Home

Opening Day Rosters

This is a discussion on Opening Day Rosters within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5
Opening Day Rosters

Sorry if this has already been answered but I didn't see anything when I used the search.

Will this year's franchise mode allow us to finally start our first season with accurate opening week I rosters?

Or are we looking at the usual gymnastics required for those of us that want to play the 2018 season accurately -- at least from the start?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Opening Day Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabredj
Sorry if this has already been answered but I didn't see anything when I used the search.

Will this year's franchise mode allow us to finally start our first season with accurate opening week I rosters?

Or are we looking at the usual gymnastics required for those of us that want to play the 2018 season accurately -- at least from the start?
Wait until Day 1 of the regular season and use that roster update..?
Old 08-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
Rookie

Sabredj's Arena

OVR: 5

Previous Madden's make you play or sim the preseason and unless you do the 32 team control workaround -- which is painstaking and takes hours upon hours to do -- the AI controlled teams will make nonsensical cuts and roster moves that don't reflect week I rosters when the season starts if you don't do 32 team.

There used to be a "season mode" in the game that allowed you to play the current season for years, but as EA has done countless times they removed something that used to be in the game. I was hoping they finally implemented a way to start week I with a roster update that reflects the actual league that week or close to it.

I hate that you have to play "fantasy football" right off the bat, and pretty much every other sports title allows for more accurate rosters day one, without all the inconvenience.

Last edited by Sabredj; 08-04-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #4
Banned

ncbravesfan's Arena

I loved season mode. I知 only interested in playing the 2018 season so all that franchise stuff means nothing to me.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
Rookie

DoTheSankeyLeg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbravesfan
I loved season mode. I知 only interested in playing the 2018 season so all that franchise stuff means nothing to me.
Can't you do this in CFM? Just by setting everything you don't want to do to auto and just playing 1 season. Sorry if I sound ignorant but I don't really remember much about season mode.
Charlotte Hornets
Syracuse Orange
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

You値l have to just wait till Week 1 to use that roster. I see what you mean because a lot of 3rd-7th round rookies get cut when you池e simulating to Week 1 though. Only way around it is to edit the rookies to pump up their overall ratings a bit. I知 already planning on doing this because teams like the Bears, Browns, Jets, etc. will all take QBs in the first round after the first season.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:43 PM   #7
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockl3y
You値l have to just wait till Week 1 to use that roster. I see what you mean because a lot of 3rd-7th round rookies get cut when you池e simulating to Week 1 though. Only way around it is to edit the rookies to pump up their overall ratings a bit. I知 already planning on doing this because teams like the Bears, Browns, Jets, etc. will all take QBs in the first round after the first season.
I simmed a few season to look at draft picks. In all of them Trubisky was top 10-15 in passing and the Bears didn't take a QB in the draft. The Jets and Browns took QB's but it was usually in a later round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »