Home

Madden 19 Captain Star - On Field

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Captain Star - On Field within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2018, 05:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 Captain Star - On Field

Just don't set any captains. I love it, reminds me of NCAA.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #18
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaynNite
Just don't set any captains. I love it, reminds me of NCAA.
Thanks but in Play Now game mode, there is no option to not set captains.
Maybe it would be better for EA to not have the captain stars displayed in Play Now. It was probably never supposed to be this way, but knowing EA Tiburon they probably "forgot" or "didn't have enough time" for details. Smh

Last edited by CaptainFear; 10-04-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:07 AM   #19
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Don't bother me, but if I could turn it off, I probably ly would. There are more annoying things than that though, like the Gameplay, ghosting, how it says a player is injured but you see said named player injured getting up and running....to name a few

Last edited by Rayzaa; 10-05-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:27 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustADashOfDak
That really breaks the game for you? Like, I've seen some ridiculous critics about Madden ("the running animations are trash 0/10" being my favorite) but this takes the cake.
Yeah damn i mean EA has it faults and if people don't buy the game because of things like this then that is obviously up to the them, but man hard for EA to please people i guess
Old 10-05-2018, 11:46 AM   #21
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
Yeah damn i mean EA has it faults and if people don't buy the game because of things like this then that is obviously up to the them, but man hard for EA to please people i guess
Agree, how many millions of these do they sell? No way you will please everybody but I do get the star thing. I guess it's their way of letting us know that they have captains this year besides going in the roster to see no it.
I guess the OCD guys will suffer the most from things like this, ...like I said it don't bother me but if I could turn it off, I would.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 02:03 PM   #22
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Agree, how many millions of these do they sell? No way you will please everybody but I do get the star thing. I guess it's their way of letting us know that they have captains this year besides going in the roster to see no it.
I guess the OCD guys will suffer the most from things like this, ...like I said it don't bother me but if I could turn it off, I would.
I'm one of those OCD guys. There comes a point where you have to ask yourself how hard is it to do some of these "little things". There's too many including no option to turn off captain stars. At what point do you say, "yes, its a little thing, but geez it should also be an easy fix/option"

The disappearance of the pump up the crowd on defense, the captain stars, the Nike logo that literally is on top of the team logo on certain jerseys, the sideline players smh, the look at your head coach every other play, all the excess clipping, players freezing, etc etc I can go on and on. Time is not an issue for 2 reasons: 1. They can simply hire additional person/people who care to add/fix these details (and money is not an issue for EA) and 2. They have additional time anyways post release with patches.

Bottom line, this is a monopoly by EA and they have gotten too lazy and complacent. Personally, I'm a huge football fan and video games fan, this is the only NFL game available and I'm very passionate about it. It would be nice if EA Tiburon had people who are passionate about Madden NFL football as well.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:09 PM   #23
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Dammit.

It didn't piss me off until I saw this thread lol.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:37 PM   #24
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFear
I'm one of those OCD guys. There comes a point where you have to ask yourself how hard is it to do some of these "little things". There's too many including no option to turn off captain stars. At what point do you say, "yes, its a little thing, but geez it should also be an easy fix/option"

The disappearance of the pump up the crowd on defense, the captain stars, the Nike logo that literally is on top of the team logo on certain jerseys, the sideline players smh, the look at your head coach every other play, all the excess clipping, players freezing, etc etc I can go on and on. Time is not an issue for 2 reasons: 1. They can simply hire additional person/people who care to add/fix these details (and money is not an issue for EA) and 2. They have additional time anyways post release with patches.

Bottom line, this is a monopoly by EA and they have gotten too lazy and complacent. Personally, I'm a huge football fan and video games fan, this is the only NFL game available and I'm very passionate about it. It would be nice if EA Tiburon had people who are passionate about Madden NFL football as well.
When you mention the sideline players, are you talking about the weird little dance they do when they show the coach or how far and out of shape they look?
Los Angeles Dodgers
Oregon Ducks
Arsenal

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »