Home

Madden 19 PC over xbox one X? Discussion please?

This is a discussion on Madden 19 PC over xbox one X? Discussion please? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2018, 04:23 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 PC over xbox one X? Discussion please?

You have 1080ti ...fastest video card on the planet... Yet don't have a 4k display???

Lock Madden in at 60 fps anyways I got it at 4k 60fps on a 1080...its not otpmiszed that well so better to limit it to 60 you don't need higher than 60 this isn't a FPS...

I've run into a slight problem. Like you... I have a 4k monitor with freesync.. But just upgraded to GTX 1080... Gsync card freesync monitor lol... All good now as I don't need more than 60 FPS.. My monitor is free sync from 39 to 75...from what I've seen with freesync and without really isn't that much of a difference unless you're running at 144khz.. Which I don't think even a 1080 Ti can run 4k at 144khz.. With a large 4K monitor... The larger you go the More pixels it has to push.. 27/28in 4k is perfect.

Enjoy Madden... Glad it's back on the P. C but honestly Madden hasn't been playable in my eyes since it jumped to the Xbox 360...this year has some solid improvement...but man so many bugs so Much clipping... You would think it was the first beta test for maybe April.. Not a final product.

Sent from my P027 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 08:10 AM   #26
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

FYI I was not looking for frame drops on PC....it was just that during the cut scenes while players are walking back to the huddle it would get choppy and I would check the FPS in the bottom corner and it was in the low thirties.

I backed the settings down to high on most things and MSAA back to 2x and the frame rate did stay up closer to 50 during cut scenes. I could hardly tell the difference graphically except some aliasing in the crowds and on the 3d logos at the beginning.

I got to play a few games on the Xbox One X and it seemed smoother during cut scenes. just didn't seem to ever slow down or "hitch" like on the PC. I am sure the Xbox One X version is running at a much lower quality than the ultra settings on PC but it wasn't really obvious.

One more comment. When I would go into the instant replay feature on the PC and play the replay I noticed the FPS dropped significantly. Like into the 20s. I tested this on the Xbox One X and while it did seem to not be 60FPS in the replay it seemed to be in the high 30s-40s. I am wondering if the PC version retains a much higher level of details in the replay mode than the Xbox one X?
Old 08-03-2018, 08:13 AM   #27
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I checked and on my PC it takes about 5 seconds from when I select the final settings until the fancy ea 3d logos begin to start the game presentation So I really only see one of the earliest tips before the game begins to load. I'll check how long this takes to load one Xbox one x with ssd later.

I did notice that when playing 4k with everything maxxed with 1080ti it still drops into the 30s and 40s during cutscenes. Hmm.
Load times on the Xbox One X from final selection until the game presentation starts was about 12 seconds. This is with external SSD.

Compare to PC with fast NVME drive of 5-6 seconds.

Not too big of a difference. In the past I remember waiting 30-60 seconds so I can live with either of these.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:19 AM   #28
Rookie

LovejoyOTF's Arena

OVR: 3

i mean that's twice as quick, but ok.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:03 AM   #29
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
i mean that's twice as quick, but ok.
I know but since it is just once at the start of the game I don't feel like 6 seconds extra is a lot. If this was a game where it had loading screens all throughout the game that 5-6 seconds would add up. To me it's not a deal breaker that makes the PC the obvious choice is all I am saying.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I know but since it is just once at the start of the game I don't feel like 6 seconds extra is a lot. If this was a game where it had loading screens all throughout the game that 5-6 seconds would add up. To me it's not a deal breaker that makes the PC the obvious choice is all I am saying.
Cmon fellas, a few seconds more is actually needed because the beers don't serve themselves!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #31
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

Online gaming: Console

Everything else: PC

There will eventually be insane mods to PC. College football, drafts, entire roster overhauls, etc. Loading screens are much faster on PC. Graphics are still better if you have everything maxed. Higher frame rate. It's just better overall.

BUT, if you are an online player, definitely go console. The PC community is always poor with online gaming. Especially cheaters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #32
Rookie

TrustTheProcess's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Cmon fellas, a few seconds more is actually needed because the beers don't serve themselves!!
That's why I have a mini fridge next to my "work station"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »