Home

Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #41
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormVoltron
In my opinion, it all comes down to people not understanding the point of HDR. The people who are claiming to have an issue with 19, all have said that they liked the look of 18. Madden 18 had such an absurdly cartoony look, whereas Madden 19 looks natural and realistic, as if you were watching an actual game on TV. Madden 19 has much better contrast, so of course some areas of the screen will be darker (when you're in the shade, for example) but it still retains a ton of detail. The highlights (reflections off of the helmets) pop much more this year, and due to the more realistic lighting, each stadium has its own unique and authentic look.

To give another example of the difference between SDR and HDR, just take a look at Daredevil on Netflix. If you're able to compare the SDR vs the HDR. The SDR version has more of an overall brighter, one-note kind of vividness in the colors (especially in Daredevil's suit) whereas the HDR version has more variance and a deeper tone, allowing it to pop more when it needs to, but also look darker and more subdued based on the surrounding environment. Overall, the SDR looks more flat, while the HDR has more depth and dimensionality.

This is what HDR does, in a nutshell, unless the artistic intent is more driven towards super bright and consistently vivid colors. You'll find that in games like Forza, Gears of War, Far Cry 5, etc., but in Madden they clearly went for a more natural and realistic approach.
And a lot of these games give control over HDR. I hope they implement HDR settings, because that would be sweet. When it comes to the human eye unfortunately, one size doesn't fit all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
And a lot of these games give control over HDR. I hope they implement HDR settings, because that would be sweet. When it comes to the human eye unfortunately, one size doesn't fit all.
That's a separate issue. People with LG OLEDs or anyone with a low peak brightness TV and poor tone mapping are the ones who need an HDR slider. Your 930E should not be experiencing any such issues, unless there's something wrong with your setup. There's someone with a 900E in another thread who absolutely loves the way the game looks on his Xbox One X.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #43
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Just finished Week 6 of my CFM and the game has turned into sack fest again since week 3. The Cpu keeps calling play action at ridiculous times(3rd and 12) and if I’m blitzing it’s a sack more often than not. The cpu can’t seem to handle safety blitzes.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #44
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Thats a sharp pic!

Sadly for us daylight progression fanatics.... that sun angle is perfect for a September/ October game… But for a divisional playoff game in January that sun angle should be much lower and I’m going to guess it’s not if you play a game in January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is another reason I love MLB the show. They actually have lighting angles change depending on the time of year
Old 08-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #45
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
I played with my Bucs against against the Saints last night and the cpu did a fantastic job of moving Ingram and Kamara in and out. There were even sets where they were on the field together. They wound up sharing carries almost equally. Nice job EA!
Did Kamara catch a lot of passes?
Old 08-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #46
Rookie

Should be impressions only. Please reply about tv hdr issues in different post. Getting my copy Friday and trying to decipher thru this bull**** is annoying.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:50 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormVoltron
It's not Madden, either. There are some of us that are not only getting a great experience, but the best visual experience on any sports game to date.

I am not sure that it is a Madden issue, well it would be I guess, but I am getting vastly different views from different stadiums. Some are really dark in the day, while the same stadium looks great at night. Some stadiums, Seattle, just look bad all the time.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
Is the xbox1x version worth upgrading to an X from PS4?

Only if you need to have the best graphics. If you are a gameplay fan, and think the graphics are good already, no reason to spend the money. (I own a PS4 pro, xbox one and an Xbox one x).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »