Home

lets be real here is Madden Anti-consumer???

This is a discussion on lets be real here is Madden Anti-consumer??? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 01:08 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: lets be real here is Madden Anti-consumer???

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Just look at what they did in a year ( without monetizing franchise i might add) . If they can do this , so CAN others and make money. That is my issue with this talk of madden " needing" to monetize franchise in order to improve it more. Thats just what EA wants people thinking so they finally cave and agree to it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#3f28e62755bf

I read this yesterday and ordered the $99 version. This is absolutely what bringing it looks like.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:16 PM   #58
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I'd like to see that as well, I'm not denying it's true but just would like to see how badly they are losing if it is
Whatever Madden is doing 4 or 5 million, NBA 2k is doubling their sales reaching the 10 million mark this year, 8 million last year.

Not only is it almost unthinkable since the past was in reverse for football and basketball gaming, but Madden isn't making the traction it should in a growing market.

They're definitely behind in sales by a long shot though. You can Google the best selling sports game of 2017 and see how well they ended last year off for example.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #59
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Sources to your assertions?
In NPD's year-end best-selling games list, NBA 2K18 was #2 and Madden NFL 18 was #4.

That doesn't necessarily mean "getting killed", and NPD doesn't release exact numbers anymore. Digital sales numbers are tougher to track anyway. It's a data point nevertheless.

I still have no idea why we should care how much money these companies are making.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #60
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
In NPD's year-end best-selling games list, NBA 2K18 was #2 and Madden NFL 18 was #4.

That doesn't necessarily mean "getting killed", and NPD doesn't release exact numbers anymore. Digital sales numbers are tougher to track anyway. It's a data point nevertheless.

I still have no idea why we should care how much money these companies are making.
They are definitely getting killed..... But I agree why does it matter in the long run? They're both h pretty much top. Of their sports genres.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Old 08-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
I read this yesterday and ordered the $99 version. This is absolutely what bringing it looks like.
wow, i'd never play the game because I'd be overwhelmed with adjusting everything, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
wow, i'd never play the game because I'd be overwhelmed with adjusting everything, LOL

I love being able to customize! I am not even a huge basketball fan but I always love the game.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:29 PM   #63
Rookie

TrustTheProcess's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Giving us the option shouldn't be that hard though.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #64
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

Thank you for the information. I agree, I don't know why people are debating the money a company makes, or may have, and then trying to determine where the money should be spent to better the game.

I have played NBA 2K17 and I enjoyed the custom player section and the custom options a lot. The overall gameplay, IMO, was no better or worse than Madden.

BUT - I love football. I am very biased towards football.

From a business perspective, I am not sure the structure either of the two companies is working under. I understand Tiburon is the development company which works under EA which is a publishing company. So EA publishes and thus controls the production of many games including the Battlefield series which DICE creates and is now competing with the usual Activision COD and now Fortnite. So I do not know priorities here. Maybe 2K is more focused on their sports series?

Anyway, I know the whole picture is much larger than EA being stingy or not caring. Companies do care. They just cannot please everyone all the time. I know there is a bunch of negative criticism on 2K games, also.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »