backseat, they need to bring this to the forefront again. I want to see the medical staff come out when players get hurt and are laying on the ground. Didn't PS2 and Xbox Madden give us this!!!?

Challenges, not to beat a dead horse, but 2k5 had the perfect system for challenging plays and that was over 10 years ago. Give us a series of events we can challenge, going from the spotting of the ball, to a toe drag in the end zone to fumbles. Allow us to pick what we want to challenge.

What else do we want to see the developers focus on!? I'm pretty sure their already in the pre-planning phase for Madden 2021 knowing more powerful consoles are possibly coming. Let's throw some ideas out before they get beyond the planning phase!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 04:14 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Next Generation

Personally I want to see more weather options. I want to be able to choose between light, medium and heavy rain/snow fall. I want to have fog as a setting, with light, medium and heavy. As a kid I remember watching the Bears vs Eagles game when they played in very heavy fog. It was epic to watch. Also want to be able to choose the actual temperature with the correct weather animations. Blows my mind you can be playing in a snow game and see people on the sidelines in shorts and t-shirts.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #3
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Personally I want to see more weather options. I want to be able to choose between light, medium and heavy rain/snow fall. I want to have fog as a setting, with light, medium and heavy. As a kid I remember watching the Bears vs Eagles game when they played in very heavy fog. It was epic to watch. Also want to be able to choose the actual temperature with the correct weather animations. Blows my mind you can be playing in a snow game and see people on the sidelines in shorts and t-shirts.
Again, this is stuff Madden was doing back on the Ps2 and Xbox. Back then the only way to change the weather was to change the temperature, it was ahead of its time. I do agree about the snow and rain. I want to be able to choose from light, medium and heavy rain and the same with snow. Was it Madden 15 that had the very degradable fields? I want to see that return and I want snow to playing a bigger factor, cold weather effects a game as much as wind does. We do need more weather settings.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:40 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Sorry we're not going to do this right now in the middle of the release. Let's hold off on this discussion until an official announcement of the next gen.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »