Home

Madden NFL 19 Title Update Available, Full Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Title Update Available, Full Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2018, 11:18 PM   #65
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 19 Launch Title Update Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
I've gone back to test out the new progression ratings.

It's nearly impossible to progress rookies. 4 games in, pretty good stats, and nobody has increased. How are these rookies in the 70s going to catch up and be decent players in the league? It's kind of ridiculous.

Isn’t that what they adjusted? Increased skill point progression rate for rookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 11:29 PM   #66
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Separating the whole 3 play styles from this, but this is why this was done;

They listened to feedback. There was an overwhelming response by the comp crowd to either get rid of, or speed up the QB animations. Now I agree this should be left alone on sim mode. Maybe they can't code it like that, I don't know. But if they can they definitely should.

The fact is, us sim guys are vastly outnumbered by the comp crowd. Just watch any Youtube video of Madden and its on comp.

This is how gaming is trending these days. Competitive gaming is growing at a huge rate and game companies have to keep up with that demand and that's why most games are going that direction. It's where the money is. MUT and all the other card collecting games in all other sports games are printing money for them. It only stands to reason they would start pouring more resources into those modes and less into franchise modes. MLB The Show is trending this way as well. DD is huge and it's basically their competitive mode. They didn't do much with franchise this year either.

It's sad for the sim guys, but we're a dying breed in sports gaming.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:33 PM   #67
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Isn’t that what they adjusted? Increased skill point progression rate for rookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless they edited the blog for grammar corrections since I read it, they did the opposite. They increased the XP cost of skill points for young players, meaning it's more difficult now for young players to progress than it was pre-update.

And it's not like rookies progressed well before the update to begin with.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:42 PM   #68
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Separating the whole 3 play styles from this, but this is why this was done;

They listened to feedback. There was an overwhelming response by the comp crowd to either get rid of, or speed up the QB animations. Now I agree this should be left alone on sim mode. Maybe they can't code it like that, I don't know. But if they can they definitely should.

The fact is, us sim guys are vastly outnumbered by the comp crowd. Just watch any Youtube video of Madden and its on comp.

This is how gaming is trending these days. Competitive gaming is growing at a huge rate and game companies have to keep up with that demand and that's why most games are going that direction. It's where the money is. MUT and all the other card collecting games in all other sports games are printing money for them. It only stands to reason they would start pouring more resources into those modes and less into franchise modes. MLB The Show is trending this way as well. DD is huge and it's basically their competitive mode. They didn't do much with franchise this year either.

It's sad for the sim guys, but we're a dying breed in sports gaming.
The three different play styles is great, but I guess im not really seeing the follow thru from what I thought they meant or were maybe capable of when it was first implemented.

Playing:
Old 08-03-2018, 11:48 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 0

Since they caved in to the competitive players with the speeding up of the pre-snap QB animations, we can expect them to nerf the defense now too. This was also one of the most upvoted complains on the beta forums.

The game will be ruined thanks to these clowns.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:57 PM   #70
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormVoltron
Since they caved in to the competitive players with the speeding up of the pre-snap QB animations, we can expect them to nerf the defense now too. This was also one of the most upvoted complains on the beta forums.

The game will be ruined thanks to these clowns.
Yep. Totally agree. But you do have to give them credit. It seems like they are really trying to build a realistic football game. They just keep having to nurf it because of the comp crowd.

One of two things will come out of this. They will actually utilize the three game styles and keep all this stuff in sim mode, or they will just say screw it, why bother trying to make a realistic football game when we just have to change it to appease a certain group every year.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:10 AM   #71
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm trying to think of all the things that have been nerfed in recent years by the comp. crowd that should have at least remained on sim mode.

1. Nerfing the new kick meter so less kicks were missed.

2. Nerfing the amount of penalties called because competitive players didn't like it.

3. Nerfing zone coverage because passing was "too hard".

4. Speeding up authentic QB audible animations because the comp. crowd can't call 23 audibles in 15 seconds at the line of scrimmage anymore.

Let me know if I missed any. Yet, the Sim crowd still can't get full coaching staffs, editable weather, retractable CFM roofs, functioning contract logic, a reworked free agency system, better CPU roster management logic when it comes to young QBs, or additional sliders for CFM specific items such as likelihood of a coach being fired, likelihood of relocation, salary cap growth, likelihood of star players leaving for free agency, trade frequency, etc.

Granted, I will say I love playing Madden, especially franchise. I'm a huge football fan. I'm thrilled with the additions of schemes, custom draft classes, player archetypes, additional QB cadences, RPM, the new halftime show, and snapshots. I think this is a big year for Madden. I also loved the addition of Frostbite in '18, the ball carrier moves in '17, the reworked receiving game in '16, and overhauled defensive controls in '15. Madden is on a nice upward trajectory.

But, the Sim additions that are made every year need to be consistently kept in place at least for sim players. A dev like Clint has the background knowledge of the NFL to explain to the comp crowd why these additions to the game need to stay and not be toned down as to properly represent the sport. It's understandable that Madden is just a game. I get that. But, these additions are not hard to adapt to as a player and actually make the game more competitive, maybe with the exception of penalty randomness as a viable complaint for comp guys. But when it comes to audibles, zone coverage, and kicking...to the comp crowd, here's how you respond to those items in a competitive yet authentic fashion

1. Master the kick meter

2. Make better pre snap reads than your opponent.

3. Choose a better play initially that way you don't have to audible as much. Or set custom audibles.

This isn't rocket science. It's just football.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2018, 12:23 AM   #72
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Sim nation, I am asking you for those that have a Twitter account, let's go back to a tweet from Clint 6 weeks ago about an article from OS.

A. Please retweet.

B. Please like or add more comments, the more the merrier.

When the going get's tough, ................ the tough get's going.

Neidemeyer, dead man, Wormer, dead man.

Who's with me.....

https://twitter.com/roadman10/status...91050226814977

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »