Home

Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
Is the xbox1x version worth upgrading to an X from PS4?
Absolutely.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
Is the xbox1x version worth upgrading to an X from PS4?
Maybe if you're not all about the variety of games and are more focused on visual upgrades over a PS4 and/or just focused on playing Madden. Is that just a base or Pro?
Old 08-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Maybe if you're not all about the variety of games and are more focused on visual upgrades over a PS4 and/or just focused on playing Madden. Is that just a base or Pro?
Doesn't really matter, it's a significant upgrade over both the base and the Pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 8

Going to try and break things down simply from my opinion.

Gameplay:

Running game - feels amazing. Cant wait for more signature styles

Passing game - The most fun I've had in a madden game. I love that the ball floats in the air longer. I feel the travel time is appropriate and when the ball is in the air, I sit there an wonder what the outcome will be. Instead of always knowing before hand like in previous versions.

Blocking - Im not a huge x's and o's guy but I do enjoy the run blocking. I feel animations need an overhaul but in terms of how things play out, it seems pretty realistic. I just think animations could be slowed down a little. In 2k games I actually felt pressure. In madden I feel chaos. I think slowing down animations would help in the department.

Linebacker play - extremely fun. Finally RPM makes a huge difference. You have to be smart this year. I wish there was a little more penalty for things such as over-pursing runners but they are on the right track. Keep adding more realistic swat animations and signature styles to really differentiate LBs and this will be over the top.

DB/WR play - love that man coverage is so tight this year. I find myself really thinking about how I want to throw a pass. High, low, lob. It all makes a difference. User skill seems to really be a factor in this years game because of how well coverage is done. I would like to see a little more hand to hand fighting on routes and better animations but I think its very close.

I think madden 19 is an amazing game and competes with other sports titles finally. What I think is still missing is the variablity from play to play. Id like to see a tad more penalties and challengeable plays. NHL does an amazing job of things just as high stick goals and kick ins. I feel madden can really focus on things such as guys stepping out of bounds, knees hitting the ground, catch vs non-catch, blatant holding calls missed, etc.

Presentation - Preplay animations might be the best thing added this year. I love that stuff. Keep focusing on those things and I think that is where people will really start to feel good about madden again. This year is solid but again, I think they can do better. It would be nice to really see a huge focus on post play animations next year.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #37
OS Supporter - 12/14/14

DELUS1ONAL's Arena

OVR: 4
Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
Amazon just told me my pre order of Madden 19 Hof edition will not be shipped until at least 8/10. They already charged me and will not refund me. Just wanted to post this as a heads up to others. Good luck

You could try chatting with support, they are usually pretty good about giving a credit. It’s worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by DELUS1ONAL; 08-07-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #38
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

This ain't your momma's Madden. Labbing, practicing, drilling. Really fun so far.

So far, IMO

You betta:

- learn to read defenses better and pick up lb blitzes
- lighten up on the play action if it's the wrong situation
- learn to stay in the pocket when warranted, especially for the roll-out happy
- think more carefully about all playcalling

Hits/collisions are great, somebody is taking a beating. Game is definitely darker (PS4), but I have no formal verdict. Haven't played in all situations.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 30

I hope the HDR is really about individuals' TV settings. I don't have the game yet but have heard plenty since EA Play of how the game looks dark as well as looking at screenshots and clips.

Madden 18 looked gorgeous on the Pro on my Bravia X900E but I tweaked, tweaked again, tweaked some more then tweaked one mo' gin since getting that TV last Black Friday. Each time, all my games looked better as I learned how to get more out of the visuals.

But, I thought Madden 18 on my previous Bravia 1080p looked fantastic before I got the 4KTV. That was on my Pro as well.

Anyway, I will await Friday after work to see what's what with 19.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:44 PM   #40
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

The game feels really violent in the trenches. The sound is a bit over the top but, combined with the RPM the game feels more alive than it has since I can remember. I'm not going to sit here and act like it's perfect, but the immersion goes up for me dramatically, by the way the game feels. Since the introduction of physics engines into sport gaming, I have craved and imagined what the technology could eventually be. For me, RPM really shines in differentiating each player's athletic skill sets. I still think we have only scratched the surface in terms of physics in sport gaming. The possibilties! By the way, as long as imperfect beings called man makes these games they will never be perfect, but this is a darn good one!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »