Home

Utter frustration as a Coach Mode player

This is a discussion on Utter frustration as a Coach Mode player within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 05:00 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Utter frustration as a Coach Mode player

Frustrated coach-mode player here. I just rented 19 again so I can try cpu vs cpu, but when I get to the screen where I need to move the controller icon to the middle, I can't move it. I'm sure it's user error, but can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Thanks.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #34
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nceditor
Frustrated coach-mode player here. I just rented 19 again so I can try cpu vs cpu, but when I get to the screen where I need to move the controller icon to the middle, I can't move it. I'm sure it's user error, but can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? Thanks.
In "play now " you do just move the controller to the centre , in CFM it requires to enter "super-sim" and select slow speed
Old 08-18-2018, 09:07 AM   #35
Just started!

I'm trying to play Coach Mode with the Ravens, so I thought it would be amusing to call some Read Options. The issue is that he keeps the ball every. single. time. It means that if one wants to run with the QB it's really only QB Sneak or QB Draw that work correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #36
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

Just give me head coach 09 with these graphics that's all I want and all I have wanted for 10 years....
Old 08-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 9

I prefer to use CPU vs CPU mode but for some reason atleast once a game, it will freeze on a kick off and ill have to restart. It always happens in cpu vs cpu only, never any other times. Anyone have that problem? Its super annoying
Old 08-18-2018, 02:11 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Coaching makes the game an even playing field where your strategies affect the outcome, not some "if I fake left, hit the x button then go right, TD!"
This is completely untrue because the AI uses static game plans which the user is at liberty to review prior to their games. Anyone who cared enough and had the know-how could probably deduce GTO play calling strategies within a few hours and the AI would never have a chance.

Even if you don't want to go that far it only takes a handful of games against a given playbook to figure out which plays the AI favors in any given situation, so anyone who is even remotely paying attention can approximate the optimal strategy.

Last edited by stinkubus; 08-18-2018 at 02:13 PM. Reason: added second paragraph
Old 08-18-2018, 02:31 PM   #39
Rookie

Hi folks....I finally broke down and bought an xbox x....

I actually can't find the coach mode setting...I just played a game where I had to control the QB and my lack of playing in that mode showed lol

anyone can help me out?

btw...there seemed to be a lot of turnovers...anyone else having this issue?
Old 08-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #40
Rookie

lowndsy's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
I prefer to use CPU vs CPU mode but for some reason atleast once a game, it will freeze on a kick off and ill have to restart. It always happens in cpu vs cpu only, never any other times. Anyone have that problem? Its super annoying

Yea this happens to me every 2 or 3 games but sometimes 2 or 3 times a game....

It has happened foe the last 2 editions and no patch as doesn't seem to be mentioned. Your not alone!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »