Home

Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #57
Rookie

BrianMcNulty11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Retail Launch)

I have the HOF edition on ps4 (standard)

Love the upgrade system in MUT. Being able to unlock better players (with default ratings) then upgrading them how you want is fun. I had a Moss legend within an hour.

Gameplay feels better than years past. I've yet to get a great feel for everything but I can tell this new RPM will reward players who put in time and learn the nuances.

Lighting/graphics/sound all great. I've heard a few weird commentary lines that don't match the action, but whatever. It doesn't affect the fun.

Still need to dig into 'chise mode but honestly everything else seems really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 7

I have decided this game is a turd. Running up the middle is basically impossible. I get stuffed 85-90 percent of the time. At least 10 -12 passes are knocked down a game by the cpu. My receivers get hit and drop 3-5 passes a game. I am not playing on the highest difficulty, and I have adjusted the sliders. Lastly, ea is lazy af for releasing the pc version so unoptimized. I have a really good system, and it runs mediocre at best. Pathetic.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #59
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Finally the running game is challenging. No more 5+ yards on every play.Like many have said you have to be patient and find the right hole.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:19 PM   #60
Rookie

BigDaneAyMane's Arena

OVR: 1

I really wanted to like this game seeing as I am excited about the Skins season, but I just can't do it. I'm not sure what year it was that it switched to this, but for the last few years it just feels like stick skills and user control depreciated. You used to be able to combine manual jukes with button jukes and get some really great moments faking people out.

It feels even worse on defense. I always loved using safeties and I remember the last year Sean Taylor was in the game, I believe Madden 08, you could just completely dominate with him all over the field. Now it just feels like you are on rails and defense is really only about the play you call. Manually controlling players just has not felt the same in years for me in this series.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:27 PM   #61
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Maybe it's just me but seems whenever I catch a crossing route or slant my WR never catches it in stride. It seems like he catches it and hitches.

Played a 100 game in Seattle. The lighting is sometimes really bright and sometimes very shadowy. I have an xbox one x and a 4k tv.

Halftime in play now is a joke. One highlight and talks about how great the halftime show is in franchise.

CPU play calling under 2 minutes down 2 scores was interesting. Pass 1st play for no gain, 2nd play run for no gain, 3rd incomplete pass. Then they punt from their 41 yard line. I ran out the clock.

In the 2 games I've played so far, haven't seen any robo QB. Played Washington (backbup) and Seattle (Wilson). I did pick wilson 3 times. 2 felt legit, 1 my CPU cb made a blind pick at the last second.

Also I didnt see wilson scramble at all. One play he rolled out had a rb in the flat. I was caught between the two. He hot yo the line of scrimmage with no one in front and the it to the rb who was covered.

Both my games were on 6 minutes all pro. Won 17-0 and 14-0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #62
Rookie

Played 5 games so far just getting a feel for the game

Run game is vastly improved feels organic,and you must read the holes,sometimes the defense dominates the online and I’ve versa,feel great

Passing game definitely harder this year which is good,I think there’s some super linebacker/DBs,nothing Superbad but I think it’s there

Rpm really changes the game as far as movement goes,Playing an outside linebacker feels really natural

I was playing the Texans and Watson throws a blitzing DB off to the side,steps up in the pocket scrambles and throws a 50yds dart,was really good to see and impressive

I like a lot of the franchise additions,would really like to see a revamping of the scouting system though,it’s a little basic and old

Still overall enjoyed this Madden so far more than any in recent memory
Old 08-07-2018, 07:18 PM   #63
Rookie

I completely disagree with people saying the run game feels organic. The defense is playing at a way faster speed than the offense period.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 12

PS4 HOF All-Pro, Sim, Default

I've managed to run somewhat effectively but somethings still a bit off. Too many TFL's.

CPU can't run. A couple of times they were juking too much but by and large the defenses swarm too fast.

CPU QB plays a better game. Moves, scrambles, throws inaccurate passes, etc. Well done.

Car crash over the top tackles. NFL Blitz like tackles. Not a fan.

Passing game is nice.

CPU still has ZERO boundary awareness.

Weird glitchy things I've noticed. When editing rosters outside of CFM many players have incorrect weights of 160 lbs.

When drafting it'll say you've reached taking a player because it thinks you're picking 1st overall even when you're selecting in the 5th round.

Bears drafted a QB....

Only penalties called are when I have pass rush on aggressive and my guy jumps offside or if I intentionally ground the ball.

Did I mention the CPU cannot run at all? Pinned 2 punts inside the 3 and both times insta safeties.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »