Home

lets be real here is Madden Anti-consumer???

This is a discussion on lets be real here is Madden Anti-consumer??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 11:18 PM   #17
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: lets be real here is Madden Anti-consumer???

i have not played the game yet

i only got it because of custom draft classes

i used to blame ea but i blame the NFL and NFLPA

and to ea credit its a sound game on the field
comped to 2k VC ea $$ grab is minor

its getting there but the NFL will hold the gamer back unless they ease up all the rules no create a team wanting everyone on a 50-99 scale when the way the NFL scouts grade is

Numerical Grade Summary Description Verbose Description PowerHouse Grade
9.0 Rare; Elite Immediate starter; rare prospect w/ rare physical attributes; instantly one of best in NFL R1+/R1
8.5-8.9 Immediate starter; physical attributes to create mismatches; will become one of best in NFL
8.0-8.4 Immediate starter; physical mismatch vs. most opponents; will be a featured player on his team
7.5-7.9 Exceptional; Impact Becomes a starter as a rookie; physical mismatch vs. most opponents; will be a featured player on his team R1-/R2+
7.0-7.4 Outstanding; Starter Becomes a starter as a rookie; solid NFL player with no major weaknesses to exploit R2/R2-
6.9 Excellent; Potential Start Contributes as a rookie, starts second year R3
6.8 Contributes as a rookie; starts eventually
6.7 Contributes as a rookie; impactful sub/situational player
6.6 Physical tools to start, but has a limitation to overcome; boom or bust
6.5 Tools to start, but deficient in a way that he should overcome
6.4 Very Good; Solid Backup Tools to start, but deficient in a way that will be difficult to overcome R4 , R5
6.3 Tools deficient in a way that cannot be overcome, but may become a starter anyway
6.2 Lacks physical tools to start, but should make an impact as a sub/situational contributor
6.1 Tools to start, but will require significant development at pro level
6.0 Tools to start, but has not played to potential; boom or bust
Good; Chance Make Tools to contribute as a backup; should be able to overcome deficiencies
R6, R7, PFA
5.8 Tools to contribute as a backup; will struggle to overcome deficiencies
5.7 Tools to contribute as a backup; cannot overcome deficiencies
5.6 Free agent with speed, character, and competitiveness
5.5 Free agent with athletic ability, character, and competitiveness
5.4 Above Average / Developmental Free agent with size, character, and competitiveness PFA
5.3 Free agent at a high level of competition with size, speed, or athletic ability
5.2 Free agent with size or speed
5.1 Free agent with character and competitiveness
5.0 Camp body
4.0-4.9 Average / Below Average Lacks the qualities/attributes required for pro football FA

"
Grade Round Ourlads Description PowerHouse Grade
9.99-9.00 1 First-year starter (except QBs); talent to contribute early; impact player R1+/R1, R1-/R2+
8.99-8.00 2 Eventual starter; probable first-year starter; minimal development time R1-/R2+, R2/R2-
7.99-7.00 3 Good backup; upgrades marginal starter; eventual starter with development time R3
6.99-6.00 4 Solid backup; ascending skills & production; good upside based on measurables; needs development time R4
5.99-5.00 5 Upgrades marginal backup; moderate deficiency in skill; developmental size/speed prospect; consistent producer R5
4.99-4.00 6 Upgrades roster depth; deficient measurables or size/speed prospect with inconsistent skills/production R6
3.99-3.50 7 Upgrades size/speed at position of need; borderline pro skills; has a chance to develop R7
3.49-3.00 PFA Developmental prospect with draftable qualities PFA
2.99-2.50 FA Free agent with height, weight, speed, or another special asset FA
2.49-2.00 Camp Emergency player for camp NR

my point is Offline give the user more power ea has done a nice job the last 3 years
now its the NFL turn to help EA build on the last 3 years

because yes u are the only Pro football game but with axis and maxium making football games OOTP around nba2k and the show unless the nfl adaps the younger gen will go toward 2k and others

and in 10-15 years we might be saying ready for ?
Old 08-03-2018, 07:48 AM   #18
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
i have not played the game yet

i only got it because of custom draft classes

i used to blame ea but i blame the NFL and NFLPA

and to ea credit its a sound game on the field

comped to 2k VC ea $$ grab is minor

its getting there but the NFL will hold the gamer back unless they ease up all the rules no create a team wanting everyone on a 50-99 scale when the way the NFL scouts grade is

Numerical GradeSummary DescriptionVerbose DescriptionPowerHouse Grade

9.0Rare; EliteImmediate starter; rare prospect w/ rare physical attributes; instantly one of best in NFLR1+/R1

8.5-8.9Immediate starter; physical attributes to create mismatches; will become one of best in NFL

8.0-8.4Immediate starter; physical mismatch vs. most opponents; will be a featured player on his team

7.5-7.9Exceptional; ImpactBecomes a starter as a rookie; physical mismatch vs. most opponents; will be a featured player on his teamR1-/R2+

7.0-7.4Outstanding; StarterBecomes a starter as a rookie; solid NFL player with no major weaknesses to exploitR2/R2-

6.9 Excellent; Potential Start Contributes as a rookie, starts second year R3

6.8Contributes as a rookie; starts eventually

6.7Contributes as a rookie; impactful sub/situational player

6.6Physical tools to start, but has a limitation to overcome; boom or bust

6.5Tools to start, but deficient in a way that he should overcome

6.4 Very Good; Solid Backup Tools to start, but deficient in a way that will be difficult to overcome R4 , R5

6.3Tools deficient in a way that cannot be overcome, but may become a starter anyway

6.2Lacks physical tools to start, but should make an impact as a sub/situational contributor

6.1Tools to start, but will require significant development at pro level

6.0Tools to start, but has not played to potential; boom or bust

Good; Chance Make Tools to contribute as a backup; should be able to overcome deficiencies

R6, R7, PFA

5.8Tools to contribute as a backup; will struggle to overcome deficiencies

5.7Tools to contribute as a backup; cannot overcome deficiencies

5.6Free agent with speed, character, and competitiveness

5.5Free agent with athletic ability, character, and competitiveness

5.4 Above Average / DevelopmentalFree agent with size, character, and competitivenessPFA

5.3Free agent at a high level of competition with size, speed, or athletic ability

5.2Free agent with size or speed

5.1Free agent with character and competitiveness

5.0Camp body

4.0-4.9Average / Below AverageLacks the qualities/attributes required for pro footballFA

"

GradeRoundOurlads DescriptionPowerHouse Grade

9.99-9.001First-year starter (except QBs); talent to contribute early; impact playerR1+/R1, R1-/R2+

8.99-8.002Eventual starter; probable first-year starter; minimal development timeR1-/R2+, R2/R2-

7.99-7.003Good backup; upgrades marginal starter; eventual starter with development timeR3

6.99-6.004Solid backup; ascending skills & production; good upside based on measurables; needs development timeR4

5.99-5.005Upgrades marginal backup; moderate deficiency in skill; developmental size/speed prospect; consistent producerR5

4.99-4.006Upgrades roster depth; deficient measurables or size/speed prospect with inconsistent skills/productionR6

3.99-3.507Upgrades size/speed at position of need; borderline pro skills; has a chance to developR7

3.49-3.00PFADevelopmental prospect with draftable qualitiesPFA

2.99-2.50FAFree agent with height, weight, speed, or another special assetFA

2.49-2.00CampEmergency player for campNR

my point is Offline give the user more power ea has done a nice job the last 3 years

now its the NFL turn to help EA build on the last 3 years

because yes u are the only Pro football game but with axis and maxium making football games OOTP around nba2k and the show unless the nfl adaps the younger gen will go toward 2k and others

and in 10-15 years we might be saying ready for ?

This 100%

To add, 2k (take2) has more resources (since fewer games are made) to focus on something they have decided to make a priority, with the support of a more progressive league (NBA) in a worldwide sport (basketball).

What I’m starting to blame EA for is the bang for buck priority decision making than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-03-2018, 08:12 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Madden is not anti-consumer...but I think what the point was is a valid one, if I understand the OP correctly, in that EA may not be as responsive as we'd like.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 08-03-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #20
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
After reading the 2k blog I can't help but feel sick to my stomach that CFM is what we have to deal with in the ONLY football game on the market.
100% Right here

As for the OP. I think the wording is off a bit. Ea is not "anti -consumer" because clearly there are a ton of people who love MUT and love spending $100s every year on player cards (still can figure out why). That is the consumers they care about and do the most for. So you can not say they are anit- consumer in that sense really.

You could say though they are franchise lackadaisical . But lets just be honest ( not a bash, just some facts) , they know this is the ONLY NFL game , there is 0 competition for them. Thus they know , NFL fans , who want to play a NFL Franchise style game, this is your ONLY choice. The suits know this and know , they are getting garuanteed sales from that every year. So they fund CFM just enough to drip feed a few things each year. And i mean a few ( outside tuning every year) . At the same time, they dont mind taking resources from Franchise for other things, including other games ( which are still going to fail for the reason of not funding franchise mode against a very stiff competition) .

The excuse of "short dev cycle" has been literally crushed by 2K . Just look at what their team did in a year vs ( pick any of the last decade) years for CFM/franchise has gotten.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#731b6a1c55bf

This is what CAN be done in a years time. When you have competition trying to cut into your sales. EA has more than enough money to do this, they just choose not to because they dont have to. Thats just how it is sadly. It really made me sick reading that 2k post . Just thinking what we could get , but dont . Just get excuses every year instead .

Again its not to bash ea devs. I just highly dislike and disagree with the suits descion making. 2K outsells ( not the only NBA game) the only NFL video game by alot . Why? I strongly believe it has to do with franchise being deep and now even the online is. So people can no longer say , well its only deep offline. I really really wish EA would just step up to the plate. Im sure the devs would love for those above them to fund them more and let them do this sort of thing. But reality is , why would they? They profiting 100s of millions as is every year off MUT. Sad , just sad.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-03-2018, 10:07 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

I got a free copy of the game like I do every year. I wasn't impressed by anything the graphics, the player movement, the lifeless crowd and I can go on and on.

But what got me was the blatant racism. EA put a song on the game called ("Big bank" by Nicki Minaj, YG and Lil Shawn). The song has Colin Kaepernick's name in it but EA scrubbed his name out of the song. Why add the song only to bleep his name out because he stood up for police brutality.

Thats a slap in the face.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 10:13 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
100% Right here

As for the OP. I think the wording is off a bit. Ea is not "anti -consumer" because clearly there are a ton of people who love MUT and love spending $100s every year on player cards (still can figure out why). That is the consumers they care about and do the most for. So you can not say they are anit- consumer in that sense really.

You could say though they are franchise lackadaisical . But lets just be honest ( not a bash, just some facts) , they know this is the ONLY NFL game , there is 0 competition for them. Thus they know , NFL fans , who want to play a NFL Franchise style game, this is your ONLY choice. The suits know this and know , they are getting garuanteed sales from that every year. So they fund CFM just enough to drip feed a few things each year. And i mean a few ( outside tuning every year) . At the same time, they dont mind taking resources from Franchise for other things, including other games ( which are still going to fail for the reason of not funding franchise mode against a very stiff competition) .

The excuse of "short dev cycle" has been literally crushed by 2K . Just look at what their team did in a year vs ( pick any of the last decade) years for CFM/franchise has gotten.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#731b6a1c55bf

This is what CAN be done in a years time. When you have competition trying to cut into your sales. EA has more than enough money to do this, they just choose not to because they dont have to. Thats just how it is sadly. It really made me sick reading that 2k post . Just thinking what we could get , but dont . Just get excuses every year instead .

Again its not to bash ea devs. I just highly dislike and disagree with the suits descion making. 2K outsells ( not the only NBA game) the only NFL video game by alot . Why? I strongly believe it has to do with franchise being deep and now even the online is. So people can no longer say , well its only deep offline. I really really wish EA would just step up to the plate. Im sure the devs would love for those above them to fund them more and let them do this sort of thing. But reality is , why would they? They profiting 100s of millions as is every year off MUT. Sad , just sad.
The key isn't to be mad about MUT, it's to hope that EA figures out a way to make money from franchise. That is why MUT is the focus, it makes money year round, a lot of it.

We had a thread here on OS about this very topic about 6 months ago with a lot of great ideas on how EA could monetize Franchise to help it become better.

And make no mistake, even if you are not down with paying extra money that would benefit everyone because the overall goal would be just to improve franchise as a whole to get people to play it, just as MUT now is improved and analyzed all the time and you can still play it without having to pay any further money.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmiles100
I got a free copy of the game like I do every year. I wasn't impressed by anything the graphics, the player movement, the lifeless crowd and I can go on and on.

But what got me was the blatant racism. EA put a song on the game called ("Big bank" by Nicki Minaj, YG and Lil Shawn). The song has Colin Kaepernick's name in it but EA scrubbed his name out of the song. Why add the song only to bleep his name out because he stood up for police brutality.

Thats a slap in the face.

Being discussed elsewhere.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:39 AM   #24
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
The key isn't to be mad about MUT, it's to hope that EA figures out a way to make money from franchise. That is why MUT is the focus, it makes money year round, a lot of it.

We had a thread here on OS about this very topic about 6 months ago with a lot of great ideas on how EA could monetize Franchise to help it become better.

And make no mistake, even if you are not down with paying extra money that would benefit everyone because the overall goal would be just to improve franchise as a whole to get people to play it, just as MUT now is improved and analyzed all the time and you can still play it without having to pay any further money.

That sounds all good and all, but Duece put up a very good video about this the other day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPlb4Hdeqs

I agree with his points on this, as well as , what proof is there they would add a lot more each year if they implimented this? They already make 100s of millions a year off MUT on top of profits from sales, and thats not enough to put more into franchise?

To me ,one who is about principals , I just cant sit here and say im ok with giving them even more millions , for them to maybe improve CFM with 4 major upgrades instead of 2-3 each year. They have the funds already to do more.

The other issue, that i feel gets overlooked a lot in this discussion is this:

Sure businesses are out to make money ( who does not know this ?) . However the way they work now in days is this - If they profit 10 million this year, next year they want 11-12, next year 13-15 , and so on. Its never enough profit and they always want more and more. So what may start out as simple 5$ dlc , will turn into 10. On top of that, who is to say a decent % of the extra they make from it will actually go back into actual features of improving CFM and not just spending that money on making new "fun" things to try to get more to buy DLC for it ? Will there actually be a balance? I kinda find it hard to believe as long as EA has no competition to be honest. Once we open that door, its no turning back , and thats the biggest danger imo.

If they just had competition , none of us would be talking anything about any of this. Because they would have to be imrpoving to stay on top. But since that is not the case, we are now reduceded to basically asking them to charge us more. As if 60$ isnt enough already for simply wanting to play franchise mode..... I just cant agree with it.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 08-03-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »