Home

How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #545
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Here’s a presentation I’ve done of my new franchise where I’m trying to take an “expansion” franchise to glory as their GM. Check it out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y2H...dmZ9bJ3fC/view

Let me know who you think I should draft: the QB Nicholson, CB Ellis or the LT West.
It really depends on what you like under center. He has like no mobility at all but if thats not something you care about, he is the best choice imho. If he has S or SS dev, you could develop him well behind Tyrod without letting him get beat up. Then youll have a good starter in one or two years. And who cares if you spend that much on two QBs? You have enough money.

The Tackle doesnt seem like a good choice to me. Too old, not good enough, too high of a chance to draft a bust. I like the CB though, but not at one. So my decision would be: Nicholson (if you like him), or trade down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 06:59 PM   #546
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Time to go in to tank mode to grab your next franchise QB in the first round. Then you would have a core of a 1st rd QB, Saquon Barkley, and OBJ to build around. I've actually been thinking about starting a CFM with the Giants because. I want to start a new one with a team that has some young pieces but need a QB so I can draft one and build around them.

Haha you are right! Tanking mode is what I’m aiming for. Right now I’m on track to get the second overall pick since Broncos decided to be 0-10 right now haha. Picking my next franchise QB will be tough. I’m using a generated draft class and this class is full of QB talent so it’ll be fun. Hoping I don’t pick that one QB who isn’t that great haha.

twitch.tv/mvpeterson2828
Old 10-19-2018, 12:50 AM   #547
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm a huge Pats fan and wanted to play them this year but I just can't enjoy it. I get too wrapped up in expecting certain guys to perform and put up certain stats. So instead I just started up a 49ers franchise to see if I can make Jimmy G a champ.

First game was a lopsided loss to Minnesota. Couldn't run the ball at all and Jimmy struggled. Threw for 300+ yards but 2 INT and a single TD. 3 turnovers while MIN didn't have any, plus a bunch of penalties. Both teams had a number of sacks but I still couldn't slow down Cousins and Diggs (175 yards, NFC Offensive Player of the Week).

Second game we got our revenge on the 1-0 Lions. Jimmy G threw for 300+ again and a bunch of it came in the 2nd half. No turnovers today and we forced 4 (2 INT, 2 FUM) so that was a big difference. Still it was a one-score game throughout the 4th. With about 8 minutes left we noticed Goodwin 1-on-1 on the outside as the Lions were stacking to stop the run (we ran the ball a lot). Audibled and he outran his man, making the catch in stride and narrowing avoiding the shoestring tackle for a 75-yard TD. Detroit scored to bring it back to a one-possession game but we closed it out with a 4-minute drive of nothing but runs... 34-26

After 2 weeks Jimmy G is completing 64% of his passes for 590 yards, 3 TD and 2 INT. Breida has struggled with 125 yards (3.0 avg) but Morris has been effective with 75 yards (5.0 avg). In the passing game Goodwin has been an absolute stud, racking up 221 yards over the first 2 games (1 TD). Rookie Dante Pettis has 7 receptions for 90 yards and caught his first TD against MIN.

Next up are the 1-1 Chiefs who are averaging 30.5 PPG. 49ers have given up the most yards through 2 games. Going to be a tough one.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:14 AM   #548
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmemole
Thats more effort than Ive ever put in any academic work. I havent read it yet, but wow
Thanks to Daddyleagues, recap wizard and my scouting tool, it only took me about 2-3 hours to make!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I wouldn't be able to resist a 21 year old strong arm qb that good. I am a pocket guy. I would have signed Alex Smith for a year ahead of tyrod for 2 at a lot less money in anticipation of this guy. The corner looks really good also, a potential hall of famer. But, you have 3 good starters at corner so i would pass. In my franchise mike hilton made it to the hall. Once i got fired from the steelers i signed him for two years with the chiefs and he played the slot well into old age. Two defensive back of the year awards. Great work as always.
Yeah I could have signed Smith but didn’t want to sign ex-Skins players.

Cool, yeah the QB looks good. I’ve got one of my premonitions that he’ll have star/ss dev as well. But I’ve been wrong before lol.

Quote:
It really depends on what you like under center. He has like no mobility at all but if thats not something you care about, he is the best choice imho. If he has S or SS dev, you could develop him well behind Tyrod without letting him get beat up. Then youll have a good starter in one or two years. And who cares if you spend that much on two QBs? You have enough money.

The Tackle doesnt seem like a good choice to me. Too old, not good enough, too high of a chance to draft a bust. I like the CB though, but not at one. So my decision would be: Nicholson (if you like him), or trade down.

Yeah good point RE trading down but I decided I’m picking here as it’s not realistic for teams to trade down in real life unless they have some dire need and there’s a single outstanding prospect (which I’m not sure is the case here).

That’s also a good point about sitting him behind Tyrod and letting Tyrod get pulverised behind my terrible line. I keep forgetting you can sit QBs this year as OROY doesn’t give anywhere near as much XP and they won’t lose dev after their rookie year. Food for thought, thanks.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 10-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #549
Rookie

Well, i give up on the season. I'm 2-4, but more importantly I came to the conclusion that I cant win anything with this offense. Ryan Finley was benched and replaced by Foles in Week 6. Foles did way better but was sacked 11 times by the Jaguars. This O-Line...

So Im in tanking mode now. I decided to trade TE Hayden Hurst and LOLB Mathew Judon. Both were selected to the Pro Bowl twice in the past three years and played very well. But they get older and Im not in win now mode anymore so I wanted to grab some picks out of it while giving them a chance to win.

Judon went to the 5-1 Giants to bolster their defense. They get a premier pass rusher, who recorded 6.5 sacks in the first six games, I get a 2nd and a 5th rounder in the next draft. Hurst joins the struggling Saints (3-3) to give their young QB a reliable target next to Thomas and Kamara. I got a third rounder out of it.

That gives me 10 picks in the next draft, including two firsts and two seconds. Theyre badly needed to cover some great needs (QB, O-Line).
Old 10-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #550
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Well, i give up on the season. I'm 2-4, but more importantly I came to the conclusion that I cant win anything with this offense. Ryan Finley was benched and replaced by Foles in Week 6. Foles did way better but was sacked 11 times by the Jaguars. This O-Line...

So Im in tanking mode now. I decided to trade TE Hayden Hurst and LOLB Mathew Judon. Both were selected to the Pro Bowl twice in the past three years and played very well. But they get older and Im not in win now mode anymore so I wanted to grab some picks out of it while giving them a chance to win.

Judon went to the 5-1 Giants to bolster their defense. They get a premier pass rusher, who recorded 6.5 sacks in the first six games, I get a 2nd and a 5th rounder in the next draft. Hurst joins the struggling Saints (3-3) to give their young QB a reliable target next to Thomas and Kamara. I got a third rounder out of it.

That gives me 10 picks in the next draft, including two firsts and two seconds. Theyre badly needed to cover some great needs (QB, O-Line).
Lol.....Lamar don't sound too bad right now. I have noticed some rookies don't play as well as say a second year player with close to the same ratings. My second year MLB is playing alot better than the rookie I drafted to replace him. They are close in ratings with the rookie being slightly higher but is a quick developer instead of normal like the other one.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 10-19-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #551
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Lol.....Lamar don't sound too bad right now. I have noticed some rookies don't play as well as say a second year player with close to the same ratings. My second year MLB is playing alot better than the rookie I drafted to replace him. They are close in ratings with the rookie being slightly higher but is a quick developer instead of normal like the other one.
I still dont regret trading him. Better than signing him to a huge contract. The Chargers struggled a lot early, but Lamar is going strong now. They won the last 4 games and are 4-3. He has 2000 Yards, 15 TDs and just 5 Ints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2018, 06:23 PM   #552
Rookie

How's your Franchise going? - Madden 19 Edition

5 games into year one of my Jaguars franchise I am currently 2-3 but could easily be 5-0.
I lost 24-25 to the Patriots. Brady doing his thing in the 4th was just unstoppable.
The week later another tough loss with 16-19 to the Titans on game winning FG.
To finish up my close losses I lost in week 4 17-20 in overtime to the Jets after they first blocked a punt with seconds to go in the regular time - Of course they used this to score a TD plus 2-Pt-conversion to send the game into overtime in the first place. In OT then they blocked my FG for the win just to kick their own one shortly after to win the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »