Home

How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2018, 09:19 AM   #25
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicBeard52
I have not! Just been trying to get as much in-game action as possible during the trial. Still not sure if I’ll buy the game on release day yet. They have made some promising additions this year. I love that they finally added some positions on the depth chart for powerback, slot corner, and pass rushing defensive ends and tackles.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah I agree about the whole depth chart addition. Been needing that for years so glad it’s finally in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 10:57 AM   #26
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Currently sitting at 6-2 through the first half of the season with the Broncos. I signed Dez and Julius Thomas in the off-season to try and get more weapons for Keenum to work with. After a hot start, our offense has cooled off considerably the last few games. I've won both, but scored only 19 in 1, and 13 in the other. The defense has really stepped up lately and has risen to #4 overall in the NFL.

Chris Harris Jr has an interception in 4 straight games, and now has 6 on the season.

I made a trade fro Bo Scarborough recently to try and help out my running game. I have 3 RBs currently on IR, and had no luck with Devonte Booker running the ball. In the 1 game I had Bo, he ran for 112 yards, so it's a nice improvement.

I also have my LT, and my LG, and my C out for 4 weeks, so that could be part of why the passing game has started struggling all of a sudden. Guys just aren't getting open like they were.

Happy to be at 6-2. This is really just my test franchise that I'm playing with until a good slider set is out. I am stopping the CPU running game way to easy I feel. I think in our game vs Gurley and the Rams, he had 12 carries for 3 yards, and that was after being negative most of the game. We just played the Cardinals and gave up the most rushing yards of the season so far to David Johnson, who had 23 carries for 21 yards.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #27
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Am going to start a new franchise once the custom roster I use is ready so in the mean time I started a Bucs franchise. First game against the Saints and was terrible as Brees threw for 300 yards and Ingram had 80 yards rushing. We were able to at least pick Brees off twice. Winston was moving the ball down the field on the first drive but got injured when he got hit after throwing the ball and is out for 6 weeks. Fitz came in and the offense couldn't get anything going and Fitz's 5 INT's didn't help. Final score in that game was Saints 26 Bucs 3.

Before the next game at home against the Eagles we decided to bring in another QB so we signed Yates. The Eagles were able to run the ball a little better than the Saints as Ajayi and Sproles combined for 100 yards on the ground although Sproles did fumble the ball twice but the rain could of had a factor in that. The Bucs defense played better this game as we were able to contain Wentz and hold the Eagles to just 12 points. Our offense was a little better this week and a big reason why was because we didn't throw 5 INT's. Final score ended up being 12-6 and a Eagles win.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #28
Rookie

Are the sim stats screwy? I saw a youtuber doing a Ravens franchise and he started Lamar and he finished the first season with like 14 total rushing attempts, which obviously isn't realistic.

I know archetypes are going to play a role, bu that just seems crazy.

Makes me really nervous. I normally play my games, but I want to see computer teams with normal stats.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #29
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Away from the game right now, but I know that my Cowboys are in the NFC Championship with the Green Bay Packers.

Washington ended up second in the NFC E at 10-6, and the Eagles missed the playoffs with (I think?) an 8-8 record. Despite having no major injuries at all key positions, the Eagles stunk it up in Madden. That actually kind of concerns me that this will be like previous Maddens--that the quality of a roster really doesn't matter and that most of the game results are random happenstance.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:23 AM   #30
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacks17
Are the sim stats screwy? I saw a youtuber doing a Ravens franchise and he started Lamar and he finished the first season with like 14 total rushing attempts, which obviously isn't realistic.

I know archetypes are going to play a role, bu that just seems crazy.

Makes me really nervous. I normally play my games, but I want to see computer teams with normal stats.
The QB rushing stats need to be improved. Hopefully the devs can find a way to improve it.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:25 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
The QB rushing stats need to be improved. Hopefully the devs can find a way to improve it.
Cool. I went back and watched the video after I posted and most of the other stats look fine and except on the Ravens at least they had very few INT's despite having a lot in real life last year, but the youtuber didn't show the rest of the league so didnt know if they were low.

Man I can't wait for Friday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #32
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Anyone know if the new stadium in Inglewood LA is in Madden 19? I know it's not going to be done until 2020, but would still be cool to have it in game.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »