Home

M20 QB abilities not consistent with System

This is a discussion on M20 QB abilities not consistent with System within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2019, 07:21 AM   #1
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
M20 QB abilities not consistent with System

So the new X-Factor and Superstar abilities system for QBs is a great step. They are allowed up to 5 Superstar abilities at OVR caps of 60, 70, 80, 90 and 95ovr (So Superstar+ Rookies drafted can still develop abilities early). I'm still researching what Archetypes go into X-Factor (and attributes go into Superstar abilities) but the existing QBs are not consistent with the current system and some questions loom regarding whether or not regressing players lose abilities.

E.g. Ben Roethlisburger is 85ovr and X-factor Dev. He has 5 abilities list; Anchored Extender, Sleight of Hand, Homer, Last Ditch and Pro Reads. Under the Madden OVR Cap he shouldn't have the last two... when he regresses or if you use a Skill Point to go to 86ovr does he then lose the last 2 abilities? (When you edit a player OVR below a cap, the ability has a padlock shown over it but still lists the name and description).

E.g. Matt Ryan is 89ovr and Superstar Dev. He has 1 ability listed; Inside Deadeye. If you manage to get a skill point on him he then unlocks his 90ovr cap but is he then missing 2 out of 3 original ability slots for his OVR?

E.g. Aaron Rodgers is 90ovr and X-Factor Dev. He has 3 abilities listed; Pass Lead Elite, Dashing Deadeye and Roaming Deadeye. But what happened to his 4th ability for being 90ovr? Does he lose it anyway when he regresses too?

E.g. Brees is over 90ovr and Brady is over 95ovr, but if they don't retire and their attributes regress below the respective ovr caps, will Brees lose his 4th slot and Brady lose his 5th slot?

E.g. Mahomes is 97ovr and X-Factor Dev but doesn't have his 5th ability for being over 95ovr?

If you "reroll" the players you will get the correct amount of Superstar abilities BUT rerolling players (moving their position and then move back to QB) is risky as they will completely change their X-Factor and Superstar abilities to suit their Archetype and Attributes (Aaron Rodgers Gambler sounds quite useful...).

This is less of an issue for players at other positions as the Superstar Ability Cap is 80ovr and 90ovr and they're limited to 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: M20 QB abilities not consistent with System

I think I worked it out in a "aha...oh wait...I'm an idiot" moment....

Matt Ryan he starts with Inside Deadeye and Dashing Deadeye (I was wrong on his one listed ability) and once rerolled he gets Inside Deadeye and Conductor. I believe this is capped at 2 for Superstars at 60ovr and 70ovr and only X-factor players get 5 Superstar abilities at 60, 70, 80, 90 and 95ovr. If you get him to X-Factor he unlocks 5 slots (I got pro reads as x-factor and Homer on the 3rd ability slot).

Big Ben currently shows the padlock on his 4th and 5th ability in game.

I was mistaken on ARod, he has Sideline Deadeye as his current 4th active ability and he has Conductor listed as his 5th ability but there's a padlock on it as he's below 95ovr

Brees currently has Inside Deadeye as his 5th ability showing but there's a padlock on it. Typically I see Inside Deadeye earned as a Slot1 QB ability when earned or rerolled therefore I think a lot of the QBs are assigned Superstar Abilities to match their real playing style and not archetype and they are out of order of what's typically seen when developing players from scratch.

So I went to other Superstars such as Baker Mayfield, he has Roaming Deadeye as his 60ovr and Last Ditch as his 70ovr. If you change him to X-Factor he gains Clutch as his 80ovr and there's a padlock listed over Long Range Deadeye and Escape Artist as his 4th and 5th abilities respectively.

I think it's safe to assume the Padlock means they are not active (like when they regress) and that the Players in game allow you to foresee what's to come IF they have been programmed to have an ability by the Madden team.

For instance, HB Nick Chubb is 83ovr and you can see his 2nd ability will be Bulldozer but there's a padlock over it.

However, players that weren't intended to play a certain position (like moving Todd Gurley to QB) or drafted generated rookies weren't programmed with a set of Superstar and X-Factor abilities and therefore just show "Ability Slot - Unlocks at 85ovr), and does not show a padlocked prediction of what's to come when you level them up to the right OVR.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:57 PM   #3
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

How can you edit
Traits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2019, 06:15 PM   #4
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
How can you edit
Traits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't, but you can "reroll them" by changing position and back again.

If you wanted a particular ability on a qb, you could edit their attributes to fit a certain archetype (a passing improviser would get the Gambler x-factor), then change their position and back again to get the abilities, and then revert their attributes/archetype back to how they started.

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-05-2019, 07:58 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
You can't, but you can "reroll them" by changing position and back again.

If you wanted a particular ability on a qb, you could edit their attributes to fit a certain archetype (a passing improviser would get the Gambler x-factor), then change their position and back again to get the abilities, and then revert their attributes/archetype back to how they started.

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app
interesting so if i want to remove an enforcer trait for example, how i can do that? remove big hitter and lower some rating and change the position and revert back to the original position and it may get other abilities instead?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2019, 03:39 AM   #6
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
interesting so if i want to remove an enforcer trait for example, how i can do that? remove big hitter and lower some rating and change the position and revert back to the original position and it may get other abilities instead?

I've only worked through QB, HB, FB, OL, K, P at the moment for how abilities kick in, but that is essentially the method. So if you edit a LB with Enforcer into a more Pass Coverage Archetype (and presumably lower Hit Power, not checked though), and move them to another LB spot and back again, the Superstar abilities will reroll and then you can edit the player attributes back to how they were. Moving them in the future will cause the abilities to reroll to the existing archetype though (which is different to EAs current abilities, where a lot of them are "assigned").

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »