Home

How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2019, 08:01 AM   #849
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Nice signings, good to see Winston performing up to his draft status. You're pretty tight against the cap, though, so I hope your squad stays healthy -- if dudes start going down, you could be in bad shape.

I have high hopes for them IRL with Arians now as HC; I think Winston can be a good QB in the NFL, but he's got to get a coaching staff that believes in him as much as one he trusts.
Winston has potential in real life he just needs to be coached the right way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #850
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLASFan
Winston has potential in real life he just needs to be coached the right way

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
With two first round picks you may be over the cap with only 3 mil to spare.
Any player below 70 overall I don't resign. You can draft them and they are cheaper.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 01-14-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #851
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
With two first round picks you may be over the cap with only 3 mil to spare.
Any player below 70 overall I don't resign. You can draft them and they are cheaper.

Agree with this strategy -- late round picks are very valuable, 5th-7th, and rather easy to acquire by trading solid veterans to teams with needs at the position.

Rookie cost-control contracts are a god-send and it's easy to strip down and rebuild in just a season if you make the right trades and picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 09:36 AM   #852
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

After trying all slider sets from guys I know and trust, even trying coach mode, could not find consistent and good gameplay, that was fun.

I scrapped it all, and have gone full default except INT slider.

All pro sim
8 min qrt
Default sliders except INT 35/35
Default auto subs
Default speed, fatigue, and injury: so yes 10 in main, 40 in CFM.
Active Roster
Slow Sim and watch all special teams

FALCONS Coach Quinn CFM:

Coming off a tight loss to Eagles in 2017 playoffs, Coach Quinn seat is getting hotter for 2018. Offense needs to produce and Defense needs to be consistent. No time to work through kinks as the Falcons open up against Superbowl Champion Eagles. Eagles jumped out to a early lead; even with 2 Wentz INT in first half, 17-3.
After a "wake up" half time speech, Falcons found some more consistent play on both sides of ball to get themselves back into game 17-6, until the game changing play happened. Ryan rolling out to right to hit Julio crossing, WACK, sacked for the 4th time and fumbled, scoop and score for Eagles, 24-6. Ryan rebounded with the help of Jones and Ridley in 4th quarter and the Defense getting 2-3 and outs. 27-21 Eagles. Falcons had one more chance with 1:30 left, but Ryan had been knocked out of game on last scoring drive, so Schaub was in, Enough Said.
Final: Eagles 27 Falcons 21
Pics for your stat loving pleasure,
20190114_214249.jpg20190114_214258.jpg20190114_214309.jpg20190114_214318.jpg20190114_214330.jpg

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden 19 - Falcons year 1
FIFA 19 - Las Palmas year 1
Show 18 - Braves year 2
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
NBA 2K19 - Hawks year 1
Old 01-15-2019, 09:58 AM   #853
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

We are dominant at home and our defense plays the best game since I became the HC back in 2018. We destroy Andrew Luck and the Colts, 34-3 and are now 3-1.

I blocked two field goals in this game, first time I've ever done that as I usually dive too early.

Rosen throws 4 TD's and 0 INT's. We have so many weapons and get contributions from everyone.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:27 AM   #854
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Season 2025 is underway.

First game for the LV Chargers is at Super Bowl winner NY Giants and we get Stomped! Lost my QB on the second play of the game on a 5 yard scramble for 7 weeks. Backup played well but was sacked 5 times and we couldn't stop Barkley or Mayfield as we went down 52- 31

SD Aftershocks win easily at home vs Seattle 34-7. QB Randall Murray had a great day with 4 TDs for 280 yards and Christian Kirk had over 100 and 2 TDs.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 01-15-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #855
Rookie

So I was up this morning pretty early and I decided to pop in Madden and give it another go, this time I decided to go the CPU vs CPU route with Malibu's coach mode sliders. I figure why not take my pretty lousy stick skills out of the equation and just worry about rebuilding the Giants. I let the season opener run while I was cleaning up. And let me tell you, Eli is a MAJOR liability. His arm strength is pretty subpar and his accuracy is pretty spotty. Doesn't help that his oline is trash, there were so many holding and false start penalties (mainly by the Rookie Hernandez)... Eli had 2 picks, a field goal was blocked... We had something like 12 penalties for over 100 yards and our defense made Blake freaking Bottles and Dede Westbrook look like Tom Brady and Randy Moss reincarnated. Didn't help that we were missing Landon Collins on the back end as well as Ogletree, my best cover linebacker. We got torched over the top so many times. The few bright spots were Odell (who was knocked out of the game in the third quarter), Sterling Shepard (20 yards per catch), Saquon Barkley (started slow in the first half, came up huge in the second) and Evan Engram (he was the one player that Jacksonville had no answer for)

The final score was 37-20 for the Jags and it would have looked even uglier if not for a Garbage time touchdown thrown by Lauletta (Eli was knocked out of the game with 3 minutes left... Next up is the cowboys... That will probably be even uglier if we play as sloppy as we did against the Jags
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2019, 07:38 PM   #856
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

I'm not going to post about every game I play but wanted to add week 2 here.

Week two started with the Chargers at Tennessee. Going with my 2nd year backup it was a back and forth tough game. Tennessee runs a lot and took half the first quarter to score to go up 7-0. By the time I got my first TD, it was then 10-7, Titans.

I ended up taking the lead 25-19 late and they got a TD to go up 26-25. I got the the ball with under a minute, drove to the 39 with 16 seconds and wanted to get closer so I called a slant and got 7 yards to make it a 49 yarder with 10 seconds and ellected to let the clock run down to 4.
I got iced, which I hate because their icing system sucks. Bad angle, no way to line up your accuracy, you just guess. Well i missed it and lost 26-25. Chargers now 0-2.

Aftershocks were at home vs TB Bucs who were a playoff team last season. Well geez,....they just stomped me. I had 6 turnovers. 3 INTs by super LBs and lost three fumbles, one by my QB and two after catches.
They ran the ball 37 times and didn't get good YPC, it was under 4 but on third and short they seemed to always convert. I think they also had six sacks on me.

Final was 47-17. Shocks now 1-1.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 01-15-2019 at 11:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »