Home

Colors don’t pop anymore

This is a discussion on Colors don’t pop anymore within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2018, 08:16 AM   #1
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

OVR: 0
Colors don’t pop anymore

What happened in the update? The colors don’t pop anymore like they did on the beta????!!! This is rediculous EA!! Same old song and dance every year! Congrats to everybody that wanted the so called “lighting issue” fixed. Now the colors look like crap and the uniforms look bland and dull.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2018, 08:52 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Colors don’t pop anymore

I'm playing on the One X with HDR. I have to disagree. I don't know if it's necessarily right, but the numbers on the Bears uniform definitely jumped out at me that made me notice. I've never noticed it looking that bright before.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Im on the Xbox One X and the colors are amazing, but I dont think we have the update yet.

Playing:
Old 08-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
MVP

They have done nothing with the perceived lighting issue some people mentioned in another thread. I talked to a developer about it two days ago. This feels like a placebo effect to me.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:04 AM   #5
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They have done nothing with the perceived lighting issue some people mentioned in another thread. I talked to a developer about it two days ago. This feels like a placebo effect to me.
Agree. The uniforms look amazing. The colors pop. I notice colors a lot, it is one of my sensitive areas. The Raiders, for example, have suffered from having dull grey helmets in the past, as have the Cowboys at home, but in M19 they stand out and have an excellent shine and sparkle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Looks good to me, I have the update toos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2018, 10:49 AM   #7
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Ya I’m going back on what I said, I just restarted my game. It’s on Xbox one. It’s a night game with pats vs colts. Is their different variations on lighting in a night game based on weather overcast that we can’t see because of clouds? I’m still testing this out but the second game I started the game looked 10 times better, more bright and colors popped. I swear I’m not crazy or imagining things. The only difference is the second time I started the game as “play the moments”. The first time I tried to play a full game and the colors just looked washed. The red on the pats uniforms and face mask looked almost maroon, not bright red. The field grass looked dark and dull and the contrast was not great. Is there a difference in lighting depending on what mode you choose before a game?

I also noticed that if you choose play the moments on a 4:30 game. The game will actually turn to night by the second half as your simming along. (Not sure if it happens every time). If you choose to play a full game it still looks like it’s 4:30 during the fourth quarter? Is something messed up with the daylight progression on sim vs playing? Could this be effecting the lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-04-2018, 10:55 AM   #8
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

How the colors look will change in relation to indoor lighting, and I feel that certain indoor stadiums make uniforms look a little different than another stadium. Outside weather like cloudy, windy, and clear appears to affect how uniforms look, also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »